5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, Trump thinks Putin is a 'genius' for his moves.

More evidence that Trump is simply Putin's bitch.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/22/1082478790/trump-praises-putin-as-savvy-amid-new-escalations-on-russia-ukraine-border

Agreed in part. My own politics may lean to the right, and I'm not even a US citizen, but Trump's statement on this is disgraceful. A bipartisan position is needed against foreign power aggression, it's no time to criticise your own. I do not however believe there was a 'Russian collusion' (that's been a post thread on it's own) , I'm more likely to believe that Trump would have ordered US military action in Ukraine against Russia, which would have been an equally unwise action.

10 hours ago, metalslug said:

Agreed in part. My own politics may lean to the right, and I'm not even a US citizen, but Trump's statement on this is disgraceful. A bipartisan position is needed against foreign power aggression, it's no time to criticise your own. I do not however believe there was a 'Russian collusion' (that's been a post thread on it's own) , I'm more likely to believe that Trump would have ordered US military action in Ukraine against Russia, which would have been an equally unwise action.

I disagree. I think Trump is thinking about "Trump Kyiv" and it will be the nicest and tallest building in Kyiv. It will include the golf course for the new Saudi backed golf tour.

January 6th committee has claimed that Trump was part of a criminal conspiracy and the GOP is entirely silent. I remember a time where everything Clinton did needed multiple investigations. Now, nothing.

Keep that in mind when somebody claims both sides are just the same....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

January 6th committee has claimed that Trump was part of a criminal conspiracy and the GOP is entirely silent. I remember a time where everything Clinton did needed multiple investigations. Now, nothing.

Keep that in mind when somebody claims both sides are just the same....

Hi Sky,

PRICELESS!!!!!

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

January 6th committee has claimed that Trump was part of a criminal conspiracy and the GOP is entirely silent.

It should be mentioned that that was a bipartisan commission; this is not a democratic 'witch hunt' as I am sure Trump will soon claim.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

It should be mentioned that that was a bipartisan commission; this is not a democratic 'witch hunt' as I am sure Trump will soon claim.

D's and a couple Rinos who have been censured and will shortly be primaryed out of office.

Evidently one of the January 6th trump insurrection "suspects" has returned to his homeland. I wonder how long it will take for some of the others to follow? Perhaps Donald will build a hotel there to accommodate them and make a buck.

Jan. 6 suspect who fled U.S. granted refugee status by Belarus

'The man, Evan Neumann, faces several charges, including that he assaulted police officers when he participated in the riot."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Evidently one of the January 6th trump insurrection "suspects" has returned to his homeland. I wonder how long it will take for some of the others to follow? Perhaps Donald will build a hotel there to accommodate them and make a buck.

Jan. 6 suspect who fled U.S. granted refugee status by Belarus

'The man, Evan Neumann, faces several charges, including that he assaulted police officers when he participated in the riot."

Hi Phil,

Re:  An American man who fled the U.S. after being charged with assaulting police officers during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was granted refugee status in Belarus

Good riddance.  Since a great number of the Jan 6 folks got off with rather light sentences, one has to wonder which is the greater punishment; 6-8 weeks in the slammer vs living in Belarus.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Re:  An American man who fled the U.S. after being charged with assaulting police officers during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was granted refugee status in Belarus

Good riddance.  Since a great number of the Jan 6 folks got off with rather light sentences, one has to wonder which is the greater punishment; 6-8 weeks in the slammer vs living in Belarus.

Jerry Baumchen

Thats what I was thinking. He will be just like Edward Snowden. Who has expressed a willingness to return to the US.

"Edward serves as the president of the Freedom of the Press Foundation

Edward Snowden’s Twitter page states that he used to work for the government but is now a public servant. 

Snowden joined the board of the Freedom of the Press Foundation in 2014 and became its president in 2016. The Foundation aims to ‘protect, defend, and empower’ public-interest journalism in the 21st century. "

President of a group thats essentially castrated in Russia. Yup a future there.

27 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Jerry Baumchen

Perhaps he will be drafted into the Belarus military:

Belarusian military could 'soon' join war in Ukraine, US and NATO officials say

9 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

While one can only hope, I doubt that this will come to fruition:  The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did,

Former NY prosecutor: Trump ‘guilty of numerous felony violations’ - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

Trump must have dirt on Bragg. Why doesn't he let a jury decide the merits of the case?

Not sure whether to laugh or cry about this one:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/24/politics/trump-sues-hillary-clinton/index.html

Former President Donald Trump filed a sprawling federal lawsuit on Thursday against Hillary Clinton, the Democratic National Committee and 26 other people and entities that he claims conspired to undermine his 2016 campaign by falsely tying him to Russia.

The lawsuit names a wide cast of characters that Trump has accused for years of orchestrating a “deep state” conspiracy against him – including former FBI Director James Comey and other FBI officials, the retired British spy Christopher Steele and his associates, and a handful of Clinton campaign advisers.

16 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did,

Perhaps I'm a little naïve but I'd still like to believe that the US justice system still works on the presumption of innocence and that courts of law can prevail over courts of public opinion.

How many cases have we already seen, against defendants on the left and right, in which the prosecutors had stated that they had 'overwhelming evidence' only to be undone by insufficient evidence or a failure to properly understand the actual law. For this reason I'll take any politically tainted claims of 'overwhelming evidence' with a pinch of salt. 

Therefore, in these future cases too, vs Trump and now vs Hillary, I'd be keen to see how both would fare. Bragg wont have his position forever and unless there's a statute of limitations on the charges then there will surely be opportunities later for it ?

3 hours ago, kallend said:

Not sure whether to laugh or cry about this one:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/24/politics/trump-sues-hillary-clinton/index.html

Former President Donald Trump filed a sprawling federal lawsuit on Thursday against Hillary Clinton, the Democratic National Committee and 26 other people and entities that he claims conspired to undermine his 2016 campaign by falsely tying him to Russia.

The lawsuit names a wide cast of characters that Trump has accused for years of orchestrating a “deep state” conspiracy against him – including former FBI Director James Comey and other FBI officials, the retired British spy Christopher Steele and his associates, and a handful of Clinton campaign advisers.

He doesn't seem to have got the message yet that discovery can show up all sorts of interesting information on both sides of the fence.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

He doesn't seem to have got the message yet that discovery can show up all sorts of interesting information on both sides of the fence.

In last night's letter from Heather Cox Richardson:

It is a mess, full of debunked claims, misspellings, and outright lies; Aaron Blake of the Washington Post called it a press release. It is impossible to imagine Trump intends to continue the case until it gets to discovery, when the defendants’ lawyers could request his testimony under oath. The complaint asks for a trial, and it appears to be designed to rile up his base with familiar stories—possibly for 2024, as Blake suggests, but, if history is any guide, primarily to encourage donations.

7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

In last night's letter from Heather Cox Richardson:

It is a mess, full of debunked claims, misspellings, and outright lies; Aaron Blake of the Washington Post called it a press release. It is impossible to imagine Trump intends to continue the case until it gets to discovery, when the defendants’ lawyers could request his testimony under oath. The complaint asks for a trial, and it appears to be designed to rile up his base with familiar stories—possibly for 2024, as Blake suggests, but, if history is any guide, primarily to encourage donations.

Bingo.

Con men gonna con.

(was going to post this, but you beat me to it)