6 6
JerryBaumchen

Abortion Commentary

57 minutes ago, Slim King said:

When in doubt I often use the GOLDEN RULE which is accepted by the majority of faith believers .... "Do unto other as you'd have done  unto you."

Abortion violates this basic rule unless you are suicidal.

Can someone please wake me when it's over?

7 hours ago, ryoder said:

It would appear OH citizens didn't fall for the GOP's latest ploy to subvert women's rights:

NYT: Ohio Voters Reject Constitutional Change Intended to Thwart Abortion Amendment

I hope the GOP is learning this lesson (but I doubt it)..

"Commentary: Ohio's GOP just learned voters are not as gullible as they think"

https://www.wvxu.org/politics/2023-08-08/commentary-ohio-gop-issue-1-fails

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

Unfortunately there are still many states where the GOP will force a rape victim to go through pregnancy and childbirth.  Even if the victim is 12 years old.

What lovely, caring people.

Because it’s what Jesus would have wanted. 

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Not sure of the logic you are using... I think you are just attacking me because you have no defense for such activities. Sodomy is one thing but this thread is about Abortion... Correct? So transparent.

I am sure you like getting a blowjob....so if you live by: GOLDEN RULE which is accepted by the majority of faith believers .... "Do unto other as you'd have done  unto you." then you should have no problem doing the same thing in return. Otherwise, why are you putting your penis in somebody's mouth when you aren't willing to do the same in return....you know, GOLDEN RULE and all.

23 hours ago, kallend said:

Kansas, Kentucky, Montana, Vermont, Michigan, California, Wisconsin and now Ohio.  Red and blue state voters are telling the GOP to keep its busibody nose out of womens' bodies.

I think the Ohio vote was a combination of 'keep your filthy hands off of women's bodies' AND "don't take away our right to decide what we want on everything.'

While it was clearly (and clearly stated) about abortion rights, the deeper consequences were about the right of citizens to tell the government what to do and how to act.

WIth all of the gerrymandering, the 'will of the people' has been hijacked quite well.

R majorities (and sometimes supermajorities) in many states' legislatures, when the reality (as shown in statewide races like governor and US Senate) of far less support have damaged the idea of 'representative democracy' rather badly.

This was one more step down that road.

Fortunately, the people of Ohio saw through the smokescreens and defeated this.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Fortunately, the people of Ohio saw through the smokescreens and defeated this.

The GOP tried everyting it could to rig this election, from choosing the date to lying about its purpose, and it still lost.

Maybe there is hope.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kallend said:

The GOP tried everyting it could to rig this election, from choosing the date to lying about its purpose, and it still lost.

Maybe there is hope.

There is hope on the one issue of access to abortion. Clearly enough people feel strongly in support of it. But not so much on other culture war issues.

Hi folks,

Looks like the crazy offspring of Rob't Kennedy should turn in his DNC membership card:  He said he would sign a federal ban on abortion after 15 weeks or 21 weeks of pregnancy if he were elected president.

RFK Jr. backs 15-week federal ban on abortion - POLITICO

There are times when I wonder if something happened to him while he was in the womb.

When people argue that there are crazies in both parties, I have to say, 'Yup.'

Jerry Baumchen

On 8/10/2023 at 6:48 AM, kallend said:

Maybe there is hope.

The report is, the GOP is going to try it again.   Because voters were "confused."   And they didn't have enough time to inform and convince them.

8 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

The report is, the GOP is going to try it again.   Because voters were "confused."   And they didn't have enough time to inform and convince them.

It would be fun to see what happens when the Constitution is amended to protect reproductive rights.  I wonder if the GOP would then continue their crusade to make the Constitution harder to amend?  I mean, surely they are not doing this just to stymie the efforts of a democracy.  Right?

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

If you think a Constitutional Republic is the same as a Democracy you MUST be kidding .... 

It’s a good thing that’s not what I said then, isn’t it? 

You are a constitutional republic, you are also a democracy. A rudimentary understanding of what those words mean would clear things up for you.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Slim King said:

If you think a Constitutional Republic is the same as a Democracy you MUST be kidding .... Your kidding right ... ROTFLMAO This is a liberal view that shed light on this subject.

THIS IS A LIBERAL VIEW BUT IT SETS SOME LIGHT ON THE DIFFERENCE.. WE AR INDEED A c

The video is incorrect in stating that the difference between a democracy and a republic is the constitution that protects minority rights.

