4 4
SkyDekker

The US is a Banana Republic

6 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Really? Fed-Ex is going to door to door deliver to a rural postal walk in nowhere N.D.from Hawaii for 55 cents. UPS is going to deliver two ounces for 70 cents. To the same nowhere addresses.

UPS,FED-EX and the others are going to have service pickup and door delivery in hicktown Idaho to backwoods Alaska?

Illegal voters? Some Noncitizens Do Wind Up Registered To Vote, But Usually Not On Purpose

This has been studied to death by the GOP and others with no substantiation.

Trump’s Latest Voter Fraud Misinformation

Justice Department Finds 19 Illegal Voters; Right-Wing Peanut Gallery Cheers

One vote is too many eh?

The AP’s analysis indicates that Republicans won about 16 more U.S. House seats than would have been expected based on their average share of the vote in congressional districts across the country. In state House elections, Republicans’ structural advantage might have helped them hold on to as many as seven chambers that otherwise could have flipped to Democrats, according to the analysis.

So GOP gerrymandering won them three less House seats than the total number of illegal votes that the DOJ found.

You doubt the free markets could ever do that Job.

So the Justice Dept. found 19 thats interesting... guess you won't find something if you don't look.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-08-09/duplicate-voter-records-audit-california-motor-voter-system

That gerrymandering or redistricting as some would call it, happened right here. In Adam Schiff's district.

4 hours ago, billvon said:

Actually in California your driver's license can get you into a federal building and can be used to get on a plane.

The Constitution calls out its existence.  You'd have to amend that first.  Get started!  That takes a long time.

Give it six months; we may see a rapid recovery in America's competence, voting transparency and standing in the world.

Bill

The State of California Lost control of our ID / Driver Licensing years ago, and you know why.Let's not open that can of worms.Now I don't know if your playing on purpose. So FYI

The CA ID/Drivers Lic. isn't a real ID. You'll need two other forms of ID including your Birth certificate.Make an Appointment and pay them $80 for a "REAL ID", to enter a fed or a commercial plane.Only then can you apply for a Passport.

The CA ID I've had for 30 years isn't worth shit.

So I go to the local Walmart to buy a couple boxes of 9mm.Get to the counter and she asked for my ID I handed her my License, she looks up at me and says"I can't sell you this.Why I've been purchasing this here, for years now.I have a clean record, a safety certificate and the gun is registered? What's the problem?

Then the "Who's on First" routine ensued. 

She said, I need your real ID, while handing back my license.That is I said, falling aback.that is My Drivers License.She replies No, I need your  "REAL ID". This is a real ID miss. No sir, a "Real ID". This is the same CA ID i've had for thirty years,It's not a fake,I said louder.Sir I can't sell you this without a Real ID,It is my real ID.

"The Constitution calls out its existence.  You'd have to amend that first.  Get started!"  That takes a long time."         TOUCHE' SIR. you just  put a Smile on my face, nice,.thank you.

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Dude, you're like a wind up toy. Help yourself out and take a pass on the "fatties" for a month and do some outside study.

too bad.I thought you have a thing for Constitution Lawyers,I dream of that one day you'd relax and indulge yourself with a fattie. I'd love to be there, let me know when your in So Cal.we can make a thing out of it.

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

My point was clear on my pardon, and the 2nd. 

That sentence isn't even clear. Trump is a defender of the constitution because he pardoned you?

Yoo is quite clear, where by ignorance or by design,Trump is the Defender of Our Constitution.

That's the level of specificity you want to get into? Ok then, I will comment on the man points of the hour long video. He's wrong, just like when he said torture was legal.

Who is it that wants the expansion of the Supreme Court?

?? The constitution says nothing about the size of the Supreme Court.

7 hours ago, richravizza said:

You doubt the free markets could ever do that Job. Here is a list of national post offices in the world.

The siren call of "free markets" isn't the answer for everything.

So the Justice Dept. found 19 thats interesting... guess you won't find something if you don't look.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-08-09/duplicate-voter-records-audit-california-motor-voter-system

So a one year old voter registration system found no results of voter fraud. A report on the system suggested improvements that are being addressed. Good example.

That gerrymandering or redistricting as some would call it, happened right here. In Adam Schiff's district.

Undoing what the GOP invented will take some time.

5 hours ago, richravizza said:

Bill

The State of California Lost control of our ID / Driver Licensing years ago, and you know why.Let's not open that can of worms.Now I don't know if your playing on purpose. So FYI

The CA ID/Drivers Lic. isn't a real ID. You'll need two other forms of ID including your Birth certificate.Make an Appointment and pay them $80 for a "REAL ID", to enter a fed or a commercial plane.Only then can you apply for a Passport.

