5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

11 hours ago, billvon said:

3) get Meadows (and himself) pardoned for that state's convictions.

Apparently that can only happen after having served 5 years according to some. The way I read it, it actually says you cannot apply until 5 years after completion of serving your sentence:

To qualify for a Pardon for offenses other than sex offenses which require you to be listed on Georgia’s Sex Offender Registry:

●      You must have completed all sentence(s) at least five (5) years prior to applying.

●      You must have lived a law-abiding life during the five (5) years prior to applying.

●      You cannot have any pending charges.

●      All fines must be paid in full.

https://pap.georgia.gov/parole-consideration/pardons-restoration-rights

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Good thing. From that story: "When the FBI seized several of his cell phones in April 2021 in a now-closed investigation, much of Giuliani’s electronic records were held on a database operated by a company called Trustpoint.One. But they were archived, and running searches on files the company held for more recent litigation isn’t cheap. Even  hosting his records with the company costs $20,000 a month, according to a recent court filing. ...By May, Giuliani was more than $320,000 behind in payments to the document hosting company, according to a sworn statement he made in court. “I do not have the funds to pay this amount at this time,” he wrote. "

Like WTF. I need to invest in cloud companies.

Trump's PAC paid for those fees and Giuliani claimed he was sort of liable in that lawsuit, all in an attempt to try and not have to produce any of those documents in discovery. Certainly makes you wonder what is in those documents. So far the judge hasn't quite accepted that submission and has asked Giuliani to explain his position.

I read an excellent article this morning explaining the unfair treatment that Trump is getting from the Justice system.

Trump's time in Fulton County Jail will be brief. Others die waiting

In the coming days, Donald Trump will turn himself in to police in Georgia. His initial brush with the local criminal justice system is expected to last just hours - most other defendants are not so lucky...

Hundreds of people were held at Fulton County Jail for more than 90 days because they had yet to be formally charged or could not afford to pay the bail bond required for their release, according to a September 2022 report from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).

The report also found 117 people had waited in jail for more than a year because they had not been indicted; 12 had been held for two years for the same reason....

Noni Battiste-Kosoko was just 19 when she died in Fulton County Jail custody in July after being arrested on a less serious misdemeanour charge. Deputies found her unresponsive in her cell in the Atlanta City Detention Center, an additional space the county is leasing to alleviate overcrowding at the main jail....

Ms McClure said a number of factors have led to overcrowding in the Fulton County Jail system. For one, people charged with misdemeanours in the county are arrested and taken into custody, unlike some other Georgia jurisdictions, where defendants are generally released and given a future court date for minor offences, she said....

The contrast in experiences rankled some defence attorneys who have worked in Fulton County for years. "He's gonna be treated with kid gloves because he's a former president," said Keisha Steed, an Atlanta-area criminal defence attorney who once worked as a public defender. "And our clients are going to be kicked in the teeth."

Innocent until proven guilty... but 2 years in jail just for having been arrested - not even charged, let alone convicted. Mandatory time in custody for a misdemeanor arrest. The criminalisation of poverty in the US is really on another level.

9 hours ago, kallend said:

Georgia will add to Giuliani's financial woes:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/15/politics/giuliani-money-lawsuits-trump/index.html

Hi John,

Not to worry, Trump will pay his costs.  He always has, right, maybe, uh, hmmm ????????

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I'm waiting with bated breath on which of those folks, indicted by Fani, will turn on Trump first.  Survival is a VERY strong instinct.

4 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

From her message:

"Hey, you stupid slave n**** . . . . You are in our sights. We want to kill you."  She said the judge and her family would be “targeted personally, publicly.”

What a lovely woman.  At least she's anti-woke.

19 minutes ago, billvon said:

From her message:

"Hey, you stupid slave n**** . . . . You are in our sights. We want to kill you."  She said the judge and her family would be “targeted personally, publicly.”

This is what happens when all those woke Californians move to Texas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billvon said:

From her message:

From the BBC:

When federal agents visited Ms Shry's home in the Houston suburb of Alvin three days later she said she had harboured no intention of going to Washington DC to carry out her threats, according to the court filing.

Ok, so far so good.

But she allegedly added that "if Sheila Jackson Lee comes to Alvin, then we need to worry".

Oh Karen, you really shouldn’t have told the FBI you wanted to try that in a small town.

36 minutes ago, jakee said:

From the BBC:

When federal agents visited Ms Shry's home in the Houston suburb of Alvin three days later she said she had harboured no intention of going to Washington DC to carry out her threats, according to the court filing.

Ok, so far so good.

But she allegedly added that "if Sheila Jackson Lee comes to Alvin, then we need to worry".

