stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Hey! Seriously, the Noise Nazzi's from Longmount read this thread.

Yea and it took the stupid crew two yrs to find it too. So you know all this has been fun & games talking shit about a handful of twits and front (de)ranged morons. But the issue is not going away. In fact Ms. Gibbs and her little band of marry twits have decide to ramp up operations of slinging shit around on everyone who operates a skydiving center in the Boulder area.

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_24558826/boulder-county-planning-panel-review-skydiving-application

Independent Skydive owner Jeremy Divan said in a Tuesday interview that those objections have been stirred up by anti-skydiving activists opposed to any skydiving in the area. He said opposition has been led by "the same lady who pressed charges against Mile-Hi (Skydiving in Longmont)," referring to Kimberly Gibbs, founder of Citizens for Quiet Skies.

Last month, Citizens for Quiet Skies filed a lawsuit against Mile-Hi, accusing it of endangering health and safety with airplane noise and asking for financial damages, tighter business hours and a new flight pattern.

Independent Skydive Company has been using the North 79th Street property as a landing site since September 2011. Boulder County got a zoning complaint about that use earlier this year. Gibbs said Tuesday she made the complaint.

So there you have it people, the assault is on. It would be a good idea for the industry to fully support both of these DZ's in anyway possible, in fact it sure would good if one of those skydiving lawyers would step up and do some ass kicking on behalf of all skydivers. (not holding my breath there)

Is there a legal fund we can donate to? No not the AAD fund, I mean a real legal fund that helps skydivers, besides this is not an airport access issue, it's a vocal windbag issue.

Oh and by the way the "hit list squadron" is now recruiting additional pilots and aircraft for the ramping up of addtional over flights of the Gun barrel CO area... you will be required to fly with limited "hush kits" and no mufflers installed, also you have to use our special black paint & we turn off the transponders so we can get right down on the treetops for maximum sound effect.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Just for some added humor.... look how totally nuts this shit is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LukvyGa2vmQ&fe...

Big bad 240..... LOL

And look we found video proof on facebook Skyjumpenfool is the mastermind behind all the flyovers.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201084793578315 :P

http://www.timescall.com/news_region-news/ci_24565869/denial-independent-skydive-company-landing-zone-near-boulder

This sets a bad standing should this stand as rule of law. This even thought on the county level, should make a number of DZO sit up and take notice, if you don't get concerned with this issue, then STFU when they come to shut your dz down!

I believe it would be a good idea to write the county commissioners and voice concerns in a polite way.

stratostar

http://www.timescall.com/news_region-news/ci_24565869/denial-independent-skydive-company-landing-zone-near-boulder

This sets a bad standing should this stand as rule of law. This even thought on the county level, should make a number of DZO sit up and take notice, if you don't get concerned with this issue, then STFU when they come to shut your dz down!

I believe it would be a good idea to write the county commissioners and voice concerns in a polite way.

Like you/we have been doing in this thread? :S[:/]

stratostar

Hell with that. I'm going to put an adult diaper on outside my pants, go down there, and do a sexy pelvic thrusting dance on their table to the tune of Frank Zappa's "Tengo Namencia Tanta"!

:P
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

stratostar

In the thread, we are talking to skydivers and not addressing the county commission, big difference.

This thread is publicly accessible to the world. Whilst you are not addressing them directly, I wouldn't be surprised if some people have their attention drawn to discussions like this by others as an example of our attitudes and conduct. Act accordingly.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

cpoxon

***In the thread, we are talking to skydivers and not addressing the county commission, big difference.

This thread is publicly accessible to the world. Whilst you are not addressing them directly, I wouldn't be surprised if some people have their attention drawn to discussions like this by others as an example of our attitudes and conduct. Act accordingly.

Maybe you could give them honorary memberships so no one can talk about them anymore.

CSpenceFLY

******In the thread, we are talking to skydivers and not addressing the county commission, big difference.

Maybe you could give them honorary memberships so no one can talk about them anymore.

This forum has been and still is a forum for SKYDIVERS to talk about issues. Woofos are welcome to read and join in on the discussions. But, skydivers (like most) can resort to sarcasm, jokes, and at times even good old fashion common sense.

The bottom line here is that these people are not capable of responding to any of this. They will take whatever we say and turn it upside down. I'm not sure candy coating things for Gibby and her merry band of nut jobs is a good idea. I believe in calling a spade a spade! If they want to sue me..... :P

Longmount Skydivers... I am serious about donating to your defense fund. Please contact me if you need to.

Gibby... Have a wonderful day! B|;)[/cool]
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

USPA has indicated that they have "alerted the FAA in the early stages and we remain committed to keeping the FAA directly involved." and they "will also continue to be a resource to both DZOs."

When asked what I can do as an individual, it was mentioned that both DZO's are incurring legal expenses and that I might consider donating money to them directly. So... I'm in the mood for a fundraiser. Any suggestions?

stratostar

Spring 2014 have the front range freefall festival hosted at mile hi and use only beech 18's with short stacks, DC-3's and if at all possible a C-boo, it's tail gate and really LOUD.

A boogie at mile hi? Yeah that's never going to happen :D
http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

JohnnyMarko

***bikini car wash??

I've got just the outfit :D

I just had a mental flash back to the Grown Ups 2 car wash scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm416l3cvN8
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

stratostar

Spring 2014 have the front range freefall festival hosted at mile hi and use only beech 18's with short stacks, DC-3's and if at all possible a C-boo, it's tail gate and really LOUD.

I'm stumped, what's a C-boo? I already have hearing loss associated with the first two and I'm going for the trifecta! :D
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

mattjw916

***Spring 2014 have the front range freefall festival hosted at mile hi and use only beech 18's with short stacks, DC-3's and if at all possible a C-boo, it's tail gate and really LOUD.

I'm stumped, what's a C-boo? I already have hearing loss associated with the first two and I'm going for the trifecta! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_DHC-4_Caribou ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Some of us are SOOO very lucky to live in communities where our fellow neighbors love us.
The worst interaction I've ever had from a local at any DZ was a ride back to the airport and usually offered a cold beer.

B|

Imagine that. Neighbors being friendly.
[:/]