3 3
brenthutch

Lefties and lockdowns

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Why do people engage with someone who uses terms like "chin diaper" and "twisted panties"?

The first time I heard the term "chin diaper" was in an episode of South Park, and it did not mean just a mask, but a mask improperly worn down around the chin, instead of across the nose and mouth.

• Like 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

to be sure, you are most definitely a racist, and that is your right.  most republicans are also racist, 

get your head out of your fourth point of contact

You are obviously very emotional about this but it is my guess you never heard about systemic racism until last summer.  We sure never heard it during eight years of Obama.  But don’t worry, tough guy it will all be better in a few hours.

Edited by brenthutch

32 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

A troll is what they call someone when they loose the argument. 

Excatly. You are loosing (sic) the argument because you are just a troll.

I really must have hit a nerve, six pages of posts attacking my OP in three days 

That's just the nature of a discussion forum. When you post something that is so manifestly wrong in such a large number of ways, you get a large number of replies because everyone who wants to can point out a unique way in which you've fucked up.

But hell, even if we accepted your logic don't you have a larger number of posts in this thread than any other individual? Surely, since you have posted so much in opposition to the other people commenting, it must mean that they've really hit your nerves, yes?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You are obviously very emotional about this but it is my guess you never heard about systemic racism until last summer.  We sure never heard it during eight years of Obama.  But don’t worry, tough guy it will all be better in a few hours.

last summer was when i got tired of seeing friends getting treated differently than me, but then i hung out in mostly minority places.  the vietnamese were the most fun to hang with, although i was around blacks more often than anyone.  what i am is not emotional, it is more done than anything.  i am done with people like you playing word games.  i am done with the racism.  i am done with traitors.  i am not going to stop now until folks like you are back under the rocks where you belong.  if you're not a racist, then it doesn't apply.  i've been wrong before, and will be again. 

this whole insurrection was led by these oath breakers, the so-called militias which are mostly a thinly veiled cover for white supremacy.  i've been around some of those types also, heard some of their rhetoric, but that was another me, long gone.  i know nothing about this new trump type, other than some of the same people are doing the same things. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

last summer was when i got tired of seeing friends getting treated differently than me, but then i hung out in mostly minority places.  the vietnamese were the most fun to hang with, although i was around blacks more often than anyone.  what i am is not emotional, it is more done than anything.  i am done with people like you playing word games.  i am done with the racism.  i am done with traitors.  i am not going to stop now until folks like you are back under the rocks where you belong.  if you're not a racist, then it doesn't apply.  i've been wrong before, and will be again. 

this whole insurrection was led by these oath breakers, the so-called militias which are mostly a thinly veiled cover for white supremacy.  i've been around some of those types also, heard some of their rhetoric, but that was another me, long gone.  i know nothing about this new trump type, other than some of the same people are doing the same things. 

That's what I'm talking about.

(edited)
1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

Maybe our world views have been shaped by our different life experiences.  My best friend in fifth grade was black (we both loved model rocketry). My DI in basic training was black, the most impressive Black Hat (instructor) in Airborne school was black, my platoon sergeant in my Airborne Battalion was black and a Ranger who influenced me to follow in his footsteps.  Same experiences in College, same experience in the corporate world.  In the Montessori school my kids attended they were a minority and that just seemed normal.  I just haven’t had the same experiences as you so I have trouble looking through your eyes as you, obviously, have trouble looking through mine.

Edited by brenthutch

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If my “funny bone” is a nerve then yes

I see, so you're saying there are in fact other reasons to create lots of posts than nerves being hit. Congratulations on thoroughly refuting your own claim.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Maybe our world views have been shaped by our different life experiences.  My best friend in fifth grade was black (we both loved model rocketry). My DI in basic training was black, the most impressive Black Hat (instructor) in Airborne school was black, my platoon sergeant in my Airborne Battalion was black and a Ranger who influenced me to follow in his footsteps.  Same experiences in College, same experience in the corporate world.  In the Montessori school my kids attended they were a minority and that just seemed normal.  I just haven’t had the same experiences as you so I have trouble looking through your eyes as you, obviously, have trouble looking through mine.

