0
riggerrob

Washington Red Skins' new name?

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, riggerrob said:

The Washington Red Skins recently announced that are re-naming the team to a more politically-correct term.

... can't call themselves "Senators" because Ottawa already has a team with that name.

How about Washington "Congresscritters?"

What about "The Participators"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Could call them the Redshirts...

"You're not going to die on the planet."
"Then what's my last name?"
"It's . . . uh . . . I don't know."
"Nobody knows!  Do you know why?  Because my character's not important enough to have a last name!  Because I'm gonna die five minutes in."
"Guy, you have a last name."
"DO I?   DO I?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 10:39 AM, billvon said:

"You're not going to die on the planet."
"Then what's my last name?"
"It's . . . uh . . . I don't know."
"Nobody knows!  Do you know why?  Because my character's not important enough to have a last name!  Because I'm gonna die five minutes in."
"Guy, you have a last name."
"DO I?   DO I?"

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a Social Justice Warrior!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Redskins" doesn't really sound racist to me, but calling native people "reds" does sound racist to me.  Like, "those reds own all the damn casinos."

On the other hand, calling black people "blacks" doesn't  really sound racist to me, but calling them blackskins does sound racist to me.  Like, "The Detroit Blackskins."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
21 hours ago, Coreece said:

"The Redskins" doesn't really sound racist to me, but calling native people "reds" does sound racist to me.  Like, "those reds own all the damn casinos."

On the other hand, calling black people "blacks" doesn't  really sound racist to me, but calling them blackskins does sound racist to me.  Like, "The Detroit Blackskins."

 

Cincinnati has some changing to do then. 

I saw a video short that brought up that the cancel culture has had an affect that was probably not desired.

By cancelling things like Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, and such they have actually made the logos for the consumer to see the most single Colored/Race than ever.

I can search for the clip if you are interested. 

Edited by turtlespeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
22 hours ago, Coreece said:

"The Redskins" doesn't really sound racist to me, but calling native people "reds" does sound racist to me.  Like, "those reds own all the damn casinos."

On the other hand, calling black people "blacks" doesn't  really sound racist to me, but calling them blackskins does sound racist to me.  Like, "The Detroit Blackskins."

 

Cincinnati has some changing to do then. 

Well their team wasn't named after natives.  And just to add, the only reason redskins doesn't sound racist to me is probably because it's such a familiar term. 

 

25 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

By cancelling things like Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, and such

It's ridiculous.  I even heard it said that these products invite white people to indulge in the fantasy of enslaved black people. 

Never once do I remember even thinking about race when using these products.  I don't even remember recognizing that they were even black.

Personally, I think by canceling these products, we miss an opportunity to educate people about the history, if indeed it was racist.

And another thing.  If these pretentious virtue signaling white liberals actually spent any decent amount of time living and working in black communities as their equals, they'd see that they're actually more offended than the blacks are.  Most blacks don't even care about this crap, and I'm laughing right along with them at these woke-ass partisan hacks that won't give a shit about black people and the inner city after the election for another 50 years, or until they need to pull that race card from their sleeve again in another desperate attempt to garner votes and win an election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Coreece said:

Well their team wasn't named after natives.  And just to add, the only reason redskins doesn't sound racist to me is probably because it's such a familiar term. 

 

It's ridiculous.  I even heard it said that these products invite white people to indulge in the fantasy of enslaved black people. 

Never once do I remember even thinking about race when using these products.  I don't even remember recognizing that they were even black.

Personally, I think by canceling these products, we miss an opportunity to educate people about the history, if indeed it was racist.

And another thing.  If these pretentious virtue signaling white liberals actually spent any decent amount of time living and working in black communities as their equals, they'd see that they're actually more offended than the blacks are.  Most blacks don't even care about this crap, and I'm laughing right along with them at these woke-ass partisan hacks that won't give a shit about black people and the inner city after the election for another 50 years, or until they need to pull that race card from their sleeve again in another desperate attempt to garner votes and win an election.

That last part is exaggerated, but there is some truth to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Coreece said:

the only reason redskins doesn't sound racist to me is probably because it's such a familiar term. 

Trivia Question: Who was the first black redskin?

Your points are well received. Funny thing is - most people don't even know the history, tribute or feeling of respect by native Americans when Chief Two Guns White Calf's likeness was used. You know, the guy who was the profile on the Buffalo Nickel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
41 minutes ago, BIGUN said:
12 hours ago, Coreece said:

the only reason redskins doesn't sound racist to me is probably because it's such a familiar term. 

Trivia Question: Who was the first black redskin?

Your points are well received. Funny thing is - most people don't even know the history, tribute or feeling of respect by native Americans when Chief Two Guns White Calf's likeness was used. You know, the guy who was the profile on the Buffalo Nickel. 

Meh, they're just a bunch of uncle Squantos.

Doesn't matter anyway, the liberal whiteskins say be offended - be very offended, or else! 

Edited by Coreece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Of course these companies have all decided to make these changes. There has not been legislation. Are you suggesting that companies should not act in a way they think best serves their shareholders?

They aren't, though.  They are bending to the whims of cancel culture.

If they were thinking of their share holders, they should stand up and say they are not changing.  Let the cancel culturists raise a hissy fit, then cash in on the resulting windfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

They aren't, though.  They are bending to the whims of cancel culture.

Would you shop at a place with a big sign in the window that says "STAND AGAINST POLICE - we support pig killers" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, billvon said:

Would you shop at a place with a big sign in the window that says "STAND AGAINST POLICE - we support pig killers" ?

Why not?

Pigs are a staple of the worlds food supply.

I think the killing should be done as painless as possible within reason.

As far as the police - I stand against the police in a lot of circumstances.  I stand with them in a general way.  For the most part, I believe that the people that make up the police departments are mostly good people trying to do an impossible job.They have a hard job, and more than not, a thankless one, where they put themselves in harms way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

0