Oh Karen, you really shouldn’t have told the FBI you wanted to try that in a small town.

Make America great like it was in my grandfathers day when all self respecting people were members of the KKK and lynched the uppity people of color who dared to challenge our superiority  note that this is sarcasm but could have easily come from any mags followers 

3 hours ago, jakee said:

From the BBC:

Ok, so far so good.

Well, there was a fella in Provo Utah that made a bunch of threats towards Biden & Harris. When the FBI came to talk to him, he said "come back with a warrant", and then proceeded to make threats towards the FBI.

When the FBI came back with the warrant he asked for, he answered the door with a gun.

He's now dead.

https://apnews.com/article/utah-biden-fbi-assassination-threat-ba3cc1d3b2f6cca8bd429febdcf04219

Can't say I'm terribly surprised.

Or in any way sorry.

Note: He was fully within his rights to insist that they get a warrant before he'd let them in or talk to them.
The warrant they 'came back with' was an arrest warrant. 
Because making death threats towards the President is an actual crime.

13 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, there was a fella in Provo Utah that made a bunch of threats towards Biden & Harris. When the FBI came to talk to him, he said "come back with a warrant", and then proceeded to make threats towards the FBI.

When the FBI came back with the warrant he asked for, he answered the door with a gun.

He's now dead.

Another hero of the far right.  I am sure this will be spun as FBI overreach and Biden's way of silencing critics.

On 8/14/2023 at 1:46 PM, SkyDekker said:

Different case. Highly unlikely judge would react to possible witness intimidation in another case.

Maybe. But apparently, Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya told Trump at his arraignment in DC that the most important condition of his of release was not committing a state, federal or local crime while on release. DC isn't a state, which she knows, but Georgia is. So maybe his Truth Social post where he, again apparently, warned Rep. Jeff Duncan to not testify before the Fulton County, GA grand jury might be construed as an attempt at witness tampering in a State case and thus grounds to revoke his pre-trial release. 

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Maybe. But apparently, Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya told Trump at his arraignment in DC that the most important condition of his of release was not committing a state, federal or local crime while on release. DC isn't a state, which she knows, but Georgia is. So maybe his Truth Social post where he, again apparently, warned Rep. Jeff Duncan to not testify before the Fulton County, GA grand jury might be construed as an attempt at witness tampering in a State case and thus grounds to revoke his pre-trial release. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Fulton County Sheriff put the accused in cuffs and place them in holding cells during the process.

It might actually instill a touch of respect for the legal trouble they are actually in.

I still find it amusing to see old wealthy white men personally understand how the criminal court process works.

Hi folks,

Aw, shucks, I was hoping to see just what he had:  Trump’s lawyers and advisers had grown increasingly concerned about the information the former President shares publicly as his legal woes grow

Donald Trump calls off press conference where he said he would share report on Georgia election fraud claims - POLITICO

As I continue to say:  He is his own worst enemy => Makes you feel good just hearing it.

Jerry Baumchen

11 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Any significant crime committed in DC is a 'federal crime'.

And I can't see in any way how warning Duncan not to testify, along with the 'If you come after me, I'm coming for YOU' post wouldn't be considered witness tampering.

Of course, because he's rich & white, he'll get a pass, just like every other time.

Trump just went to judge Aileen Cannon and begged her to take some action against a prosecutor (Jack Smith) because Jack Smith set jury selection for the same day that Trump has to be in court for pretrial motions in the Florida case.

A few things here.

One, it's funny to see Trump begging an ally to illegally intervene in another case.  She's already helped him out twice in his attempts to avoid justice, and if she really does take action on this, Trump might just find himself with another judge after she is removed from the case for bias.  Perhaps replaced by judge Bruce Reinhart, a Florida judge that Trump supporters have been threatening to kill.

Two, there's already a procedure in place to handle this.  There is an August 28th hearing where the trial date will be set, and at that point Trump's team has the right to request other changes as a result of the trial date.  So there's already a mechanism in place to do precisely what he wants done.

4 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Any significant crime committed in DC is a 'federal crime'.

And I can't see in any way how warning Duncan not to testify, along with the 'If you come after me, I'm coming for YOU' post wouldn't be considered witness tampering.

Of course, because he's rich & white, he'll get a pass, just like every other time.

Also, has Truth Social removed the posts doxxing the Georgia Grand Jurors, and the following posts threatening them with extreme violence? So he didn’t say it himself, but he let people shout it through his megaphone…

Trump has just proposed that his federal election tampering trial be held in  . . . 2026.  That way he has time to tamper with the 2024 election without interference, and can then pardon himself for the current trial.  Then when his 2024 tampering trial gets going, he can push it off to 2060 or so.