You've based your assessment of whether systemic racism exists on the life experiences of you, a white guy? Figures.

Even so, did you never stop to think that it was odd that seemingly every black guy you met in a position of authority in the military, college and business was exceptionally good? Did you never wonder if it meant that to reach those positions as a black guy they more often needed to be exceptionally good, while all the other white guys around them could have made it by just being good enough?

4 hours ago, jakee said:

You've based your assessment of whether systemic racism exists on the life experiences of you, a white guy? Figures.

Even so, did you never stop to think that it was odd that seemingly every black guy you met in a position of authority in the military, college and business was exceptionally good? Did you never wonder if it meant that to reach those positions as a black guy they more often needed to be exceptionally good, while all the other white guys around them could have made it by just being good enough?

My reply was in response to the charge that I was a racist.  It had nothing to do with “systemic” racism.  
If there is such a thing, I’m sure Biden, with a Democrat controlled House and Senate, will address it in his first hundred days.  They might not to be able to fix it entirely, but surely they will take the first few steps.

10 hours ago, brenthutch said:

your views are racist, so there is no way in hell i want to even attempt to look at them in that light.  that whole statement is textbook racist speak.  "i have black friends, coworkers, etc, so i can't be racist."  i don't much care, except you keep saying you're not.  so while being a racist is bad enough and carries it's own issues, not facing it honestly is worse.  if you've paid any attention to what i have been saying, you'd know that i used to be racist also, and i too had black di's, black friends, black lovers even.  hell, my fondest memory of basic training was passing a bottle of nyquil under a bathroom stall at 0200 with stevens, a black guy from tn.  we weren't "battle buddies" (stupidest term i have ever used), we just clicked and liked one another, so we started hanging out. 

no, you're one of the worst kind, like i used to be, worse than the kkk even since we think we're doing alright.  well, i am hear to tell you that you are not.  you need to listen when folks tell you they are experiencing things and help them fix it.  at this stage, all you have to do is look deep inside, be honest with yourself, and try to do better.  you don't have to give up your white name, pay reparations, or adopt poor black children, you just have to stand up for your fellow americans, lock arms with them, look them in the eyes and tell them that you know the problem is systemic and that you want to help.  the only thing you have to do to help is call out what you are doing when you see it in others. 

if i can change, anyone can.  but not until you're honest with yourself first.  or don't, it's not my business what you do.  but if you continue to deny it here, you can piss right the fuck off and expect me to be here calling you out every single time.  have a great day, i am off work today to watch and see what happens.  probably nothing, bunch of traitors anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

My reply was in response to the charge that I was a racist.  It had nothing to do with “systemic” racism.  
If there is such a thing, I’m sure Biden, with a Democrat controlled House and Senate, will address it in his first hundred days.  They might not to be able to fix it entirely, but surely they will take the first few steps.

Did you not notice he called you a racist because you were denying systemic racism? (Which you absolutely are, even though your entire life experience anecdote confirms it.)

Even the last sentence of that post shows the same thing. To suggest that anyone could fix systemic racism in 100 days? How naive are you? How insulting to the lived experience of millions of your countrymen are you? 

• Like 1

(edited)
16 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

My reply was in response to the charge that I was a racist. 

Also, as Zombie just pointed out, the ‘my best friend was black’ thing genuinely does not mean a person isn’t racist. It’s not even a suggestion that you’re lying about it, it’s that the two things can equally exist in the same person.

The excellent documentarian Louis Theroux once went to spend time with the most prominent modern day leader of the pro-apartheid Boer nationalist movement in SA, and this guy’s best friend in the world was the black butler who had worked for him for 30 years. And that fully coexisted in his mind alongside his outspoken belief that black people were inferior to whites to the extent that desegregating the population was the worst mistake SA ever made. So even overt racists can fully justify in their minds that the individual people they know are exceptions to the class of people to which they belong.

Edited by jakee

7 hours ago, jakee said:

What part of ‘that wasn’t your entire sentence’ eludes you?

Now that Harris and Biden are in office with the Ds in charge of both houses, I would expect to see legislation addressing systemic racism on the Resolute Desk in the first hundred days.