The CA ID I've had for 30 years isn't worth shit.

So I go to the local Walmart to buy a couple boxes of 9mm.Get to the counter and she asked for my ID I handed her my License, she looks up at me and says"I can't sell you this.Why I've been purchasing this here, for years now.I have a clean record, a safety certificate and the gun is registered? What's the problem?

Then the "Who's on First" routine ensued. 

She said, I need your real ID, while handing back my license.That is I said, falling aback.that is My Drivers License.She replies No, I need your  "REAL ID". This is a real ID miss. No sir, a "Real ID". This is the same CA ID i've had for thirty years,It's not a fake,I said louder.Sir I can't sell you this without a Real ID,It is my real ID.

"The Constitution calls out its existence.  You'd have to amend that first.  Get started!"  That takes a long time."         TOUCHE' SIR. you just  put a Smile on my face, nice,.thank you.

Real ID California drivers licenses have been talked about for years out here. There were even extensions granted to the deadline for their requirement. I got mine when renewing last year. I needed my old license, my passport and two pieces of mail with my address on them to get it. One of the pieces of mail I used was the very renewal notice the DMV sent me. It was a long wait but not a difficult process at all. The only rub is that you need to fill out some online forms on the DMV website first. With my new license, my passport and my passport card, I now have 3 forms of photo ID. It was well worth the trouble.

Of course, I'll admit it was probably easier when there was no pandemic.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, richravizza said:

Welcome to California ,where your drives license can't get you on a plane, in a federal building, and can't be used  as a "national" passport, but you are automatically registered to vote.With 15- 20 Million illegals in our nation,    ever wonder why most American and especially Californians are concerned.One illegal vote is too many,  specifically as it applies the minority, then, just call those concerns ,voter suppression.

I love how in the post before this you are complaining about liberals reacting to "red meat" for their "5 minutes of rage".

On 8/15/2020 at 11:07 PM, billvon said:

That would make sense, had not Trump stated that his objective was to defund the Post Office and prevent mail-in voting.

I saw a news article that said the post office would not be removing any further mail boxes until after the election.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/citing-customer-concerns-postal-service-halt-mailbox-removals/story?id=72407791

(edited)
22 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

When does that start?

When RBG kicks the bucket.

phil the State of Ca, made me into a criminal, for a little steel box by.A majority of State bureaucrats on this minority, me, the individual. No mention of a grandfather clause, no veteran wavers, no secondary checks.No if ands or buts.IT's illegal in your possession anywhere, even the fn  range.

Have you figuratively, be accused and convicted without a trial.?

Edited by richravizza
?

20 hours ago, richravizza said:

You can get on a commercial flight in California with just a driver's license.  Not sure why you are arguing about that.  The TSA agrees, California agrees, the airlines agree.

If you want to use one of those fast lanes (like Trusted Traveler or Clearpass) then you have to do more work, of course.  But all you need to get on an airplane is a driver's license.  This isn't really debatable.

On 8/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, JoeWeber said:

Dude, you're like a wind up toy. Help yourself out and take a pass on the "fatties" for a month and do some outside study.

Thanks Joe ,I thought about it. What is "winding me up like a toy"?

What draws me to these Hilarious threads, I think I'm figuring it out, the game we play and why. Do you remember my favorite "Orwell Quote"?

1 hour ago, billvon said:

You can get on a commercial flight in California with just a driver's license.  Not sure why you are arguing about that.  The TSA agrees, California agrees, the airlines agree.

That was scheduled to change in October.  I think that it has now been pushed out a year, October 2021, at which time you will require a "realID" to travel commercially in the US.   I was scheduled for an appointment to get mine, since my driver license was up for renewal, but then the shutdown started, so I just renewed my regular license by mail.   I have a passport, so no real need for the "realID," so I'll probably put it off for a few years.  The real ID requirement is a consequence of a 2005 act of Congress.

20 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Thanks Joe ,I thought about it. What is "winding me up like a toy"?

What draws me to these Hilarious threads, I think I'm figuring it out, the game we play and why. Do you remember my favorite "Orwell Quote"?

"Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them". But it may be that he made no such statement. It may be a paraphrase from his Notes on Nationalism. "One has to belong to the intelligentsia to believe things like that: no ordinary man could be such a fool." So it may be that his meaning was not the meaning you have taken.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

If you want to use one of those fast lanes (like Trusted Traveler or Clearpass) then you have to do more work, of course.  But all you need to get on an airplane is a driver's license.  This isn't really debatable.

Bill

I think ur missing my point. #1 I'm a man of little means and the shear audacity of these knuckle heads.They lose control, and for their incompetence, they get the pleasure of  charging me $80 bucks? I get pleasure the pleasure of the DMV.

