stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

It seems that every airport in America has a group of citizens that want to close the airport because of noise and aircraft safety concerns. At my DZ we have two groups, Citizens for a Better Oceanside and the East End Neighborhood Association that are constantly calling the FAA, the mayor and city council.

Check out some of these...
http://www.closetheairport.com/

http://asapgillespiefield.com/

http://archives.californiaaviation.org/ganews/msg10503.html

http://www.casmat.org/

http://www.envirolink.org/resource.html?itemid=241&catid=5

http://airportnoiselaw.org/cases/burling1.html

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/protect-citizens-surrounding-palomar-airport/

BigMikeH77

After each jet fuel dump not only did we get sick, my Persian cat would lose her bowels and bladder all over the house.

Now GA is the scapegoat for poor housetraining according to the first link..:D:D:D

Persian cats are fucking ugly anyway.
cavete terrae.

grue

After each jet fuel dump not only did we get sick, my Persian cat would lose her bowels and bladder all over the house.

Now GA is the scapegoat for poor housetraining according to the first link..:D:D:D

Persian cats are fucking ugly anyway.

Persian cats are OK. Some of the owners... not so much. ;)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

billvon

As an amusing aside, the first link has a claim that jets have trouble taking off from the Sedona airport due to high density altitudes - so they dump fuel right _after_ takeoff.

But they have proof the a/c are dumping;
They can *smell* it!:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

As an amusing aside, the first link has a claim that jets have trouble taking off from the Sedona airport due to high density altitudes - so they dump fuel right _after_ takeoff.

OMFG!!!!

Don't they know how much that fuel costs?

That sir is a funny site... I had to mute the computer because there's no way that I saw to stop the stupid video.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

normiss

I am under the impression not that many aircraft flying these days actually have the ability to dump fuel.
I would expect even fewer piston aircraft using LL have that capability, but it's a guess at best.

None of the single pistons I've ever flown had the ability.
The the only a/c I flew that could dump was the Blanik L-13, (the water ballast tank).;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

All jet aircraft use Halon, a deadly, ozone-depleting chemical in their engines.

So do many datacenters... Its for putting out fires.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

normiss

Then why were always forced out during Halon dumps?
and why did we find dead rats under the raised decking afterwards????
>:(

It's quite obvious. The damn rats were chewing thru the fuel lines so they were using Halon to kill them.

Duh.

theonlyski

All jet aircraft use Halon, a deadly, ozone-depleting chemical in their engines.

So do many datacenters... Its for putting out fires.

All jets CARRY halon for fires. It is VERY seldom used and then only in an emergency.

There are NO jets of the class that can use Sedona that have fuel jettison systems.

The intentional attempt to inflame issues by misinformation makes their efforts even more distasteful to the knowledgeable but plays well with the wuffos. Assholes!

jon

normiss

I am under the impression not that many aircraft flying these days actually have the ability to dump fuel.
I would expect even fewer piston aircraft using LL have that capability, but it's a guess at best.

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the joke that no one jettisons fuel AFTER takeoff to deal with high density altitude, meaning these people are so clueless about basic physics.

Jan

normiss

I normally carry a water bottle of 100LL in my Citabria just so I can dump it and feel like a real pilot in case of an emergency.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron

***I am under the impression not that many aircraft flying these days actually have the ability to dump fuel.

I normally carry a water bottle of 100LL in my Citabria just so I can dump it and feel like a real pilot in case of an emergency.

THAT'S what those bottles are for??

I thought they were for the long cross countries... :$
Guess ya learn something new every day.

theonlyski

******I am under the impression not that many aircraft flying these days actually have the ability to dump fuel.

OK, I'll admit it, I've dumped pee out of a Citabria. :$
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

*********I am under the impression not that many aircraft flying these days actually have the ability to dump fuel.

OK, I'll admit it, I've dumped pee out of a Citabria. :$

I thought about peeing under canopy once during a cross country, but realised my airspeed would make it hit me. Phew.
cavete terrae.

ryoder

***As an amusing aside, the first link has a claim that jets have trouble taking off from the Sedona airport due to high density altitudes - so they dump fuel right _after_ takeoff.

But they have proof the a/c are dumping;
They can *smell* it!:S

I don't see how they can smell the jet fuel outside with all the cat crap and piss on their carpet.

I thought about peeing under canopy once during a cross country, but realised my airspeed would make it hit me. Phew.

That's why you have to spin around and face backwards first. So you use one hand to hold your risers to maintain a backwards-facing posture, then with the other hand you unzip and pull your underwear out of the way, and then with your third hand you pull it out and aim it. Don't forget to shake before tucking it back in.

Boogers

That's why you have to spin around and face backwards first. So you use one hand to hold your risers to maintain a backwards-facing posture, then with the other hand you unzip and pull your underwear out of the way, and then with your third hand you pull it out and aim it. Don't forget to shake before tucking it back in.

Hey! Seriously, the Noise Nazzi's from Longmount read this thread. What are they going to think of you and your potty mouth, disgusting thought process? :P Sorry you had to see this Gibby. :o
Oops... Gotta go, the beer light just came on. :D
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."