4 4
SkyDekker

The US is a Banana Republic

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

What difference, at this point, does it make?

The difference of finding out if you ever approach a discussion here with the intention of being honest, upfront and clear or if you're always trying to set up an angle.

By the way, did you figure out why Floyd's coffin made you so angry yet?

2 hours ago, jakee said:

The difference of finding out if you ever approach a discussion here with the intention of being honest, upfront and clear or if you're always trying to set up an angle.

By the way, did you figure out why Floyd's coffin made you so angry yet?

It didn't make me angry.

Have you figured out why you are so condescending all the time?

3 hours ago, jakee said:

Really? 

You're still trying to figure that out?

I thought you were smarter than that.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm incredulous, not angry.

Why are you incredulous about it (I already showed you it's neither unique nor even particularly unusual), and why does that private decision of his family reflect badly on the whole BLM movement?

Edited by jakee

(edited)
7 minutes ago, jakee said:

Why are you incredulous about it (I already showed you it's neither unique nor even particularly unusual), and why does that private decision of his family reflect badly on the whole BLM movement?

Social status of the deceased.

Was he a world leader?

What good did he do for society before his death?

Edited by turtlespeed

6 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Social status of the deceased.

Was he a world leader?

What does that matter? His family should have to choose a humble coffin to reflect his lowly life? They're not allowed to use a high status colour?

You know, while I'm sure he was used to being judged on colour while he was alive and even while he died, I bet he never thought he'd still be getting judged on colour when he was being buried.

• Like 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, jakee said:

What does that matter? His family should have to choose a humble coffin to reflect his lowly life? They're not allowed to use a high status colour?

You know, while I'm sure he was used to being judged on colour while he was alive and even while he died, I bet he never thought he'd still be getting judged on colour when he was being buried.

Color has nothing to do with it.

Well, at least not on my end.  Maybe it does on yours?

Edited by turtlespeed

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Change the gold post much?

I asked you what your problem is with Floyd's gold coffin. You said his social status. I'm now asking you why his social status should stop his family deciding to use a gold coffin. That is not a goal post change, that is a direct line on inquiry consistent from start to finish.

You asked why I'm condescending? It's because you say ridiculously stupid things like that and think that other people can't see through your bullshit. Why not stop the dishonesty and evasion and just engage in a real discussion with straight answers?

1 minute ago, jakee said:

I asked you what your problem is with Floyd's gold coffin. You said his social status. I'm now asking you why his social status should stop his family deciding to use a gold coffin. That is not a goal post change, that is a direct line on inquiry consistent from start to finish.

You asked why I'm condescending? It's because you say ridiculously stupid things like that and think that other people can't see through your bullshit. Why not stop the dishonesty and evasion and just engage in a real discussion with straight answers?

It was a pun for fuck sake - 

You are the only one in this conversation that is bringing up his color and being judged by it.

They YOU switched to "Gold is a color" 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It was a pun for fuck sake - 

In a post which also did not contain any other form of answer. Therefore it was also an evasion - and as I said a transparent and stupid one.

You are the only one in this conversation that is bringing up his color and being judged by it.

As an observation, in a post that also contained direct questioning about precicely the topic we were talking about. You dont think it's funny that you're judging the colour of the coffin of a man whose death sparked months of protests against people being judged on colour? I guess you believe you're the only person allowed to make puns.

They YOU switched to "Gold is a color" 

Explain how that is a switch? Gold is a colour, and your judgement of him because of the use of that colour on his cofin is exactly what I have been asking you about from the start.

So again, let's see if you can stop being dishonest and evasive and give a straight answer - why do you think Floyd's social status should have stopped his family from deciding to use gold on his coffin?

Edited by jakee

'American pride has continued its downward trajectory reaching the lowest point in the two decades of Gallup measurement. The new low comes at a time when the U.S. faces public health and economic crises brought on by the coronavirus pandemic and civil unrest following the death of George Floyd in police custody.

Although a majority of adults in the U.S. still say they are "extremely proud" (42%) or "very proud" (21%) to be American, both readings are the lowest they have been since Gallup's initial measurement in 2001."...

Although Republicans still report more acute pride than Democrats and independents, the latest poll finds a 9-percentage-point decrease in Republicans' national pride. This marks the largest year-over-year decline in the percentage of Republicans who say they are extremely proud."