stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

theonlyski

******Spring 2014 have the front range freefall festival hosted at mile hi and use only beech 18's with short stacks, DC-3's and if at all possible a C-boo, it's tail gate and really LOUD.

I'm stumped, what's a C-boo? I already have hearing loss associated with the first two and I'm going for the trifecta! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_DHC-4_Caribou ;)

You can’t carry on a conversation with the jumper next to in Caribou. The inside is a hydraulic nightmare and it ends up all over your rig.

Of course you could always get the C-123 that Jim Blumenthal has at Kingman AZ. It even has the jet engines installed.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Testing/00000037-1.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Testing/00000027.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hello All,
Their is a war being fought in Boulder County. A group named "Citizens for Quiet Skies" is out to close all of our local drop zones due to the noise the skydive planes make. So far the group has managed to temporarily shut down the drop zone Independent Skydive in Boulder, CO, and in the process of suing Mile-Hi Skydiving in Longmont, CO. These drop zones are 10 miles apart. We ask that you join our group to show your support for our skydiving community. Those involved in aviation know that we are a family. Please help support us.
Thanks, we are:
Citizens Against Citizens for Quiet Skies

Well, realize that there are a few points here:
First, it is unlikely that "noise damage", "Fuel dumping", jet fuel smell, etc could ever be adequately proved in a court of law. However, it requires the expense of the DZ to acquire experts on behalf of them, which can be pricey (If I can help as an ER doc, let me know, but they may suspect bias with an interest in diving and aviation).
Second, this is not about as much as winning a legal case as it is causing the DZ to be unable to afford legal costs. I doubt this would ever arrive in court and if it did proving the damages would be difficult. Smells could be from autos spilling gas, smog, atmospheric problems, non-skydive aviation. BUt like I said, its NOT about winning the case, its about the financial onslaught of the DZ.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

pablo418

Hello All,
Their is a war being fought in Boulder County. A group named "Citizens for Quiet Skies" is out to close all of our local drop zones due to the noise the skydive planes make. So far the group has managed to temporarily shut down the drop zone Independent Skydive in Boulder, CO, and in the process of suing Mile-Hi Skydiving in Longmont, CO. These drop zones are 10 miles apart. We ask that you join our group to show your support for our skydiving community. Those involved in aviation know that we are a family. Please help support us.
Thanks, we are:
Citizens Against Citizens for Quiet Skies

Whoa, this is news to me.

In anticipation of countering their inevitable next move against you, I am forming Citizens Against Citizens Against Citizens Against Citizens for Quiet Skies.

Please be patient, as I'm still drafting the Bylaws.

1001001sos

***Lets just start a fund to buy her some Prozac.

Thorazine would probably work better.

Thorazone, olanzapine, haloperidol, lithium... I have a whole list of meds that would be helpful for her.

DrDom

******Lets just start a fund to buy her some Prozac.

Thorazone, olanzapine, haloperidol, lithium... I have a whole list of meds that would be helpful for her.

Hell, she is in CO.
In 5 weeks, she can legally get what she needs to chill out.B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

*********Lets just start a fund to buy her some Prozac.

Hell, she is in CO.
In 5 weeks, she can legally get what she needs to chill out.B|

Or it will make her paranoid, psychotic, and fat. A bad mix. Maybe when pot gets legalized we can open a shop next door to her. At the least it will distract her from airplane noise since she'll have to open a "citizens for pot-free streets" or something..

Iago

On a side note, it's going to be interesting how employers handle that issue. Particularly the ones that drug test employees.

Not really, employers will still be free to drug test their employees if they want. There's no law saying you can't fire someone for pissing hot. Much like jobs that do alcohol tests despite it being perfect legal to drink.
http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

skyjumpenfool

***Just saying.... :P

I see what you're saying..... Hmmmmm? ;)

Thanks for doing what I lacked the ability to at work. :DB|

Maybe tint her face green? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

from an outsiders POV you all look a bit like a bunch of school yard bullies:S

You seem to revel in entertaining yourselves by mocking and belittling others.

Your mommas would be proud.:|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?