5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)
8 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

He's an asshole with power and an agenda. That's close to evil, but may not actually make it there.

Wendy P.

We could debate on the meaning of "evil". And I am aware that no one is exclusively good or evil. But Miller has been demonstrated to be a white supremacist with all that entails. Which to me is more than merely an asshole. Hell, I am an asshole!

Edited by gowlerk

(edited)
2 hours ago, DJL said:

We always comment about how someone is acting like a Nazi or similar to a Nazi but I have no doubt, absolutely zero, that Miller would've risen quickly in the SS (had he not been Jewish).  It's amazing that this person is the product of a Jewish family who fled the anti-Jewish pogroms in Belarus.

His conduct and betrayal of Judaism is not unprecedented.

So are trump's anti-semitic dog whistling to his base.

"The Donald decided to carry forth into this debate? Dog whistling to his anti-Semitic fan base. He repeatedly and often completely tangentially mentioned noticeably Jewish-sounding names (Sidney Blumenthal, George Soros, Jonathan Gruber, and Debbie Wasserman-Shultz), all of whom he conjured up as corrupt holders of cabal-esque power who Clinton has in her pocket."

Edited by Phil1111

47 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

His conduct and betrayal of Judaism is not unprecedented.

So are trump's anti-semitic dog whistling to his base.

"The Donald decided to carry forth into this debate? Dog whistling to his anti-Semitic fan base. He repeatedly and often completely tangentially mentioned noticeably Jewish-sounding names (Sidney Blumenthal, George Soros, Jonathan Gruber, and Debbie Wasserman-Shultz), all of whom he conjured up as corrupt holders of cabal-esque power who Clinton has in her pocket."

Yeah, but he had a 'Jew Accountant'. 

So that made it all ok (we really need a sarcasm font).

5 hours ago, gowlerk said:

We could debate on the meaning of "evil". And I am aware that no one is exclusively good or evil. But Miller has been demonstrated to be a white supremacist with all that entails. Which to me is more than merely an asshole. Hell, I am an asshole!

Damn - I'm gone for a few days and one of the first things I do when I come back is agree with you!

Who'd have thunk it?

:handraised:

On 5/9/2020 at 7:56 AM, Coreece said:

My bad.  By the left I mean Phil.

. . .and normiss.

Maybe a few others. . .

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Careful - few ONLY means three here - so you only have a total of 5 to choose from now.

Who is this Normiss of which you speak. Is he the one they call the clairvoyant one?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Interesting statistics from New York.  Are they emulating China?

image.png.62bb32140ce3e143de503bfc2a17160a.png

I have no idea what those numbers are meant to represent.

Meanwhile, the White House knows what needs to be done for themselves — diagnostic testing, contact tracing and isolating — but Trump has dismally failed in his duty to provide it for the rest of us, whether by incompetence or malice.

(edited)

What is the graph trying to show? Where is it from? What are its sources?

Wendy P.

Edit to add: my bet is that it's from some source besides NY, but with their colors, and that it's showing what percentage of COVID deaths were confirmed by testing. Because one of the new big memes is "they're inflating the COVID death numbers." I really hope I'm wrong.

Wendy P.

Edited by wmw999

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

What is the graph trying to show? Where is it from? What are its sources?

Wendy P.

Looks like West Virginia is leading the US in total deaths, making up 81% of all deaths.  Out of . . . 665% of deaths?  And New York has . . . minimal problems with COVID?

Did this chart come from FOX News or something?

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

That was my first thought so I went to FOX but came up with nothing. I was going to ask about accompanying explanations about what that was supposed to suggest.

But in the end lost interest due to source.

49 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

That was my first thought so I went to FOX but came up with nothing. I was going to ask about accompanying explanations about what that was supposed to suggest.

But in the end lost interest due to source.

Ive been busy this morning - I'm looking into where I got it so the whole article can be referenced.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Looks like West Virginia is leading the US in total deaths, making up 81% of all deaths.  Out of . . . 665% of deaths?  And New York has . . . minimal problems with COVID?

Judging from the colouring and the wording at the bottom, this is a chart which would have been provided by Cuomo's administration. No idea what the numbers are supposed to represent though.

8 minutes ago, DJL said:

It's the same frame used in the State of New York presentations but that's all I could figure out.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/03/coronavirus-ny-data-cuomos-daily-briefing-slides-missing/5110630002/

So, it lacks an explanation, is out of context, and is essentially meaningless. I missed the post somehow, who's was it?

32 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Must be FOX and trumpspeak.

Just now, gowlerk said:

Dunno anyone like that at this time.

26 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Guess. 

Who do you think might do something like that?

Turtle was pointing out that it was some kind of meaningless garbage, don't think anyone was trying to use it to make a point.

Most White House officials will be asked to wear masks or face coverings in public spaces on W.H.  grounds, a move to prevent the virus from spreading further inside the  compound . The request does not apply to offices, however, and President Trump is still unlikely to wear a mask or face covering, aides say.

In other words: Trump gets protection from others but will not protect them in return for utterly selfish reasons. No single action better captures Trump’s narcissism.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kallend said:

Most White House officials will be tested daily but for the public only those with proven symptoms can be tested. Naturally trump lies about unlimited testing for all.

Trump gets protection from others but will not protect them in return for utterly selfish reasons. No single action better captures Trump’s narcissism.

FIFY

34 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump gets protection from others but will not protect them in return for utterly selfish reasons. No single action better captures Trump’s narcissism.

There is only one person who matters. All others are mere tools.

16 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

There is only one person who matters. All others are mere tools.

It's amazing that he's been professing this view that wearing a mask shows weakness while at the same time having the finest in testing and treatment at his fingertips.  It's Karma that his inner circle has gotten infected.

46 minutes ago, DJL said:

It's amazing that he's been professing this view that wearing a mask shows weakness while at the same time having the finest in testing and treatment at his fingertips.  It's Karma that his inner circle has gotten infected.

He gets daily testing. His immediate circle gets daily testing. Those around him who have tested positive are quarantined. it shows he knows exactly what to do to control the pandemic, he just doesn't give a shit about anybody else.

• Like 1