5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

I'd almost say let him skip to the Bahamas or Russia or something if they could invoke the insurrection clause of the 14th amendment.

As it stands he could both be convicted and reelected.  The only three things that would bar him from office are impeachment, the 14th amendment or death.  Him choking on a chicken bone would be the most expeditious but it's bad manners to force the issue, impeachment has been tried, and the 14th amendment is all that's left.

Barring him from office, and striking a plea bargain deal where he pleads guilty but sentence is stayed so long as he never again sets foot on US soil.  This is a win-win for everyone except for whoever takes him in.

One could only hope.

8 minutes ago, winsor said:

I'd almost say let him skip to the Bahamas or Russia or something if they could invoke the insurrection clause of the 14th amendment.

As it stands he could both be convicted and reelected.  The only three things that would bar him from office are impeachment, the 14th amendment or death.  Him choking on a chicken bone would be the most expeditious but it's bad manners to force the issue, impeachment has been tried, and the 14th amendment is all that's left.

Barring him from office, and striking a plea bargain deal where he pleads guilty but sentence is stayed so long as he never again sets foot on US soil.  This is a win-win for everyone except for whoever takes him in.

One could only hope.

Hi Winsor,

Well, he is buddies with MBS.  And, the Saudi's did take in Idi Amin.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, winsor said:

One could only hope.

Yes he's a dope but he has seen US Secrets. How do you propose keeping his trap shut in Russia?

A Trump crony and fellow billionaire, Leon Black, was just accused of raping a woman decades ago.  The lawsuit, similar to the sort of civil suit that E.Jean Carroll won against Trump, accuses Black of raping her when she was 16 years old.  She has Down syndrome.  Black has issued the usual "never saw her before in my life" denials.

Leon Black came into the spotlight a few years ago when his trips to Russia with Trump came under scrutiny.  He and Trump hobnobbed with Russian government officials, went to lavish parties, and went out to strip clubs and discos.  Black also became "personal" friends with Ivanka and Jared and "spent time" with Steve Bannon.  Videos and pictures of Black and Trump together were presented during a Congressional investigation into their trips.  He was also close to Jeffery Epstein, often had dinner with him, and contracted with him on several business deals.

42 minutes ago, billvon said:

A Trump crony and fellow billionaire, Leon Black, was just accused of raping a woman decades ago.  The lawsuit, similar to the sort of civil suit that E.Jean Carroll won against Trump, accuses Black of raping her when she was 16 years old.  She has Down syndrome.  Black has issued the usual "never saw her before in my life" denials.

Leon Black came into the spotlight a few years ago when his trips to Russia with Trump came under scrutiny.  He and Trump hobnobbed with Russian government officials, went to lavish parties, and went out to strip clubs and discos.  Black also became "personal" friends with Ivanka and Jared and "spent time" with Steve Bannon.  Videos and pictures of Black and Trump together were presented during a Congressional investigation into their trips.  He was also close to Jeffery Epstein, often had dinner with him, and contracted with him on several business deals.

Networking, I think they call it. You've never needed to socialize with unsavory international criminals in the course of doing business at Qualcomm?

14 hours ago, normiss said:

Although this is starting to look like an indefensible case now. 40 charges so far. Evidence is rock solid.

I honestly think Trump may very well end up incarcerated. 

And it ain't over yet, more cases, more charges.

Theoretically - I'd love to know how this would happen. I think the fantasies of seeing him in Gen pop in an orange suit are sadly unrealistic - I'm guessing some form of house arrest on an island - like Napoleon? (Lots of parallels there!) 
I don't see it ever happening somehow but I'd love to be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

...I'm guessing some form of house arrest on an island - like Napoleon? (Lots of parallels there!) 

How about Alaska? He would have Sarah Palin to keep him company. He would be able to see his friend Putin's Russia from there.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Theoretically - I'd love to know how this would happen. I think the fantasies of seeing him in Gen pop in an orange suit are sadly unrealistic - I'm guessing some form of house arrest on an island - like Napoleon?

Probably house arrest in Mar-A-Lago.  He can sit there moaning about how the Deep State did this and that to him, while his shrinking fan base will echo his complaining on Facebook.  Fine with me.

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

Theoretically - I'd love to know how this would happen. I think the fantasies of seeing him in Gen pop in an orange suit are sadly unrealistic - I'm guessing some form of house arrest on an island - like Napoleon? (Lots of parallels there!) 

I'll look into it further but I think internet service was spotty at best on Elba. In my humble opinion the bastard needs to be in a box where each and every call he makes is listened to, transcribed, and then shredded and flushed so he feels right at home.

4 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Hi Stumpy,

Sounds good to me.

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Supermax?

No 'gen-pop' there. Isolated all day long.

Given the level of secret info he's stolen, given how valuable it could STILL be if he just told people (presuming he can remember some of it), given the fact that one of the tip-offs that he was sharing that info with others was the CIA realizing that some of their overseas sources (you know - actual people) were disappearing, I think a pretty good argument could be made for a sentence to be served in Florence CO.

