5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

Hi folks,

But, but, the winning:  A federal judge on Thursday sharply rejected Donald Trump’s claim of “presidential immunity”

Would someone remind him that he is no longer the President?

Judge rejects Trump’s ‘presidential immunity’ defense in second E. Jean Carroll case - POLITICO

I wonder if he still believes in Santa Claus & The Tooth Fairy?

Jerry Baumchen

7 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

But, but, the winning:  A federal judge on Thursday sharply rejected Donald Trump’s claim of “presidential immunity”

Would someone remind him that he is no longer the President?

Judge rejects Trump’s ‘presidential immunity’ defense in second E. Jean Carroll case - POLITICO

I wonder if he still believes in Santa Claus & The Tooth Fairy?

Jerry Baumchen

I expect he believes he IS Santa Claus, and The Tooth Fairy.  (And the true Messiah too).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert,

Throughout history, rats have always left sinking ships.

It will be interesting to see just how many as things move forward.

Survival is a very strong instinct.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)

Hi folks,

Another one bites the dust:  Wood was part of a pro-Trump legal team that launched several challenges to 2020 election results that went nowhere and pushed baseless conspiracies of fraud.

Pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood gets law license retired : NPR

But, but, the winning.

I guess he could not face reality.  :`o

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Any thoughts how long before he turns on Trump:  Nauta was charged . . . in June in a 38-count indictment

Trump valet Walt Nauta pleads not guilty in classified documents case - POLITICO

IMO he will soon be just another rat leaving the ship.

Jerry Baumchen

I could be wrong, but I've heard that he's not going to get the opportunity to 'turn on Trump'.

He was given multiple chances to be honest, to simply tell the FBI the truth and he chose to lie.
His credibility is shit.
The prosecution doesn't need his testimony to convict Trump. They have tons of evidence. 
I think they want a 'little guy' to show they aren't just going after Trump.
They want to show the whole world that there are consequences for aiding and abetting crimes of this magnitude.

Of course, it will also be a clear demonstration of how well Trump treats his 'loyal followers'. The money he's conned out of his cult members could easily be given to Nauta to help cover his defense expenses.

Think that's going to happen?

HA!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I could be wrong, but I've heard that he's not going to get the opportunity to 'turn on Trump'.

He was given multiple chances to be honest, to simply tell the FBI the truth and he chose to lie.
His credibility is shit.
The prosecution doesn't need his testimony to convict Trump. They have tons of evidence. 
I think they want a 'little guy' to show they aren't just going after Trump.
They want to show the whole world that there are consequences for aiding and abetting crimes of this magnitude.

Of course, it will also be a clear demonstration of how well Trump treats his 'loyal followers'. The money he's conned out of his cult members could easily be given to Nauta to help cover his defense expenses.

Think that's going to happen?

HA!!!!

He is likely not the sharpest tool in the shed given that his job is to keep a fresh pile of Big Macs on trump's desk. Perhaps just a bit sharper than trump. He likely is the last person in America that thinks trump is loyal. Of everyone in the classified documents case he is probably the only one to end up behind bars.  Just call him the poster child for a gullible trump lackey.

Hi folks,

Another 'witch hunt;' getting to be a lot of them out there: [the district attorney] . . . wrote in a letter . . . that potential indictments in the case could come between 11 July and 1 September

Grand jury selected to consider Donald Trump election fraud case - BBC News

One can only hope.

Jerry Baumchen

37 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Another 'witch hunt;' getting to be a lot of them out there: [the district attorney] . . . wrote in a letter . . . that potential indictments in the case could come between 11 July and 1 September

Grand jury selected to consider Donald Trump election fraud case - BBC News

One can only hope.

Jerry Baumchen

Can the low income, poorly educated trump supporter afford any more indictments? They will stop feeding Wilma, the dogs and young'uns soon.

Hi folks,

But, but the winning:  The Justice Department . . . said former President Donald Trump should not be immune from . . . lawsuit over comments he made 

DOJ: Trump’s comments about E. Jean Carroll while president weren’t “job-related” - POLITICO

Looks live everyone but Trump is winning.

Jerry Baumchen

Unfortunately, the dumb sonofabitch could kill someone on 5th Avenue, get a life sentence, and STILL get elected.

The only shot is to invoke the 14th Amendment.  It does not require conviction for insurrection, just participation, and he's disqualified for holding any office.

Having said that, it would be nice to see him in the slammer.

BSBD,

Winsor

• Like 2

Hi folks,

MJOSparky used to post that when you were in a hole & wanted to get out, just stop digging:  Taranto presents too great a danger to be released while he awaits trial on four misdemeanor charges stemming from his participation in the Jan. 6 mob. 

