5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

8 hours ago, kallend said:

That applies to every criminal prosecution - even more so to those of more limited means than Sidney (like most of us).

"The People versus John Doe" is a bit lopsided in terms of available resources, and funding for public defenders is woefully inadequate.

Trump spent a career using legal bullying tactics in civil cases too.

Hi John,

IMO his biggest problem now is that his bully, Roy Cohn, is now dead.

Jerry Baumchen

From Trump's latest speech:

“I can't imagine myself being a politician — it has cost me a couple of billion dollars to be a politic — everyone else makes — they make — I said no we can't do that — I could've made a fortune — countries are coming — we've got to build a job, and we'd like to have you involved — billions I say — I tell my kids, sorry kids, we can't do it, I’m President — I respected the office — and then I get out, and I see the stuff Biden's been doing, and I say, well I did it the right way — you know  — the money — and my kids say, dad could we build a job here or there — in the Middle East — certain countries — they got a lotta money — and they’d love to build a nice Trump job — no kids you can't do that, it's a conflict — I didn't do that  — so I was willing — and the of course they made it much worse with legal fees — I have $100 million worth of legal fees — and they are doing good — at least I have a good lawyers — you could spend $100 million on lousy lawyers too — it happens — but no I said, I said, right from the beginning — I told Ben and Candy a long time ago — I said you know it's incredible — as soon as you win, they start coming to you — wanna do this — and I told my kids you can't do that, you can’t do that — too much respect for the office — and uh ...”

ChatGPT could have done a better job.

It looks more and more likely that he is suffering from something like PSP frontotemporal dementia.  He's leaning forward more, getting stiffer, and getting more awkward in how he walks - as well as having more difficulty talking coherently.  And of course the other signs (poor judgment, loss of empathy, socially inappropriate behavior, lack of inhibition, repetitive and compulsive behavior, inability to concentrate or plan, frequent abrupt mood changes, speech difficulties, problems with balance or movement, memory loss) have been there for a while now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billvon said:

...It looks more and more likely that he is suffering from something like PSP frontotemporal dementia.  He's leaning forward more, getting stiffer, and getting more awkward in how he walks - as well as having more difficulty talking coherently.  And of course the other signs (poor judgment, loss of empathy, socially inappropriate behavior, lack of inhibition, repetitive and compulsive behavior, inability to concentrate or plan, frequent abrupt mood changes, speech difficulties, problems with balance or movement, memory loss) have been there for a while now.

Yeah, if you look at him 15 or 20 years ago and then look at today, there's a serious decline. 

And, of course, if you look at Biden 20 years ago, the speech patterns, hesitations & mistakes were there back then too. 
Not a whole lot of change.

44 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Yeah, if you look at him 15 or 20 years ago and then look at today, there's a serious decline.

Yes, 33 years ago he could actually speak coherent English, in complete sentences, just like a native speaker!

Interview starts at 3:00

Some of the interviewers I hear on BBC radio are very tough.  They ask pointed questions, and don't accept dissembling answers.  I'd love to hear some of them have a go at our US politicians, but of course our politicians are just barely smart enough to never get caught in that position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Some of the interviewers I hear on BBC radio are very tough.  They ask pointed questions, and don't accept dissembling answers.  I'd love to hear some of them have a go at our US politicians, but of course our politicians are just barely smart enough to never get caught in that position.

"BBC HARDtalk" with Stephen Sackur is a great example.

