4 4
SkyDekker

The US is a Banana Republic

22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So, I didn't feel like I needed to start another set of back and forth where I have to somehow prove myself again and again. Its almost as if no matter what I say - there are people out there that will try to disagree with me.  Even if it is arguing with themselves to be against me, and prove me wrong.

There is one consistent factor in all of those "back and forths" that you have all the time with several different posters - and it's not the different posters.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

. . . in response to othes complaining in the past about Trumps garish tastes.

I loathe Trumps outlandish, and over the top "royalty" wanna be look.

I think people should be consistent.

Ok, lets be consistent. Have I made fun of Trump's taste? Yes. Would I complain about the decor at his funeral? No. I'm not that much of a heartless wanker.

And what about the comparison of what they represent? Trump was chosen to be the leader of the country. Is the personality and taste of the person being actively chosen to lead important? Yes, it matters. Is the personality or taste of George Floyd important? No. He's dead, and his family are not BLM leaders and they have no role in setting the agenda of the protest movement that his death catalysed. Is his status as a representative of people unneccesarily killed by the police affected in any way by the decor chosen by his family at his funeral? No. Not at all.

In short, I think I'm being completely consistent.

But what about you? Did you complain about Trump's decor when it was a topic of conversation? Did you say that you thought it invalidated any part of his politics or his administration? Because if not, you are clearly being inconsistent.

44 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Its almost as if no matter what I say - there are people out there that will try to disagree with me.  Even if it is arguing with themselves to be against me, and prove me wrong.

Lol, put up or shut up. It is you that is on record claiming you defend Trump just because you see other people attacking him. In other words, arguing for the sake of arguing is your MO.

BUT . . . when Floyds coffin is in question - TRIGGER!!!! 

I was called out on that when I mentioned it.

Yes indeed. Not only is criticising the decor of a burial in far worse taste than criticising the style of a living room (not to mention describing the loss of a family member as 'winning the lottery), it is also completely irrelevant to the point you making at the time, which was explaining to Wendy why you argue against the BLM movement. What does the colour of Floyd's coffin have to do with the validity of the BLM movement?

1 minute ago, jakee said:

Ok, lets be consistent. Have I made fun of Trump's taste? Yes. Would I complain about the decor at his funeral? No. I'm not that much of a heartless wanker.

And what about the comparison of what they represent? Trump was chosen to be the leader of the country. Is the personality and taste of the person being actively chosen to lead important? Yes, it matters. Is the personality or taste of George Floyd important? No. He's dead, and his family are not BLM leaders and they have no role in setting the agenda of the protest movement that his death catalysed. Is his status as a representative of people unneccesarily killed by the police affected in any way by the decor chosen by his family at his funeral? No. Not at all.

In short, I think I'm being completely consistent.

But what about you? Did you complain about Trump's decor when it was a topic of conversation? Did you say that you thought it invalidated any part of his politics or his administration? Because if not, you are clearly being inconsistent.

So we agree that you have a double standard.  "Over the top" is only allowed by whomever you chose to be allowed.

If it was made to be a huge televised national event in his living room that he decorated specifically for that event, I would have absolutely have commented.  It doesn't invalidate his politics or his administration.  It is just another face palm moment.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

Lol, put up or shut up. It is you that is on record claiming you defend Trump just because you see other people attacking him. In other words, arguing for the sake of arguing is your MO.

Yes indeed. Not only is criticising the decor of a burial in far worse taste than criticising the style of a living room (not to mention describing the loss of a family member as 'winning the lottery), it is also completely irrelevant to the point you making at the time, which was explaining to Wendy why you argue against the BLM movement. What does the colour of Floyd's coffin have to do with the validity of the BLM movement?

already answered.

Just now, turtlespeed said:

So we agree that you have a double standard.  "Over the top" is only allowed by whomever you chose to be allowed.

You can't just put completely different words in my mouth and claim you've won. 

Maybe you could see if you're capable of engaging brain for once and responding to what I've actually said.

If it was made to be a huge televised national event in his living room that he decorated specifically for that event, I would have absolutely have commented. 

What if it was his funeral? Come on - be honest. Given that you claimed it was racist to make fun of his orange fake tan I can absolutely guarantee that if Trump died and the 'leftists' here criticised any choices his family made at his funeral for being too gaudy you would absolutely, positively lose your shit and be screaming at the top of your voice about all the biased hatred.

It doesn't invalidate his politics or his administration. 

So I don't really know what else to say except 'gotcha'. If Trump's living room doesn't invalidate his politics why did you bring up Floyd's coffin as a reason to criticise BLM?

5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

already answered.

