5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

18 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I think it's slightly more accurate to state that it's the people who don't vote who have given us the leaders they deserve.

There is truth in that. When you get down to it about a third of the people will be voting for Trump. The other 2/3 s can stop him if they can be bothered to.

• Like 1

(edited)
11 hours ago, gowlerk said:

There is truth in that. When you get down to it about a third of the people will be voting for Trump. The other 2/3 s can stop him if they can be bothered to.

And that holds true to any other country dealing or suffering from rightwing parties and governments. Which leads me to the thought that the American model of democracy is quite a success

Edited by feuergnom

On 2/9/2024 at 3:27 PM, JoeWeber said:

On several occasions I pushed back on skydekkers, too glib I thought then, assertions that the US was just another banana republic. I was wrong. We truly are becoming a world class embarrassment and on a daily basis I feel more and more removed from my American identity. I have options and no kids so I can simply check out. But every one with kids and a vested interest in the future of America out to be spending most of their free time on getting out the vote and spending whatever money they have to spare on the process.

Probably was too glib at the time, but not wrong unfortunately. I think there is a lot at stake this election and not just for the US.

On 2/9/2024 at 4:01 PM, JoeWeber said:

Yes, the system can be saved if young’uns and suburban women come out in force and vote D. I am not holding my breath. I also listened to the arguments; a charitable description at best, and was unimpressed. Even Kagen was off target. The all let the office vs. official crap get totally overblown. The only focus the liberals should have had was the textualist and originalist arguments. They blew it.

One description I heard, that I thought was rather apt, was that SCOTUS was more concerned about the risk of allowing states to exclude a candidate than the risk of allowing this candidate.

5 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

One description I heard, that I thought was rather apt, was that SCOTUS was more concerned about the risk of allowing states to exclude a candidate than the risk of allowing this candidate.

Yes, that's a perceived concern. The real problem is that we have a Supreme Court that has zero integrity, no real touchstone legal philosophy, believes it is immune from any regulation, has the minority party for backstop, and has 6 votes to quash any sensibilities. Truly, we are Banana Republic.

14 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Yes, that's a perceived concern. The real problem is that we have a Supreme Court that has zero integrity, no real touchstone legal philosophy, believes it is immune from any regulation, has the minority party for backstop, and has 6 votes to quash any sensibilities. Truly, we are Banana Republic.

Possibly comparing the US to a banana republic is an insult to bananas.

Trump fined $25M for FRAUD in the Trump U case.

Trump fined $2M (and banned from operating a charity) for FRAUD in the Trump Foundation case.

Trump fined $354M for FRAUD in this case.

Trump found to have lied in the  E. Jean Carroll case.

What description is appropriate for someone who wants a proven FRAUD and LIAR to be President of the USA?

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump fined $2M (and banned from operating a charity) for FRAUD in the Trump Foundation case.

What description is appropriate for someone who wants a proven FRAUD and LIAR to be President of the USA?

Rape.

Fraud.

Election interference.

Espionage.

Insurrection.

Two down... three to go.

91 felony counts on the wall.

(edited)
31 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump fined $354M for FRAUD in this case.Over $450 million including pre-judgement interest.

The judgement today doesn't include pre-judgement interest

According to FOX news there are no victims anywhere. So why are the weaponized DOJ's everywhere, attacking trump?

In other news the SEC approved yesterday the "two-year-old planned merger to take the former president’s media venture public, according to the companies behind the deal, Trump Media & Technology Group and Digital World Acquisition Corp.", i.e. Truth Social.

Insiders in this deal had to pay fines already of $18 million for insider trading. But the SEC approved it anyway. In the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2023, Trump Media lost $26 million. "Trump the combined company’s largest investor with more than 78 million shares, could mean he would hold as much as 69 percent of the outstanding stock".

For skilled scammers like the trump mob family as one door closes, one opens.

Edited by Phil1111

18 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The judgement today doesn't include pre-judgement interest

According to FOX news there are no victims anywhere. So why are the weaponized DOJ's everywhere, attacking trump?

I don't get why this keeps going (mostly) unchallenged in the sane (non Fox, Newsmax etc) media. Trump was there damn near everyday of the trial claiming everyone made money and no-one lost out and he never defaulted and the response has been mostly technical explanations of why that's not the point.

Why isn't he getting hammered everyday with the fact that he absolutely did not pay back all of those loans, and some of the lenders he tricked lost 'yuge' (as did the taxpayer)?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/10/27/report-trump-had-over-280-million-in-debt-forgiven-and-avoided-paying-taxes-on-most-of-it/#:~:text=President Donald Trump has had,paying taxes%2C the newspaper says.

27 minutes ago, jakee said:

I don't get why this keeps going (mostly) unchallenged in the sane (non Fox, Newsmax etc) media. Trump was there damn near everyday of the trial claiming everyone made money and no-one lost out and he never defaulted and the response has been mostly technical explanations of why that's not the point.

Why isn't he getting hammered everyday with the fact that he absolutely did not pay back all of those loans, and some of the lenders he tricked lost 'yuge' (as did the taxpayer)?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/10/27/report-trump-had-over-280-million-in-debt-forgiven-and-avoided-paying-taxes-on-most-of-it/#:~:text=President Donald Trump has had,paying taxes%2C the newspaper says.

Or why drunk drivers can't win the same argument with the cops who stop them. "Well nobody was hurt and I'm home now".

30 minutes ago, jakee said:

Reminds me of the Seinfeld skit.  Kramer has no problem stealing from corporations because they just "write it off."

Interesting that he is now blocked from doing business with NY banks. He needs the money for this settlement to appeal - where will he get it from?

He's no longer valuable to Putin or Russian banks, if they even have the money now.

I'm unaware of any "Buy here pay here" loans for civil suits to people that don't pay their debts. Trump already couldn't get a used car loan in America.

Eric and Coke Jr. are basically out of work now too.

That Find Out part is starting to hit the Trump crime family hard. And it's only just starting.

3 cases so far, all with women in control of them, and now his business baby sitter in NY, also a woman. Karma seems to be driving a steam roller.

(edited)
15 hours ago, kallend said:

Trump found to have lied in the E. Jean Carroll case.

my other MAGA friend... 'but who is the victim here?'

Still making shitty excuses for the biggest piece of shit con artist fraudster that ever entered the White House.  

The TAXPAYERS are the victim.... everyone in NY paid higher taxes BECAUSE Donald J Trump stole money from the state coffers.  The same money that goes to build roads, pay for education, feed hungry children.  I am sure there are programs that take care of homeless veterans as well.

Donad Trump stole from those programs by committing fraud.  He's an ACTUAL piece of shit con man.  I hope he dies penniless from colon cancer

Edited by tkhayes

On 2/16/2024 at 7:50 PM, ryoder said:

Never fear; GoFundMe is here!

GoFundMe: Stand with Trump; Fund the $355M Unjust Judgment

(Or perhaps yet another grifter using the Trump name.)

If we needed any further proof the people behind this GoFundMe are grifters:

Financial Influencer Grant Cardone Says He Can Make You A Billionaire. His Investors Claim He Defrauded Them.

As a prominent member of the Church of Scientology, Cardone is also accused of infusing the controversial organization’s teachings into his business methods...

Danger, Will Robinson!!!