Jan. 6 defendant who approached Obama neighborhood with guns is ordered detained before trial - POLITICO

You simply cannot fix stupid.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

I do not know about the rest of you, but I am quite interested in just what he has said:  Former President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner has appeared before a federal grand jury investigating Mr Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election

Jared Kushner testifies in probe of Trump and the 6 Jan riots - reports - BBC News

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I do not know about the rest of you, but I am quite interested in just what he has said:  Former President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner has appeared before a federal grand jury investigating Mr Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election

Jared Kushner testifies in probe of Trump and the 6 Jan riots - reports - BBC News

Jerry Baumchen

I think he said he thought Trump genuinely believed the election was stolen. When he'd been told by all and sundry it was legit. So Jared probably lied to the grand jury. Perjury charge anyone?

6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Jerry Baumchen

50 minutes ago, obelixtim said:

I think he said he thought Trump genuinely believed the election was stolen. When he'd been told by all and sundry it was legit. So Jared probably lied to the grand jury. Perjury charge anyone?

You guys know that trump told over 30,000 lies that were documented during his presidency don't you?

You know that Jared is related don't you?

You know that $2 billion in Saudi cash was pouring into Kushner business? That Kushner defended the Saudis thought the trump occupancy of the White house.

You know that Jared Kushner has given Saudi Prince MBS advice on how to handle the outrage over Khashoggi's murder?

There you've both satisfied yourselves regarding any doubts about the duty to truth of a trump family member. If murder is ok to make some cash. Election fraud is child's play.

I find it remarkable that there are still attorneys willing to work for Trump & Co.

be3d6c22-877f-4954-84fa-39e4fc083c25-staRay Stern
Arizona Republic

Lawyers for unsuccessful Arizona candidates Kari Lake and Mark Finchem will have to pay $122,200 for filing a baseless lawsuit attempting to ban the use of voting machines prior to the November election, a federal judge has ruled.

The ruling puts a dollar figure to sanctions ordered last year by Arizona U.S. District Court Judge John Tuchi and covers the legal costs by the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.

Tuchi reduced the share of the sanctions owed by attorney Alan Dershowitz, who nevertheless vowed to appeal the order "to the Supreme Court."

Lake and Finchem, Republicans who lost to Democrats Gov. Katie Hobbs and Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, respectively, won't have to pay any of the sanctions themselves. But their attorneys are accountable for filing a lawsuit in bad faith, said Deputy County Attorney Tom Liddy.

"These guys run a lawsuit with no evidence at all and waste $122,000 of taxpayer money — but now we got it back," Liddy said.

The ruling orders lawyers Andrew D. Parker and his law firm, Parker Daniels Kibort LLC, and Kurt B. Olsen and his law firm, Olsen Law PC, along with Dershowitz to together pay $122,200, except that Dershowitz's share of the sanctions is capped at $12,220. Parker, in responding to a request for comment, said he would appeal the decision.

It comes two months after other sanctions awards by judges in election challenges that they ruled had no justification. Finchem was ordered to pay $40,300, and his attorney another $7,400, for a frivolous lawsuit that sought to challenge the Nov. 8 election results. Olsen and another Lake attorney, Bryan Blehm, were ordered by the Arizona Supreme Court to pay $2,000 in sanctions for "unequivocally false" claims alleging 35,000 ballots were added to last year's election vote count.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kallend said:

I find it remarkable that there are still attorneys willing to work for Trump & Co.

be3d6c22-877f-4954-84fa-39e4fc083c25-staRay Stern
Arizona Republic

Lawyers for unsuccessful Arizona candidates Kari Lake and Mark Finchem will have to pay $122,200 for filing a baseless lawsuit attempting to ban the use of voting machines prior to the November election, a federal judge has ruled.

The ruling puts a dollar figure to sanctions ordered last year by Arizona U.S. District Court Judge John Tuchi and covers the legal costs by the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.

Tuchi reduced the share of the sanctions owed by attorney Alan Dershowitz, who nevertheless vowed to appeal the order "to the Supreme Court."

Lake and Finchem, Republicans who lost to Democrats Gov. Katie Hobbs and Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, respectively, won't have to pay any of the sanctions themselves. But their attorneys are accountable for filing a lawsuit in bad faith, said Deputy County Attorney Tom Liddy.

"These guys run a lawsuit with no evidence at all and waste $122,000 of taxpayer money — but now we got it back," Liddy said.

The ruling orders lawyers Andrew D. Parker and his law firm, Parker Daniels Kibort LLC, and Kurt B. Olsen and his law firm, Olsen Law PC, along with Dershowitz to together pay $122,200, except that Dershowitz's share of the sanctions is capped at $12,220. Parker, in responding to a request for comment, said he would appeal the decision.

It comes two months after other sanctions awards by judges in election challenges that they ruled had no justification. Finchem was ordered to pay $40,300, and his attorney another $7,400, for a frivolous lawsuit that sought to challenge the Nov. 8 election results. Olsen and another Lake attorney, Bryan Blehm, were ordered by the Arizona Supreme Court to pay $2,000 in sanctions for "unequivocally false" claims alleging 35,000 ballots were added to last year's election vote count.

Hi John,

Could not happen to more deserving people.

Jerry Baumchen