Not answered. Not even close. If Trump's living room doesn't invalidate his politics - even though they are both driven by his own decisions - why does Floyd's coffin alow you to criticise the entire BLM movement even though his family are only involved in deciding one of those things?

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

You can't just put completely different words in my mouth and claim you've won. 

Maybe you could see if you're capable of engaging brain for once and responding to what I've actually said.

What if it was his funeral? Come on - be honest. Given that you claimed it was racist to make fun of his orange fake tan I can absolutely guarantee that if Trump died and the 'leftists' here criticised any choices his family made at his funeral for being too gaudy you would absolutely, positively lose your shit and be screaming at the top of your voice about all the biased hatred.

So I don't really know what else to say except 'gotcha'. If Trump's living room doesn't invalidate his politics why did you bring up Floyd's coffin as a reason to criticise BLM?

If trump is buried in a gold coffin, making that much of a spectacle of himself - I will have the same reaction.

53 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

If trump is buried in a gold coffin, making that much of a spectacle of himself - I will have the same reaction.

OK, so again let's just gloss over the blatant offensiveness at suggesting the dead person being buried is making a spectacle of themself if you don't know the arrangements were made at their direction.

If it would be just as bad for Trump to be buried in a gold coffin as Floyd, why did you claim that "social status" was the reason you had a problem with Floyd's coffin? Why did you specifically ask "was he a world leader?" (direct quote) when I asked you why it was a bad thing? Trump is from a silver spoon background and is president of the USA. If social status and political position have any impact on whether someone should be buried in a gold coffin, why would you have a problem if Trump did it? If they don't have any impact, why did you say they did? You're being a bit inconsistent, no?

Also, even if we are to believe that you would publically criticise Trump for his funeral choices (he will get a state funeral, by the way), would you then say it reflected badly on the entire conservative movement? Of course not. So you're still being inconsistent.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

So, I didn't feel like I needed to start another set of back and forth where I have to somehow prove myself again and again.

But you did, you started it. You dug yourself into this hole by criticising the coffin he was buried in, when people came to defend George Floyd and/or his family you suddenly came out with the double standard line.

Ironically using photos linked to a person you keep defending - so I pointed out that the one with the double standard is you.

Literally no one was criticising Trump's gold garishness in this thread until you brought it up.

President Trump says he may send "more federal law enforcement" to New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore, Oakland, and other cities to deal with unrest: "In Portland they’ve done a fantastic job."

This will get very ugly.

Trump is declaring war on America.

Here comes Ron's SHTF.

Time for the NRA gun nutters to stand up and defend themselves from the government?

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You mean you won't post anything about it, then later attack a democrat who is buried in a gold coffin?  While saying "I had the same reaction to Trump's coffin?"

• Like 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, normiss said:

President Trump says he may send "more federal law enforcement" to New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore, Oakland, and other cities to deal with unrest: "In Portland they’ve done a fantastic job."

This will get very ugly.

Trump is declaring war on America.

Here comes Ron's SHTF.

Time for the NRA gun nutters to stand up and defend themselves from the government?

How he announced it says volumes:

“We’re looking at Chicago, too. We’re looking at New York,” he said. “All run by very liberal Democrats. All run, really, by the radical left.”

Not "If agitators and anarchists are causing trouble, we'll send in support for the local authorities, regardless of where it is..." - he SPECIFICALLY mentions that he's doing it in areas run by his political enemies. This is batshit crazy time.

An people like Ron will support it despite it being unconstitutional because it's my team vs your team, regardless of what's actually being done.

This is the literal reason so many second amendment advocates on here have stated they own guns and don't want that right revoked, but where are those posters now? Why aren't they here talking about forming militias to defend against a tyrannical government? 

Oh, wait. Tyranny is fine as long as it's your guy doing it.

Edited by yoink

On 7/20/2020 at 1:43 PM, wmw999 said:

Rush never achieved Turtle's level of erudition. He generally didn't care enough about language or respect people enough to put forth intelligible arguments.

Wendy P.

Erudition...had to look that one up. :)

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

USPS let's 46 states know they aren't capable of delivering mail within election time frame. This truly is Banana Republic, shithole country level.....

Sorry, we aren't capable of running an effective mail delivery service.

Just trump fixing the election for evangelicals, racists and his other supporters. It will all be remedied after January 20, 2021. The Post Office Is Deactivating Mail Sorting Machines Ahead of the Election

New postmaster general invested in Postal Service competitors

President Donald Trump appointed a new postmaster general for the U.S. Postal Service in May, and this summer his pick has come under criticism on social media.

"New (Republican) businessman Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has $70m invested in companies that compete w/the Postal Service,"