1 1
airdvr

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Just now, mistercwood said:

Dude. Just no. A 46 year old "joking" to a teenager about dating them when they'll still be a minor is fifty shades of wrong.

Last time I checked 10 +10 = twenty.  You guys kill me.  You find this disturbing?  I think it's totally out of context.  "nuff said.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

Last time I checked 10 +10 = twenty.  You guys kill me.  You find this disturbing?  I think it's totally out of context.  "nuff said.

"Trump is quoted as telling two 14-year-old girls at a holiday-singing gathering that “in a couple of years I’ll be dating you.”

My maths is fine. Also in the example you've chosen to highlight, he'd be 56 when dating the 20 year old.

1 hour ago, mistercwood said:

"Trump is quoted as telling two 14-year-old girls at a holiday-singing gathering that “in a couple of years I’ll be dating you.”

My maths is fine. Also in the example you've chosen to highlight, he'd be 56 when dating the 20 year old.

A couple is 2.

35 minutes ago, airdvr said:

So.  You don't think 20 year olds are interested in wealthy powerful 56 year olds?

That's gross too. I'm planning my 40th for later this year and (even if I were single) I would have no interest in dating a 20 year old - our wildly differing life experience just wouldn't make it viable.

On the plus side, at least you seem to be migrating from "it's just harmless fun" to recognising "sexualising literal children is creepy as fuck". Keep at it, you'll get there soon enough.

4 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Dude. Just no. A 46 year old "joking" to a teenager about dating them when they'll still be a minor is fifty shades of wrong.

I’m going to have a heartattack over this but for once I think people are wrongly accusing him of I’ll intent. Sure is it weird and abnormal to talk to a 10-14 year old like that. While literally a couple means two, many people use it to mean a handful/short time.

So his comments were definitely unsavoury and inexcusable.

But there are plenty of healthy relationships with large age gaps. Maybe I’m normalised to it, but there is 20+ age gap between my step sister and her husband, married happily for about 40 years. My sisters husband is 15 years older. My brother was 21 when he got married to a 43 year old woman, they were together till she died. 

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

So.  You don't think 20 year olds are interested in wealthy powerful 56 year olds?

X-Men star Patrick Stewart's latest gig? Selling T-shirts for his ...

How's that "+10" maths going for you again? Apparently she was 30 when they met so I don't see any suggestion he would have been grooming her when she was underage.

Plus obviously Stewart is a hilarious, charismatic, intelligent and accomplished person and Trump is a wealthy slug. 

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Plus obviously Stewart is a hilarious, charismatic, intelligent and accomplished person and Trump is a wealthy slug. 

There are people, male and female, young and old, who would willingly marry a wealthy slug for the money. 

But the comments about dating them in a few years are creepy; I pity the parent who heard that, and knew they had to choose between letting their daughters continue to participate or removing them, because the event had sold itself to the donors.

Wendy P.

4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

James Bond vs Biff Tannen

Trump would have been a teenager when the first Bond films were released. How much of a stretch is it to imagine him walking out of the theatre and deciding to model himself on Auric Goldfinger?

13 minutes ago, jakee said:
20 minutes ago, Coreece said:

James Bond vs Biff Tannen

Trump would have been a teenager when the first Bond films were released. How much of a stretch is it to imagine him walking out of the theatre and deciding to model himself on Auric Goldfinger?

Golf, tan, no taxes and pussy galore? 

Sorry, I don't see the resemblance.

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

Golf, tan, no taxes and pussy galore? 

Sorry, I don't see the resemblance.

Cheating at golf, even. And I guess painting an ex-girlfriend gold is kiiinda like a dodgy payoff, but I admit that's stretching a little.

8 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I wonder if anyone has ever said "a couple of days" and actually meant "A few" or - GASP - even 4.

Doesn't even matter. So you're looking at whether it would be ok if the comment was followed through, well it wouldn't. No matter what the age when dating happened.

If a middle age man met an underage girl, decided he's going to date her when she's old enough and then does - that's creepy as fuck and I know you know that. Further, if he'd had any contact with her in the intervening time it would be considered grooming. There is no scenario in which that would be thought of as normal and OK in our society. 

And before you spout off yes, I know there is no suggestion here that he did follow through with it, but you guys wanted to work the hypothetical details, and those are the details.

20 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

"More evidence of Donald Trump sexualizing young girls has surfaced, this time from the archives of the Chicago Tribune.

Reporter Seema Mehta of the L.A. Times wrote about the discovery on Friday morning. In a 1992 wire roundup of capsule notes called NEWSMAKERS, Trump is quoted as telling two 14-year-old girls at a holiday-singing gathering that “in a couple of years I’ll be dating you.”

The complete transcript reads:
'Donald Trump turned up Monday for a carol sing by a youth choir outside Manhattan Plaza Hotel. He asked two of the girls how old they were. After they replied they were 14, Trump said, “Wow! Just think—in a couple of years I’ll be dating you.”'

As Mehta notes, the report jibes with a recent video release that shows Trump making sexualizing cracks at a 10-year-old girl. In a holiday segment of “Entertainment Tonight” from December, 1992, Trump is heard asking a girl, “Are you going up the escalator?” When she replies “yes,” Trump says, “I’m going to be dating you in 10 years.”

Always amazing that pro-trump regulars feign such ignorance. Probably gaslighting. His supporters can't be that ____________!

Have you ever heard a 40 something skydiver make a remark regarding dating a teenager in a couple years, a few years, or ten years? I certainly have. NDB

(edited)
8 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Have you ever heard a 40 something skydiver make a remark regarding dating a teenager in a couple years, a few years, or ten years? I certainly have. NDB

Given the types of people you associate with, I'm not surprised.

Many christians are all about the 13 year olds becoming wives.

Yet another thing I'll never understand, nor do I want to.

Edited by normiss

1 minute ago, normiss said:

Given the types of people you associate with, I'm not surprised.

Many christians are all about the 13 year olds becoming wives.

Yet another thing I'll never understand, nor do I want to.

The subject was "skydivers."

7 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Hi Ron,

I made my first jump in 1964 & my last jump in 2003.  I have always said that less than 10% of the people i have jumped with/met on the dz, would I have over to my house for dinner.

As for presidents in my lifetime:

FDR - Absolutely

Truman - Oh, hell yes

Ike - Sure

JFK - Yes

LBJ - Never

Nixon - Yes, would make for some great discussions on global politics

Ford - Yes, a great guy

Carter - Oh, maybe

Reagan - I've always heard that he was a great person-to-person Pres, so yes

Bush 41 - Yes

Clinton - No

Bush - Absolutely; didn't like a lot about his decisions but a very nice guy

Obama - ABSOLUTELY

Trump - NEVER

Jerry Baumchen

20 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

When you were younger did you ever think you'd reach a point in your life where you would defend a pedophilic draft-dodging US president?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Yes. 

They were slimeballs too.

If any one came around with younger girls, the parents were warned not to let the kids get to close to 'that guy'.