4 4
SkyDekker

The US is a Banana Republic

2 hours ago, jakee said:

In a post which also did not contain any other form of answer. Therefore it was also an evasion - and as I said a transparent and stupid one.

As an observation, in a post that also contained direct questioning about precicely the topic we were talking about. You dont think it's funny that you're judging the colour of the coffin of a man whose death sparked months of protests against people being judged on colour? I guess you believe you're the only person allowed to make puns.

Explain how that is a switch? Gold is a colour, and your judgement of him because of the use of that colour on his cofin is exactly what I have been asking you about from the start.

So again, let's see if you can stop being dishonest and evasive and give a straight answer - why do you think Floyd's social status should have stopped his family from deciding to use gold on his coffin?

You first alleged that it was his skin color that was being judged, now you have it changed to the material (Gold) not the color of his coffin.  Gold is also a color, and in this case it is also an element that was used.

This time you are digging.  You are being dishonest, and you know it.

22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You first alleged that it was his skin color that was being judged, now you have it changed to the material (Gold) not the color of his coffin. 

I did both at the same time. He was judged on skin colour while he was alive, and you're judging him on coffin colour now that he's dead. Are you so obtuse you didn't get that, or are you simply being dishonestly evasive again?

Gold is also a color, and in this case it is also an element that was used.

And yet again the question, so what? Why should the social status of George Floyd mean his family don't get to use that if they want to? 

This time you are digging.  You are being dishonest, and you know it.

Mirror mirror on the wall...

1 minute ago, jakee said:

I did both at the same time. He was judged on skin colour while he was alive, and you're judging him on coffin colour now that he's dead. Are you so obtuse you didn't get that, or are you simply being dishonestly evasive again?

And yet again the question, so what? Why should the social status of George Floyd mean his family don't get to use that if they want to? 

Mirror mirror on the wall...

Evidently you are the only one here that subscribes to your logic in this.

You know damn well you were not referring to the color gold, until you had to backtrack.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

You know, while I'm sure he was used to being judged on colour while he was alive and even while he died, I bet he never thought he'd still be getting judged on colour when he was being buried.

That has everything to do with gold plating right?

26 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Evidently you are the only one here that subscribes to your logic in this.

Out of the two of us that is evident, yes. Beyond that what basis do you have to make the claim?

You know damn well you were not referring to the color gold, until you had to backtrack.

I know damn well I haven't backtracked. The only thing I've been asking you in this thread is why you have a problem with Floyd's coffin being gold.

So again, why do you think Floyd's social status means his family shouldn't be free to bury him in a gold coffin if they want to?

27 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That has everything to do with gold plating right?

Yes. If you also quote the first paragraph of that post it is quite clearly about the gold plating, as you well know. But hey, anything that allows you to evade a question, right?

"What does that matter? His family should have to choose a humble coffin to reflect his lowly life? They're not allowed to use a high status colour?"

13 minutes ago, jakee said:

Out of the two of us that is evident, yes. Beyond that what basis do you have to make the claim?

I know damn well I haven't backtracked. The only thing I've been asking you in this thread is why you have a problem with Floyd's coffin being gold.

So again, why do you think Floyd's social status means his family shouldn't be free to bury him in a gold coffin if they want to?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have that choice, but I think you know that and just want to argue.

I'm not one that is for limiting rights and choices.

13 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't have that choice, but I think you know that and just want to argue.

I don't know that, because you wont give any straight answers. You have a problem with George Floyd's gold coffin and you said it's because of their social status. If there's no problem with them choosing a gold coffin, what's the problem with the gold coffin?

22 minutes ago, jakee said:

I don't know that, because you wont give any straight answers. You have a problem with George Floyd's gold coffin and you said it's because of their social status. If there's no problem with them choosing a gold coffin, what's the problem with the gold coffin?

I guess I have an issue with people that win the lottery, of blowing it all right away.

Its not really the most logical thing to do.

58 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I guess I have an issue with people that win the lottery, of blowing it all right away.

Its not really the most logical thing to do.

Right. Well, let's gloss over the unbelievable offensiveness of comparing losing a family member with winning the lottery because I'm quite sure you'll just claim to be misunderstood.

If you're just worried about the Floyd family blowing all their money, why did you bring up their choice of coffin as an problem with the BLM movement in the first place? 

(edited)
7 hours ago, jakee said:

Right. Well, let's gloss over the unbelievable offensiveness of comparing losing a family member with winning the lottery because I'm quite sure you'll just claim to be misunderstood.

If you're just worried about the Floyd family blowing all their money, why did you bring up their choice of coffin as an problem with the BLM movement in the first place? 

The gold coffin was a gift. It has nothing to do with the family money.

Edited by normiss

On 7/18/2020 at 2:51 PM, jakee said:

Do you think this is garish and unnecessary?

Inside Donald and Melania Trump's Manhattan Apartment Mansion ...

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Do you think this is garish and unnecessary?

Sure. But if it turned out that one person associated with BLM lived there, why do you think it would discredit the entire BLM movement?

45 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Speak for yourself, you've never complained about Trump's garish gold elevators and toilets yet you complained about a coffin.

. . . in response to othes complaining in the past about Trumps garish tastes.

I loathe Trumps outlandish, and over the top "royalty" wanna be look.

I think people should be consistent.

19 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

. . . in response to othes complaining in the past about Trumps garish tastes.

I loathe Trumps outlandish, and over the top "royalty" wanna be look.

I think people should be consistent.

Should they be consistent in thought, or do deeds matter too? Because you'd only commented on the Floyd coffin, not on the Trump decor.

It's hard to know how even-handed you might be in your mind when you generally comment only in one direction.

Wendy P.

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

Should they be consistent in thought, or do deeds matter too? Because you'd only commented on the Floyd coffin, not on the Trump decor.

It's hard to know how even-handed you might be in your mind when you generally comment only in one direction.

Wendy P.

I commented when it came up -

I didn't disagree when the poster here berated Trumps "tastes" in over the top frivolity.

So, I didn't feel like I needed to start another set of back and forth where I have to somehow prove myself again and again. Its almost as if no matter what I say - there are people out there that will try to disagree with me.  Even if it is arguing with themselves to be against me, and prove me wrong.

BUT . . . when Floyds coffin is in question - TRIGGER!!!! 

I was called out on that when I mentioned it.