Try and exercise your Second Amendment by buying a box of 9mm at your local Wally mart and come back to me.While ur on that mission think... if you had to do the same in order to  exercise Your Right to Vote.

10 hours ago, headoverheels said:

That was scheduled to change in October.  I think that it has now been pushed out a year, October 2021, at which time you will require a "realID" to travel commercially in the US.   I was scheduled for an appointment to get mine, since my driver license was up for renewal, but then the shutdown started, so I just renewed my regular license by mail.   I have a passport, so no real need for the "realID," so I'll probably put it off for a few years.  The real ID requirement is a consequence of a 2005 act of Congress.

When I got my passport I also got the passport card - it just sits in my wallet with my drivers license and can be used as a RealID.

I'm fine with having harder-to-fake IDs required for serious stuff like air travel and gun licensing. It blows my mind that Social Security numbers are used as a 'secure' form of ID in this country. 

13 hours ago, richravizza said:

Try and exercise your Second Amendment by buying a box of 9mm at your local Wally mart and come back to me.

?? Try walking into a NICU and exercising your First Amendment rights by yelling your opinion without wearing a mask and come back to me.

8 hours ago, yoink said:

When I got my passport I also got the passport card - it just sits in my wallet with my drivers license and can be used as a RealID.

I'm fine with having harder-to-fake IDs required for serious stuff like air travel and gun licensing. It blows my mind that Social Security numbers are used as a 'secure' form of ID in this country. 

Right, and especially since on (old, like mine) SS cards it stated very clearly that it was NOT to be used for ID purposes.

For reasons I don't understand, in order to get a "real" ID drivers license in Illinois you have to present a SS card or other govt. issued form that has your full SSN on it.  Not sure if this is a state or federal requirement.

12 hours ago, yoink said:

You can also use it to get in & out of Mexico without the need for your actual passport. Probably good for Canada as well, although I doubt they want any of us infected US citizens visiting these days.

(edited)
On 8/17/2020 at 1:10 PM, SkyDekker said:

I love how in the post before this you are complaining about liberals reacting to "red meat" for their "5 minutes of rage".

I made no mention of "liberals". I am one in the classical context on most issues, my concern is with the extreme left.  You know, the "useful idiots".

I said "people", as in individuals. You in particular. Next time, please, quote me, i'll  try and do the same.

At times,I find this type of trash a tragic comedy, considering the rigor that's normally applied here. Perhaps only those that have actually  sacrificed something, anything, for that Nation could understand.Mostly a hilarious toy. How many times you can be wrong in your perpetual outrage, hyperactive paranoid  rush to judge America.

Paraphrasing another Constitutional  Professor,I don't like outrage because it makes your life shorter and less happy.

Don't know if you realize , your salt in our wound doesn't help.Most yanks should be calling you out for "Monday morning quarterbacking". No sweat no blood no skin in the game,  but you'll tell us how we should have played  and won it, of course.

So, knowing  the Nation is divided and in crisis, What's your motivation?

I'm having difficulty quoting previous pages,

I'll be back.

Edited by wmw999
Remove personal attack

On 8/17/2020 at 9:36 PM, JoeWeber said:

"Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them". But it may be that he made no such statement. It may be a paraphrase from his Notes on Nationalism. "One has to belong to the intelligentsia to believe things like that: no ordinary man could be such a fool." So it may be that his meaning was not the meaning you have taken.

Thanks for the correction. I take Orwell at face value. Question those who believe they know best. Unsinkable ships to politics. I hope you agree, no matter how partisan we seem 80% of us are in the middle, the rest in each extreme. Unfortunately they get all the attention.The Spectrum seems huge for you from My Dads Democrats to Antifa. Where do you draw the line in todays left ? 

11 hours ago, richravizza said:

Don't know if you realize , your salt in our wound doesn't help.Most yanks should be calling you out for "Monday morning quarterbacking". No sweat no blood no skin in the game,  but you'll tell us how we should have played  and won it, of course.

Considering how closely Canada's performance is tied to the US' performance, I think I have plenty of skin in the game. 

The US has spent decades telling the world they are he best at everything and that they will be happy to use military might to "convince" those who disagree. Being told you are wrong is not "salt in our wound".

And, I am not outraged at all. I am stunned by the stupidity on display in the US and the general unwillingness to help the country. The invention of "deep state", "Q" and all the other insane conspiracy theories are enough evidence of that.

Am I the only one that sees the irony in the guy who came up with "build the wall" as a soundbite because the presidential candidate he worked for was too stupid to remember to talk about immigration, now is getting arrested for defrauding people who thought they were donating to build a wall?