5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

So republicans are falling all over themselves trying to claim that Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony is 1) irrelevant, 2) all lies, and 3) part of a left wing plot to harass Trump.

Interestingly it looks like there was a lot of threatening done before her testimony to make sure she wouldn't say anything truthful about Trump.  The Guardian recently retrieved the full text of a text someone sent to her before her testimony:

"Meadows let me know you have your deposition tomorrow. He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition."

That was just one of the messages.  Another was from a supposed "team player" that read:

"What they said to me is as long as I continue to be a team player, they know I’m on the right team. I’m doing the right thing. I’m protecting who I need to protect, you know, I’ll continue to stay in good graces in Trump World. And they have reminded me a couple of times that Trump does read transcripts."

Looks like they knew her testimony would be damning, and tried to cover it up.  Good for her for not falling for their intimidation tactics.

(edited)
16 hours ago, billvon said:

The Guardian recently retrieved the full text of a text someone sent to her before her testimony:

"Meadows let me know you have your deposition tomorrow. He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition."

Best read in the voice of Paulie Walnuts.

spacer.png

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert.

I absolutely knew he was going to do that.

Not one ounce of decency.

Jerry Baumchen

18 hours ago, ryoder said:

Gotta love how the people actually running the government don't appear to have actually read the Constitution.

Congress-creatures have immunity from arrest under certain circumstances.

Not  prosecution.

Quick search found this:
https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/verify/no-members-congress-arent-immune-getting-arrested/275-eb867380-1350-4af6-b694-19de7d750ce6

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

How sweet it is:  Jury convicts Bannon of contempt of Congress | The Hill

Who's up next?

Jerry Baumchen

Checked FOX News just for fun.  Not the top story.  Not in the top five stories.  You can't even find it when the page first loads.  You have to scroll down towards the bottom, in a list of news stories that include:

Fauci's pension will pay him more than Biden's annual salary
'JAILS ARE UNNECESSARY': Biden judicial nominee on board of prison 'abolitionist' group
Dem-run city hit by criminal justice 'earthquake' under new DA, activist says
Chris Christie hammers liberal bail reform in NY, says attack could 'catapult' Zeldin to victory
BLANK 'FACE': 'Jeopardy!' fans erupt after contestants miss Taylor Swift clue

And people wonder why FOX News viewers are consistently the least-informed viewers out there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Trump legal team getting ready to shift blame to "fall guys."  

Whazzup, Giuliani?  Meadows?  Eastman? Clark?

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/01/lawyers-planning-criminal-defense-that-shifts-to-fall-guys-that-worked-for-him-report/

That's impossible. He hired "all the best people". He told us.

(edited)
11 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Trump legal team getting ready to shift blame to "fall guys."  

Whazzup, Giuliani?  Meadows?  Eastman? Clark?

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/01/lawyers-planning-criminal-defense-that-shifts-to-fall-guys-that-worked-for-him-report/

Jay Kuo had an interesting analysis of those legal defenses.

https://statuskuo.substack.com/p/trumps-legal-team-is-reportedly-lining

Edited by okalb

(edited)

Oh, this is beautiful. From today in court, a lawyer confronts Jones with proof that in depostions, he lied about having text messages, and lied about using email. And apparently Jones is incapable of answering "Yes" or "No" to a simple, direct question.

Update: The Jan 6 Committee is interested in that data revealed by the plaintiff attorney:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/alex-jones-cell-phone-jan6-committee-subpoeana-1392270/

Edited by ryoder

13 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Oh, this is beautiful. From today in court, a lawyer confronts Jones with proof that in depostions, he lied about having sent text messages, and lied using email. And apparently Jones is incapable of answering "Yes" or "No" to a simple, direct question.

Hi Robert,

The definition of a Trapped Rat.

He is truly one of the most vile people in the history of this country.

Jerry Baumchen