The local NPR station switches over to BBC News during the night here, and I've heard him grilling the hell out of politicians.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, billvon said:

“I can't imagine myself being a politician — it has cost me a couple of billion dollars to be a politic — everyone else makes — they make — I said no we can't do that — I could've made a fortune — countries are coming — we've got to build a job, and we'd like to have you involved — billions I say — I tell my kids, sorry kids, we can't do it, I’m President — I respected the office — and then I get out, and I see the stuff Biden's been doing, and I say, well I did it the right way — you know  — the money — and my kids say, dad could we build a job here or there — in the Middle East — certain countries — they got a lotta money — and they’d love to build a nice Trump job — no kids you can't do that, it's a conflict — I didn't do that  — so I was willing — and the of course they made it much worse with legal fees — I have $100 million worth of legal fees — and they are doing good — at least I have a good lawyers — you could spend $100 million on lousy lawyers too — it happens — but no I said, I said, right from the beginning — I told Ben and Candy a long time ago — I said you know it's incredible — as soon as you win, they start coming to you — wanna do this — and I told my kids you can't do that, you can’t do that — too much respect for the office — and uh ...”

No clearer admission that he used the job to make money.

7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

A side note on that:

Ivanka filed for a stay because it was "the middle of a school week."  Because she had to . . . what?  Drive her kids to school?  A woman worth $800 million can't get someone to drive her kids to school?  Can't get her husband to do it?  Can't figure out any way at all to deal with a time in the middle of the week that she has to be somewhere else?

Let's all hope that one of her kids never has a dentist appointment during the day.  Because what would she do then?  She'd have to petition to get the schools in her state shut down, because there's no other way to deal with that.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

A side note on that:

Ivanka filed for a stay because it was "the middle of a school week."  Because she had to . . . what?  Drive her kids to school?  A woman worth $800 million can't get someone to drive her kids to school?  Can't get her husband to do it?  Can't figure out any way at all to deal with a time in the middle of the week that she has to be somewhere else?

Let's all hope that one of her kids never has a dentist appointment during the day.  Because what would she do then?  She'd have to petition to get the schools in her state shut down, because there's no other way to deal with that.

Somehow she didn't have this issue when travelling with Trump to grift from various countries.

The stay was quickly denied by the way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Somehow she didn't have this issue when travelling with Trump to grift from various countries.

The way the Republicans are obsessed with any of Biden's family dealing with any foreign entities when Trump's kids foreign dealings while officially part of the government were all done out in the open for all to see reminds me of this Frankie Boyle skit about the financial crash. "No Grannie, it was him - they showed you him doing it!"

• Like 1

Hi folks,

Sometimes your actions have consequences:  A former Trump administration State Department official has been sentenced to 70 months in prison for joining the violent Jan. 6 mob that pummeled police officers in the Capitol’s Lower West Terrace tunnel.

Former Trump State Department official sentenced to 70 months for Jan. 6 assaults - POLITICO

I hope he was not counting on that federal pension to take care of him in his old age.

Jerry Baumchen

7 hours ago, ryoder said:

Wait! Are you saying you paid me that money to write a non-fiction book?

Mark Meadows' Book Publisher Sues Him for Lying in Book

The company alleges that once news broke that Meadows was cooperating with prosecutors on October 24, sales bottomed out and the book only sold 60,000 copies. The company based the advance it paid to Meadows on anticipated sales of at least 200,000 copies.

The lawsuit alleges that Meadows' testimony to the grand jury "squarely contradicts the statements in his book... that President Trump was the true winner of the 2020 election." The book alleged that the election was "stolen and rigged" with the assistance of the "liberal media." These statements in the book are directly contracted by his testimony

Surely they knew they were going to get the election lie when they pitched the book in the first place. Seems more like they’re suing him for telling (some of) the truth in court then telling lies in the book.

Also, they based their forecasts on 200,000 of the MAGA faithful wanting to read anything longer than a Facebook post? I don’t want to tell them their business, but sounds like it was always an optimistic plan.

• Like 2

Hi folks,

As I continue to say, he is his own worst enemy:  Testimony by former president Donald Trump quickly descended into bitter sniping Monday among the judge, Trump’s attorneys and a lawyer for the New York attorney general’s office

I guess that he does not understand that this is not a jury trial.

I am quite sure that the judge is not one of the 'poorly educated' that love Trump.

Trump’s testimony quickly turns to shouting match - POLITICO

Jerry Baumchen