8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Just what policies did Trump enact to abide by the Paris Agreement?

Why are you shifting the goalposts?  Literally what you posted was incorrect.  We did not leave the Paris Climate Accord until the day after Trump lost the election.  I pointed out that you were incorrect.  Can't you admit that you just plain had that wrong?

8 hours ago, yobnoc said:

....  Can't you admit that you just plain had that wrong?

8 hours ago, billvon said:

I see you don't know Brent very well . . . 

Its too bad for Brent that he didn't have a great arm and a knack for football. He would throw 10 pick sixes in a row, shrug it off and joke with his teammates as if nothing happened. Instead he came to SC to display GOP tribalism.

In October while campaigning Joe said that Exec Orders were a sign of dictatorship. In his first three days he has signed 19. The prior four Presidents Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton signed 1, 5, 0 and 1, respectively.

Interesting. My opinion, no doubt many are good but there are some bad ones. Good or bad is not the point. The integrity of what one says is the issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, billeisele said:

In October while campaigning Joe said that Exec Orders were a sign of dictatorship. In his first three days he has signed 19. The prior four Presidents Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton signed 1, 5, 0 and 1, respectively.

Interesting. My opinion, no doubt many are good but there are some bad ones. Good or bad is not the point. The integrity of what one says is the issue.

He’s said there are things you can’t do by executive order that should run through the legislature. That doesn’t mean you can’t use executive orders to do things you can do by executive order.

How many EOs had he signed that simply undo Trump’s EOs, for example? No one with any integrity would argue that a person who disagrees with overuse of EOs should not also be able to do that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Except when his name is Donald J. Trump. You guy's are hilarious.

3 hours ago, billeisele said:

Trump signed 220 during his presidency - and he did not inherit a crippling pandemic.

Executive orders are tools used when immediate action is needed by the president.  Biden came into office and inherited the pandemic with zero pre-existing plans.  Those EO's are a result of that.  He would be as derelict as Trump was if he came into office and did nothing.

18 hours ago, yobnoc said:

Why are you shifting the goalposts?  Literally what you posted was incorrect.  We did not leave the Paris Climate Accord until the day after Trump lost the election.  I pointed out that you were incorrect.  Can't you admit that you just plain had that wrong?

You are right, I concede the point.  I conflated ignoring the Paris Climate Accord with not being in it.

8 hours ago, jakee said:

How many EOs had he signed that simply undo Trump’s EOs, for example? No one with any integrity would argue that a person who disagrees with overuse of EOs should not also be able to do that.

How many of Trump’s executive orders simply undid Obama’s?

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You are right, I concede the point.  I conflated ignoring the Paris Climate Accord with not being in it.

Happens to the best of us. To make it right for the next week you need to start every sentence with: "I don't know but I heard somewhere that...."

1 hour ago, kallend said:

It's just "people are saying..."  He never admits to not knowing.

What part of “you are right, I concede the point” is beyond your comprehension?  
Why don’t you ever engage?  It seems that all you contribute is cut-and-paste and snark?  “Meanwhile in the Arctic,” and  “Comprehension problems?” is all you do. Of course if that is all you have, then, that is all you have.  As Dirty Harry said, “A man has got to know his limitations,” and clearly you are aware of yours.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It seems that all you contribute is cut-and-paste and snark?  

Speaking of cut and paste, I really would like to know why you're basing your opposition to lockdowns on a paper published in April by a guy whose interpretation of the data was that covid was about to fade away on its own in a matter of weeks.

Hi folks,

To me, this is what a real President does:  Biden visits wounded soldiers at Walter Reed

IMO, a real President does not use the military to push the citizenry out of the way for a show-and-tell of him holding a bible in front of a church.

Biden visits wounded soldiers at Walter Reed, where son died (apnews.com)

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

To me, this is what a real President does:  Biden visits wounded soldiers at Walter Reed

IMO, a real President does not use the military to push the citizenry out of the way for a show-and-tell of him holding a bible in front of a church.

