3 3
brenthutch

Lefties and lockdowns

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

That's a misconception. Ron may never be mean to an individual but he is intensely mean spirited and insulting towards wider groups to which many here belong.

Like raccoons? Yes, I agree. He tends to very politely spew what are often hateful views. But he is far less irritating to me than the more obvious trolls are. YMMV

18 minutes ago, jakee said:

Then why are you still talking? Seriously, why? 

If you're unable to defend it and lack the moral fibre to even commit to saying whether you even agree with it then what is the point of this thread? What is the point of your further posts?  What is the point of your participation in any part of this forum except to troll?

I see no reason to defend anything in the article as I find his points to be self evident.  The ball is in your court, what SPECIFICALLY do you feel needs defending.  Again I find it funny just how many lefties got their panties bunched by a simple post of one of our democratically elected Representatives.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:58 PM, brenthutch said:

I just went back and re-read the Crenshaw article and could find nothing about it that said conservatives were better than liberals.  Just different.  Sure it was presented from his point of view, but the same set of observations could have just as easily been spun by the left.  It was an attempt at explaining our differences.  Much better than the typical “the Right are idiots and the Left are Pu**ys” paradigm I thought.

Who do you think you're fooling? The article describes liberals as fearful, irrational, childish, obsessive, incapable of understanding science and much more. Find me one description of conservatives with negative connotations in there.

This ploy you have of posting something intentionally outrageous and then immediately backing away to a much more modest position which you can look reasonable defending against the angry mob is beyond transparent. It's straight out of the 'radical right wing trolling for dummies' playbook.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I see no reason to defend anything in the article as I find his points to be self evident.  The ball is in your court, what SPECIFICALLY do you feel needs defending.  

The idea that the response to the covid pandemic can be used to draw a single conclusion he draws. He doesn't see people wearing masks on their own in Texas because people don't wear masks anywhere in Texas, because the brainwashed republican voting collective is anti-science, anti-medical establishment and anti-anything not said by Trump. He sees people wearing masks on their own in New York because it's the middle of winter and if they're actually pretty good at keeping your face warm. Liberals who follow scientific advice and have one with them anyway might as well keep using them.

So I can't remember seeing you ever put forward an independent thought on this forum I'm not surprised you unquestioningly accepted Craven's theory like a good little republican lapdog.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I wasn’t trolling, but it does look as if I hooked a bunch of dummies.:rofl:

If they're dummies but you still can't defend against anything they say... see if you can complete that thought.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Explain this then

Explain what? What's wrong with it? 

If they're not hurting anyone by doing that you can take your PC bullshit and shove it. I don;t think anyone here or there cares about conforming to what you deem to be socially acceptable behaviour. 

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Then why are you still talking? Seriously, why? 

If you're unable to defend it and lack the moral fibre to even commit to saying whether you even agree with it then what is the point of this thread? What is the point of your further posts?  What is the point of your participation in any part of this forum except to troll?

wew jakee is back. Just in time too. Dealing with repetitive trolling is a thankless task. Sometimes chastisement  ad nauseam is just required. See below.

22 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I for one don’t give much credence to Trump’s claims.  Trump also said he won the election in a landslide.

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

Explain what? What's wrong with it? 

If they're not hurting anyone by doing that you can take your PC bullshit and shove it. I don;t think anyone here or there cares about conforming to what you deem to be socially acceptable behaviour. 

That comment belies your leftie world view.  You assume because I disagree with the rationality of solo mask wearing that I want them to conform to my way of thinking.  I don’t wish to impose my will.   That is what lefties do.  Against guns?  The Right says you don’t have to buy one, the Left say you can’t have one.  

26 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That comment belies your leftie world view.  You assume because I disagree with the rationality of solo mask wearing that I want them to conform to my way of thinking.  

And yet this thread only exists because you posted an entire screed judging them and finding their entire political philosophy to be deficient simply because they are wearing masks in that park.

I don’t wish to impose my will.   That is what lefties do. 

Trump, the biggest PC cancel culture leader out there, has just spent 4 years proving it's what righties do.

17 minutes ago, kallend said:

Who is smarter - the person who wears a mask when not strictly necessary, or the person who refuses to wear a mask and as a result gets sick and dies?

The person who assesses their situation and makes rational choices to protect themselves and those around them.  I have two cousins in the medical field who both contracted COVID, both had N95s, face shields, smocks and gloves.  Yes a chin diaper may offer a small measure of protection, but it is far from the impenetrable shield of virtue many think it is.

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The person who assesses their situation and makes rational choices to protect themselves and those around them.  I have two cousins in the medical field who both contracted COVID, both had N95s, face shields, smocks and gloves.  Yes a chin diaper may offer a small measure of protection, but it is far from the impenetrable shield of virtue many think it is.

So you agree the person who wears a mask all the time is making a more rational choice than the person who doesn't wear one at all.

You'd better send a letter to Mr Crenshaw telling him to stop being a dick.

Looks like the lockdown in CA is  . . . working.  We had a peak of 61K new infections on Dec 16th and since then it's been trending down.  The 7 day average has been bumping around 44K and 36K - but it's not climbing like a rocket any more, and it's been trending slowly down.  If it's going to level out around that number then vaccinations will start (within a month or so) bringing it down.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

So you agree the person who wears a mask all the time is making a more rational choice than the person who doesn't wear one at all.

You'd better send a letter to Mr Crenshaw telling him to stop being a dick.

Where I say that?  I think they are both idiots.  But I feel sorry for the 24/7 mask wearers.  I took the kids out for a winter hike the other day up Shingletown Gap, clear skies and just above freezing.  About an hour into our hike we came across a young couple, wearing masks.  Upon seeing us maskless rogues, they recoiled in horror and couldn’t get off of the trail fast enough.  That is just sad.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I’m sorry about your cousins. They made a serious sacrifice to do their jobs. I hope they are recovering.

To your point about chin diaper effectiveness, I thought the purpose was to protect others more than to protect the wearer. In case you are unknowingly infected but not yet symptomatic. 

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Like raccoons? Yes, I agree. He tends to very politely spew what are often hateful views. But he is far less irritating to me than the more obvious trolls are. YMMV

jakee is right. What irritates you is not relevant to his point.