5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

14 hours ago, ryoder said:

So another Trump toady had to experience FAFO for himself.

NPR: Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro found guilty for defying Jan. 6 committee subpoena

I am genuinely interested in what sentencing will look like - I do not recall any prior precedent for this sort of thing.  Of course, sentencing might take another fucking year.

3 hours ago, tkhayes said:

I am genuinely interested in what sentencing will look like - I do not recall any prior precedent for this sort of thing.  Of course, sentencing might take another fucking year.

Right. And it's not the MAGA Nutters that should be up in arms, we should be. F'n Trump called for insurrection on TV at the Ellipse. He was recorded strong arming Raffensperger to void the votes of 12000 Georgia voters. It's all a matter of public record, and without dispute, yet he walks free because he wants to be President again so he can pardon himself. Hundreds of low level idiots are in prison because of his lies and we're still reading about how Trump may shake off this or that indictment. And that's before our crooked Supreme Court gets a bite at the apple. Damn right we need a revolution.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tkhayes said:

Steve Bannon:
- July 22, 2022, the jury found Bannon guilty on contempt for not testifying, and not producing documents.
- October 21, 2022, Judge Nichols sentenced Bannon to serve four months in prison and pay a $6,500 fine.

He remains free while appealing.

See "2022 Contempt of Congress conviction" section on this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bannon

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Steve Bannon:
- July 22, 2022, the jury found Bannon guilty on contempt for not testifying, and not producing documents.
- October 21, 2022, Judge Nichols sentenced Bannon to serve four months in prison and pay a $6,500 fine.

He remains free while appealing.

See "2022 Contempt of Congress conviction" section on this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bannon

And Gym Jordan still gets to yell at and accuse others of crimes without evidence while he simply ignored his subpoena.

It's weird to realize that America is becoming a third world country.

4 hours ago, tkhayes said:

it gets better every day  The narcissistic sociopath simply cannot help himself.  I hope he actually demands to take the stand in all these trials he has coming up..... it will be spectacular.  I do not know how he even finds attorneys to back him up anymore. At some point, even lawyers have to go 'fuck no' seeing the damage it will do to their own reputations.

Apparently Trump suggested in a recent interview that he’d be happy to testify in the Georgia case. A legal analyst on one of the networks just laughed and said something like “There isn’t a defence lawyer alive who would let Trump take the stand. The man is a non-stop perjury machine!”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Apparently Trump suggested in a recent interview that he’d be happy to testify in the Georgia case. A legal analyst on one of the networks just laughed and said something like “There isn’t a defence lawyer alive who would let Trump take the stand. The man is a non-stop perjury machine!”

trump won't listen to his lawyers. He needs to get the truth off his chest about how he helped write the constitution.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jakee said:

“There isn’t a defence lawyer alive who would let Trump take the stand. The man is a non-stop perjury machine!”

There isn't a COMPETENT defense lawyer that would let him take the stand.  But eventually he is going to run out of competent lawyers, since they often have a nasty habit of expecting to be paid.

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

There isn't a COMPETENT defense lawyer that would let him take the stand.  But eventually he is going to run out of competent lawyers, since they often have a nasty habit of expecting to be paid.

But on the flip side plenty of the incompetent ones are already his co-defendants and co-conspirators. Which side will he run out of first?

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

He can run but he cannot hide:  Trump demands recusal of Judge Chutkan in federal 2020 election interference case | The Hill

Like most of his court attempts, I doubt that this one will succeed.

Jerry Baumchen

Hey Jerry,

I agree. Her comments to others charged with similar crimes and some for the same crime should have no effect on other defendants' cases. I look forward to the discussions regarding Trump's sentencing.

Apparently Smith’s DC Grand Jury is back in session, with a view to indicting Trump on fraud charges related to his PAC. 

They were fundraising on known false pretences (the election was stolen), they didn’t use the money for what they said they would (genuine election legal challenges), and some of the money was used to commit other blatant crimes as part of a conspiracy (Sydney Powell used funds for breaking into and tampering with multiple election machines).

It is simply staggering that the here is anyone left who thinks this is just a politically motivated prosecution. Did Nixon still have this many true believers left when he resigned and his cronies went to jail?

3 hours ago, jakee said:

It is simply staggering that the here is anyone left who thinks this is just a politically motivated prosecution. Did Nixon still have this many true believers left when he resigned and his cronies went to jail?

Nixon didn't have the propaganda arm of the GOP working for him, i.e. Fox News.

• Like 2

Mr. Giuliani one time mayor of NYC. Hero of 9/11 recovery efforts in NYC and prosecutor of the mob. Has fallen on hard times since he hitched his wagon to trump. He was just sued by his long time lawyer for $1.3 million in unpaid fees. He owes about $3 million in total in legal bills for his MAGA adventurism.

No longer a hero of the right after he went under the wheels of the trump bus. He can't even fund-raise to pay his bills.

spacer.png

He has other worries of course. Like the $2.7 billion dollar defamation lawsuit filed by Smartmatic.Where he is refusing to provide disclosure and documents.