Biden visits wounded soldiers at Walter Reed, where son died (apnews.com)

Jerry Baumchen

How quickly we forget!

"The Trump administration’s credibility crisis continues as the president is mocked for apparently signing a blank piece of paper with a marker in photos taken at Walter Reed military hospital, in a vain attempt to show him working while fighting coronavirus.

On Saturday night, the White House released photos of Donald Trump appearing hard at work while in hospital, where he remained for a second night after a “very concerning” period.

His daughter, Ivanka Trump, shared one of the photos on her Twitter, with the caption: “Nothing can stop him from working for the American people. RELENTLESS!”

Later of course he endangered his Secret Service detail and others in his infamous staged photo-op staged motorcade to show his "health and Vigor".

There is NO record of him visiting Walter Reed to visit with wounded service personnel.

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

How quickly we forget!

"The Trump administration’s credibility crisis continues as the president is mocked for apparently signing a blank piece of paper with a marker in photos taken at Walter Reed military hospital, in a vain attempt to show him working while fighting coronavirus.

On Saturday night, the White House released photos of Donald Trump appearing hard at work while in hospital, where he remained for a second night after a “very concerning” period.

His daughter, Ivanka Trump, shared one of the photos on her Twitter, with the caption: “Nothing can stop him from working for the American people. RELENTLESS!”

Later of course he endangered his Secret Service detail and others in his infamous staged photo-op staged motorcade to show his "health and Vigor".

There is NO record of him visiting Walter Reed to visit with wounded service personnel.

Why would he? They're all losers, right? jaybird, Ron, airdvr, that's what you wanted in a President, right? I mean, twice you voted for him, did you not? Your choice for President was a guy who wouldn't visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France where our dead from the battle of Belleau Wood are buried so as not to get his hair mussed. Do you believe his excuse that Marine One couldn't fly in rainy weather? And you really consider yourselves patriots?

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Jerry Baumchen

Upside down, he was holding it upside down.  No doubt bookmarked at two Corinthians.

Before:

“Terry O’Sullivan, General President of LIUNA on November 7, 2020: "When Joe Biden and Kamala Harris take office next January, we will have two of our own in the highest offices in the land. Joe and Kamala truly understand the trials and tribulations of working men and women; they never forget where they came from; and they value hard work and the people who do it.”

After:

“Terry O’Sullivan, General President of LIUNA – the Laborers’ International Union of North America: "The Biden Administration’s decision to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline permit on day one of his presidency is both insulting and disappointing to the thousands of hard-working LIUNA members who will lose good-paying, middle class family-supporting jobs. By blocking this 100 percent union project, and pandering to environmental extremists, a thousand union jobs will immediately vanish and 10,000 additional jobs will be foregone.”

I don’t know what O’Sullivan is complaining about.  He frets over loosing a few thousand real jobs when, according to John Kerry, there are literally MILLIONS of better paying imaginary green jobs to be had.

22 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

By blocking this 100 percent union project, and pandering to environmental extremists, a thousand union jobs will immediately vanish and 10,000 additional jobs will be foregone.”

I don’t know what O’Sullivan is complaining about.  He frets over loosing a few thousand real jobs when, according to John Kerry, there are literally MILLIONS of better paying imaginary green jobs to be had.

Sort of. Mostly it seems that if it was a 100% non-union project he'd be thrilled to the same degree he doesn't seem to care greatly about the "10,000 additional" non-union jobs. This should simply be filed under predictable, dishonest horse shit and not used as a lame excuse to slam John Kerry. 

While there's debate to be had about the loss/impact of the thousand-odd actual current jobs, isn't the 10,000 additional job number a figure that's quite literally entirely hypothetical? Like, a figure that assumes X number of strippers (for example) will migrate to the area to take advantage of the extra workforce in the area?

Projections are one thing but the last time I saw figures for KXL the assumptions were just not reality based. Worry about the real jobs.