PLENTY of democratic countries have constitutions or other ways to protect minority rights and if the ONLY definition of a democracy is that 'all people vote on all laws' - as stated in the video, then there is NO democracy in any part of the world. All governments, even democratic ones elect representatives that do their bidding, or are supposed to do their bidding.

The video does a decent job of explaining some differences but in no way does it state that a constitutional republic is not democratically run or is NOT a democracy.

federalist society rhetoric that offers no more information or solution to any issue than before the argument was presented.  it is moot to say that the USA is not a democracy or that the differences that you can find prove that it is not..

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jakee said:

You are a constitutional republic, you are also a democracy. A rudimentary understanding of what those words mean would clear things up for you.

Oh please.

He understands full well what those words mean.

He just chooses to pretend that they mean stuff they don't.

Standard tactic.

7 hours ago, jakee said:

Not really going to work for him.

A rudimentary understanding of gender would take away his outrage over trans people.
A rudimentary understanding of climate science would take away his sense of smug superiority over the "warmists."
A rudimentary understanding of government would reduce his opportunities to attack other people with his agenda.

I had a highschool friend whose father was robbed one day in his store.  They held him up at gunpoint and tied him up in the back while they ransacked the store.  His father kept the rope for decades on his bedroom dresser to "keep himself angry" as he put it.

For many on the right, ignorance is their version of that rope.

23 hours ago, Slim King said:

After losing millions of dollars in the first lawsuits in Texas, Klanned Parenthood is being sued for over a BILLION dollars for the same FRAUD issues.  https://washingtonstand.com/news/planned-parenthood-warns-of-devastating-consequences-if-its-forced-to-pay-18-billion-in-medicaid-fraud-

“Then an undercover video showing Planned Parenthood trafficking in aborted fetal organs came out amidst whistleblowers’ credible allegations of Medicaid fraud.“

I stopped reading when I read that line give him that that was defunct so many times I lost count. Planned Parenthood never sold aborted fetal organs, it never happened.

If you’re going to post articles, try to post something that actually has factual information in it instead of horseshit right wing rag garbage

https://apnews.com/article/planned-parenthood-texas-medicaid-6c016b80c0cf76e3b8f9577ad6ea8e69

no mention of medical fraud anywhere in this article regarding the lawsuit. The state of Texas is simply trying to recoup the Medicare fees that it paid out, there is no mention of fraud anywhere. Even the text of the actual lawsuit does not claim fraud, it says that Planned Parenthood received money for services for which it was not entitled.

Even the text of the actual lawsuit does not claim fraud, it says that Planned Parenthood received money for services for which it was not entitled.

If it wasn’t entitled to receive those funds, then why did Texas pay the Medicare claims?

(edited)
1 hour ago, tkhayes said:

“Then an undercover video showing Planned Parenthood trafficking in aborted fetal organs came out amidst whistleblowers’ credible allegations of Medicaid fraud.“

I stopped reading when I read that line give him that that was defunct so many times I lost count. Planned Parenthood never sold aborted fetal organs, it never happened.

If you’re going to post articles, try to post something that actually has factual information in it instead of horseshit right wing rag garbage

https://apnews.com/article/planned-parenthood-texas-medicaid-6c016b80c0cf76e3b8f9577ad6ea8e69

no mention of medical fraud anywhere in this article regarding the lawsuit. The state of Texas is simply trying to recoup the Medicare fees that it paid out, there is no mention of fraud anywhere. Even the text of the actual lawsuit does not claim fraud, it says that Planned Parenthood received money for services for which it was not entitled.

Even the text of the actual lawsuit does not claim fraud, it says that Planned Parenthood received money for services for which it was not entitled.

If it wasn’t entitled to receive those funds, then why did Texas pay the Medicare claims?

The usefulness of Slim is that he is a wide open window into what we are up against. That has some value. Same with Winsor. He's right, of course, that relaxed standards in the name of inclusiveness might create a war zone situation where a 230# male shot through the pelvis can't be carried to safety by a beneficiary of those relaxed standards. However, that doesn't address the likelihood that if the 230# males that caused the war zone situation were beneficially shot through their pelvis's beforehand the disparity in physical abilities might never have come to notice.

Edited by JoeWeber

On 8/18/2023 at 6:53 PM, Slim King said:

After losing millions of dollars in the first lawsuits in Texas, Klanned Parenthood is being sued for over a BILLION dollars for the same FRAUD issues.  https://washingtonstand.com/news/planned-parenthood-warns-of-devastating-consequences-if-its-forced-to-pay-18-billion-in-medicaid-fraud-

Sounds like you were taken by right wing propaganda - again.  

I guess it is easier than thinking for yourself.