5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

On 1/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, SkyDekker said:

Another is that Trump represents an ideal for them - a successful white guy who can get multiple women, and ignore accusations of sexual assault and criminal activity.

which is stupid

Not everything that is evil is stupid. Ironically I just heard on the radio for the first time in a few years a song that includes the lyric "Thou shalt not think that any male over the age of 30 that plays with a child that is not their own is a [redacted].
Some people are just nice.
"

This is like that, except that some people are just arseholes.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:04 PM, normiss said:

I saw an accurate comment today regarding this.

"You what doesn't stop a bad guy with a gun? 800 armed police good guys with guns"

Neither did the recent Kansas City gun control laws specifically targeting juvenile gun violence, now we have two juveniles in custody and 11 children shot.

In other news, a Church security team stopped a bad gal with a gun at Lakewood Church in Texas.

Meanwhile, Democrats of course want to pass a law that would supposedly ban such security teams.

The USA ranks first for firearm homicides among high-income countries with populations over 10 million, according to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation. The rates for age-adjusted firearm homicide rates in the U.S. are 19 times more than in France, and 77 times more than in Germany.

17 minutes ago, kallend said:

The USA ranks first for firearm homicides among high-income countries with populations over 10 million, according to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation. The rates for age-adjusted firearm homicide rates in the U.S. are 19 times more than in France, and 77 times more than in Germany.

Well worth it for the joy and the exciting feeling of owning and playing with powerful machines of death.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:07 PM, Coreece said:

Neither did the recent Kansas City gun control laws specifically targeting juvenile gun violence, now we have two juveniles in custody and 11 children shot.

* Missouri law has no age restrictions on using firearms or gun possession.

* The state has requirements for minors purchasing firearms, but it does not have a minimum age requirement to possess them.

* Last year, House Republicans voted against an amendment that would have banned minors from openly carrying guns on public land without adult supervision. The bipartisan effort failed.

* Within the past decade, state lawmakers made it easier for adults to carry concealed weapons without requiring a permit.

* Recent state laws have expanded a person’s right to use guns to defend themselves in public and private spaces.

* Missouri has among the highest gun deaths, gun homicide rates and the highest number of household firearm ownership.

Source

Where were all the good guys with guns in that crowd? I thought an armed society was going to be polite.....

17 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

* Missouri law has no age restrictions on using firearms or gun possession.

* The state has requirements for minors purchasing firearms, but it does not have a minimum age requirement to possess them.

* Last year, House Republicans voted against an amendment that would have banned minors from openly carrying guns on public land without adult supervision. The bipartisan effort failed.

* Within the past decade, state lawmakers made it easier for adults to carry concealed weapons without requiring a permit.

* Recent state laws have expanded a person’s right to use guns to defend themselves in public and private spaces.

* Missouri has among the highest gun deaths, gun homicide rates and the highest number of household firearm ownership.

Source

Where were all the good guys with guns in that crowd? I thought an armed society was going to be polite.....

More than 800 armed police couldn't stop 2 bad guys with guns.

Yet another way America has become a banana republic.

5 hours ago, normiss said:

More than 800 armed police couldn't stop 2 bad guys with guns.

2 hours ago, tkhayes said:

when the bullets started flying, they all shit their pants and ran like everyone else.

They were stopped and ended up arrested. Only one person was killed, it could have been worse. It started with just one shooter, luckily there were more weapons in the crowd to keep things from getting out of hand. Freedom is not free, it is a small price to pay. 

5 hours ago, gowlerk said:

They were stopped and ended up arrested. Only one person was killed, it could have been worse. It started with just one shooter, luckily there were more weapons in the crowd to keep things from getting out of hand. Freedom is not free, it is a small price to pay. 

Are you suggesting that Canada, Australia,  UK, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Spain, France, and other nations with far lower rates of gun death than the USA are not free because they have more restrictive gun laws?  Or was that satire?

• Like 3

(edited)
11 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Freedom is not free, it is a small price to pay. 

Yeah, I am sure that dead woman is cheering for the freedom she preserved for her country......

I mean, the MOST important thing is that 2nd amendment rights were preserved.....

Edited by tkhayes
added 2nd sentence
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

So that one worked out exactly as intended then. Two people arguing and each know the other is armed, they literally have no choice but to start shooting in preemptive self defence. 

Now back to why liberal’s gun laws are so stupid…

On 2/18/2024 at 8:53 AM, kallend said:

Funny how no other 1st world nation sees the need for "Church Security Teams" to deal with bad gals (and guys) with guns.  

I wonder why that could be.

Republicans would claim its absolutely nothing to do with guns, it’s just that American society is so irredeemably awful.

7 hours ago, kallend said:

Are you suggesting that Canada, Australia,  UK, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Spain, France, and other nations with far lower rates of gun death than the USA are not free because they have more restrictive gun laws?  Or was that satire?

Satire for sure. 

7 hours ago, kallend said:

I'll leave you to work that out on your own. I still think you are a smart enough man to do so even though I'm a little surprised that you decided you should ask.

(edited)
1 hour ago, jakee said:

Republicans would claim its absolutely nothing to do with guns, it’s just that American society is so irredeemably awful.

Absolutely. I think I'm reasonably well traveled and nowhere else but here have I seen a single LGBTQ person, illegal immigrant, person of color, atheist, or worse, an EV driving climate alarmist. The only thing keeping us even partly unraveled is easy access to guns.

Edited by JoeWeber

1 hour ago, jakee said:

So that one worked out exactly as intended then. Two people arguing and each know the other is armed, they literally have no choice but to start shooting in preemptive self defence. 

Now back to why liberal’s gun laws are so stupid…

Conservatives will cheer that they both exercised their rights to self defense.After all 185 dead residents of Kansas city can testify to the justice of guns in 2023 alone

Last year in Denver when Nuggets fans celebrated the NBA championship win. Twenty rounds were fired, ten wounded and five guns seized after the shootout

55 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I'll leave you to work that out on your own. I still think you are a smart enough man to do so even though I'm a little surprised that you decided you should ask.

It's the internet.  I've never met you, I can't see your facial expression or body language, nor hear your tone of voice.

You should know this.

15 minutes ago, kallend said:

It's the internet.  I've never met you, I can't see your facial expression or body language, nor hear your tone of voice.

You should know this.

But you can read his previous posts, and see his tagline.

Wendy P.