5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

19 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here, but I've seen it said elsewhere:

If Trump were innocent, and the testimony of people who have knowledge of the situation would exonerate him, he wouldn't be trying to STOP them from testifying.

Stopping or not stopping them from testifying is not the result he is after. Causing enough delay to get himself or an aligned republican elected as president is the goal. The subsequent pardon will make all of this moot.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Stopping or not stopping them from testifying is not the result he is after. Causing enough delay to get himself or an aligned republican elected as president is the goal. The subsequent pardon will make all of this moot.

I believe no POTUS of any party can pardon him from the current NY State charges he is facing.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I believe no POTUS of any party can pardon him from the current NY State charges he is facing.

Correct, but he won't go to jail, nor is it a particularly strong case, nor is a conviction in that going to change anybody's mind.

The post I was referring to clearly relates to the Special Prosecutor investigation which is very much federal.

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Correct, but he won't go to jail, nor is it a particularly strong case,

I guess so. But isn't it basically the same thing Cohen did serve time for? In any case, it's nice to see him have to deal with some real consequences for once. If not jail how about some home arrest time with an ankle bracelet and a PO to report to? 

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I guess so. But isn't it basically the same thing Cohen did serve time for? In any case, it's nice to see him have to deal with some real consequences for once. If not jail how about some home arrest time with an ankle bracelet and a PO to report to? 

No it isn't the same thing. Cohen was charged federally.

6 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I guess so. But isn't it basically the same thing Cohen did serve time for?

It's closer to what Edwards was charged with.  And he got off.  (Well, technically there was a mistrial, which is sort of a tie.  But he escaped jail.)

18 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

17 hours ago, gowlerk said:

15 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Correct, but he won't go to jail, nor is it a particularly strong case, nor is a conviction in that going to change anybody's mind.

The post I was referring to clearly relates to the Special Prosecutor investigation which is very much federal.

Georgia charges will also be state charges.
No federal pardon for those.

And I highly doubt any R President (if that happens, which I also doubt) would pardon Trump.

He's too toxic.

Don't forget that EVERY candidate in the 2022 mid-terms that Trump endorsed lost.

While the MAGA morons are too big of a voting bloc to ignore, pandering to them is not what I see happening.

As always, I can be wrong. 

9 hours ago, feuergnom said:

Well he needs the money. His net worth has dropped from $4.5 billion when he entered politics. To $2.5 billion now with losses of $700 million in the last year. US commercial real estate is in freefall because of high vacancies. Banks are reluctant to lend on any commercial buildings.

"Last September, Forbes estimated that the former president's social media company, Trump Media and Technology Group, was worth $730 million. However, six months later, the business is only valued at $180 million."

Only Elon Musk destroyed the value of of a company faster in the last year.

1 hour ago, feuergnom said:

But I doubt his ex law-monger has any substantial assets with Trump being know not to pay Bills.... 

Apparently he once had an estimated net worth of $150 million. The latest estimate is negative $1.5 million. There is more than one reason for the fall, but tangling up with the orange money sucking dotard is the big one.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Discovery should be very interesting.  Doesn't suing your lawyer mean all those attorney/client communications have to be disclosed?  Trump is an idiot.

Good point! My only thought was that if Trump had wanted an honest lawyer he’d have hired one. Instead he was more than happy to work with Mickey C knowing exactly what he brought to the table.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Discovery should be very interesting.  Doesn't suing your lawyer mean all those attorney/client communications have to be disclosed?  Trump is an idiot.

Not necessarily. But a well written counter-suit should take care of those small issues. There is always the exemption for fraud....But doesn't all of trump's business dealings involve fraud?

I'd expect a judge to throw trump's action out of court because courts don't enforce illegal contracts.

18 minutes ago, ryoder said:

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell ordered to follow through with $5 million payment to expert who debunked his false election data

Bwahahaha!!!

How the hell this fool was able to found a company, still baffles me.

In a brief phone interview with CNN, Lindell said “this will end up in court”

Lol, yeah. Bankruptcy court.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell ordered to follow through with $5 million payment to expert who debunked his false election data

Bwahahaha!!!

How the hell this fool was able to found a company, still baffles me.

Hi Robert,

From your link:  yet another blow to the MyPillow CEO’s credibility

Is that saying that he once had 'some' credibility? 

NOT!!!!!

Jerry Baumchen