• Like 1

In 2021 Trump had a meeting where he waved around a top secret document describing a US attack on Iran.  He showed it to several people including a writer.  Someone recorded the meeting and you could hear the paper being rustled as he described the document.

Once the recording came out he denied the document existed.  "There was no document.  That was a massive amount of papers and everything else talking about Iran and other things. And it may have been held up or may not, but that was not a document. I didn’t have a document, per se. There was nothing to declassify. These were newspaper stories, magazine stories and articles.”

After becoming the target of the investigation, Trump returned the final 15 boxes.  The document that he claimed did not exist - was in fact in one of the boxes.

This is becoming like the beginning of that Austin Powers movie.

Justice: "So you showed the document to the press at a meeting!"
Trump: "I never had that meeting!"
Justice: "One audio tape of that meeting!"
Trump: "Well, I didn't SHOW them a document."
Justice: "One audio recording of paper being rustled!"
Trump: "But it wasn't a document, it was just papers."
Justice: "One top secret document recovered from your boxes labeled 'Attack on Iran'!  "

9 minutes ago, billvon said:

This is becoming like the beginning of that Austin Powers movie.

Justice: "So you showed the document to the press at a meeting!"
Trump: "I never had that meeting!"
Justice: "One audio tape of that meeting!"
Trump: "Well, I didn't SHOW them a document."
Justice: "One audio recording of paper being rustled!"
Trump: "But it wasn't a document, it was just papers."
Justice: "One top secret document recovered from your boxes labeled 'Attack on Iran'!  "

I could imagine this as a John Cleese / Michael Palin skit.

Trump's $475 million 'big lie' defamation lawsuit against CNN dismissed

A federal judge has thrown out Donald Trump's $475 million defamation lawsuit against CNN, in which the former president claimed the network's description of his election fraud as the "big lie" associated him with Adolf Hitler.

If the jackboot fits, wear it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Trump's $475 million 'big lie' defamation lawsuit against CNN dismissed

A federal judge has thrown out Donald Trump's $475 million defamation lawsuit against CNN, in which the former president claimed the network's description of his election fraud as the "big lie" associated him with Adolf Hitler.

If the jackboot fits, wear it.

Hi Robert,

But, but, the winning.

And, once again:  'How sweet it is.'

Jerry Baumchen

Meanwhile in real law, after it emerges that Trump ordered his underlings to try and erase security camera footage showing the movement of his boxes, one of Trump’s former lawyers says the case against him ‘really tight’ and the evidence ‘rock solid’. 

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Meanwhile in real law, after it emerges that Trump ordered his underlings to try and erase security camera footage showing the movement of his boxes, one of Trump’s former lawyers says the case against him ‘really tight’ and the evidence ‘rock solid’. 

A good overview where all of his cases will fall vs. the primaries.  (It's easy to get lost in all the lawsuits and court cases against him.)  All the civil suits happen before the primaries - but all the criminal trials happen afterwards.   That means he can lose the lawsuits but claim "I am not a crook" since none of them were criminal convictions against him.  Then the primaries happen, and republicans select him.  Then the criminal trials start, and then we see if a felon can really run for president.

And we might even get to see if a president can serve from a prison cell.

Trump_lawsuit_timeline.JPG

10 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

trump has turned a new leaf. Really. He's changed and is now paying his legal bills. $56 million over the last three years. One of his slush funds had given $40 million to another super pac and trump asked for it back to pay his lawyers.

The lawyers are learning.

Trump has such a long history of being a deadbeat, of refusing to pay bills, that the lawyers are now demanding to be paid in advance.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/15/politics/save-america-pac-trump-lawyer/index.html

Of course, Trump himself isn't paying those bills.

His idiot supporters are donating the money for it.

Barnum was right.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Dammit man!

This deep state effort is insane! It appears it will never stop!

Couldn't happen to a more deserving traitor to America.

I'm curious lately how it's legal for him to spend million$ of election funds for his and his minions' criminal legal fees.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 6:07 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

The lawyers are learning.

Trump has such a long history of being a deadbeat, of refusing to pay bills, that the lawyers are now demanding to be paid in advance.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/15/politics/save-america-pac-trump-lawyer/index.html

Of course, Trump himself isn't paying those bills.

His idiot supporters are donating the money for it.

Barnum was right.

Hi Joe,

'A fool and his money are soon parted.'

That saying is far, far older than I am.  And, how true.

Jerry Baumchen 

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Hey, lawyers have to eat also:  As Mr Trump's legal battles intensify, the bills will only keep rising.

Pro-Donald Trump group spends more than $40m on legal fees - BBC News

If nothing else, it helps keep the economy going.

Jerry Baumchen

Another reason to give thanks for your education. You don't believe the deep state, MAGA, republican b.e. and you don't donate your hard earned cash to trump.

There is a good reason the republican leadership doesn't want student loan forgiveness, doesn't want to fund education. They see the proponents of those positions as the enemy.

• Like 1