5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

32 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Lying, at least by omission.

How can you have a problem with lying? Trump has told over 10 000 documented lies and you still cut him slack!

I think it’s extremely hypocritical of you and shows just how right wing biased you are.

• Like 1

Só in other words NY state counts the deaths outside the nursing home as occurring wherever they occur (probably the hospital), and let us know that with a footnote. There are lots of notes about how the data is collected and how good it is. But they doubled NY’s numbers because they didn’t like them. 
It would be far more honest to let the data talk, and make it clear in the footnotes that NY isn’t playing by the same rules. As is, I believe, their right, as long as they’re counting them. 
Wendy P. 

20 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

How can you have a problem with lying? Trump has told over 10 000 documented lies and you still cut him slack!

I think it’s extremely hypocritical of you and shows just how right wing biased you are.

Only because there are already an overabundance that already call him out on it.

But those that call out Trump on his lies cannot STAND for any of "their own" to be called out and questioned.  Give me a break.

Biased.  Yes.  Tell me where I have claimed otherwise.  Show me where I say I am NOT biased. . . .  I'll wait.

I am more centrist than you, or any of the other frequent posters here.

I also posted a poll that shows just how correct I am in that assertion.

I - ME - Turtlespeed - ADMIT - my bias,  where you guys refuse to see your own, let alone have the capability to admit it, or own it.

11 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

But those that call out Trump on his lies cannot STAND for any of "their own" to be called out and questioned.

But there was no lie here. You, as usual, are just making shit up. Or, in the alternative, not understanding simple concepts.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Only because there are already an overabundance that already call him out on it.

But those that call out Trump on his lies cannot STAND for any of "their own" to be called out and questioned.  Give me a break.

Biased.  Yes.  Tell me where I have claimed otherwise.  Show me where I say I am NOT biased. . . .  I'll wait.

I - ME - Turtlespeed - ADMIT - my bias,  where you guys refuse to see your own, let alone have the capability to admit it, or own it.

That’s nonsense and you know it. You always claim that if the Dems put up a reasonable candidate you’d vote for them and then you scramble to justify all of Trumps actions and vilify his opponents. So by action you show extreme bias, but in words you say you’re open to a dem. 

It is refreshing to see that you are at last admitting you’re a Trump supporter and use your bias to support him. Jakee has been trying to get you to do that for months.

As to my bias, I think Trump is a despicable human and can’t imagine you could do worse. But as a non USA resident I simply don’t know much about Biden as there isn’t a huge amount of international news coverage of him at this point. From a world point of view, Obama made considerable progress in restoring respect for the USA after GWB. World wide I think Trump and Kim compete for biggest idiot. 

21 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

... World wide I think Trump and Kim compete for biggest idiot. 

How do you figure KJU as an idiot?

He's held control of the DPRK for several years. 

He assassinated his own brother in Malaysia. It was pretty clear who was behind it, yet he got away with it.

He got Trump to sit down one on one with him. He got a sitting US President to treat him as an equal.

He's a long way from stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

He assassinated his own brother in Malaysia. It was pretty clear who was behind it, yet he got away with it.

He got Trump to sit down one on one with him. He got a sitting US President to treat him as an equal.

He's given up nothing in return, trump has allowed C-19 to kill over 82,000 Americans and Kim has kept C-19 completely out of N. Korea.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Ok point taken. Remove Kim and leave Trump as the class clown

8 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You also refuse to see how your own bias changes your thinking. You claim to recognise that you have bias in general, but whenever you're challenged on the worst examples of how your bias affects the way you judge specific situations you ether refuse to admit it or refuse to reconsider your position. So yay for you saying you're biased in this post - but what's the point? 

You've even gone from claiming you're trying to work towards judging situations neutrally to telling Bill the other day that you're deliberately posting more right wing stuff to piss off the left.

(edited)
3 hours ago, jakee said:

You also refuse to see how your own bias changes your thinking.

Until you realize and admit the same - the rest of that post has no meaning.

I have admitted it - several times.

I'm willing to listen in order to possibly change my views.

I'm not stuck with a view that I'm always right.

Don't you wish you could say that truthfully?

Edited by turtlespeed

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I have admitted it - several times.

And when has that lead to you reconsidering a specific position that you had advanced on the basis of your bias? Even when you were absolutely convinced that Joe Biden must have done something corrupt in Ukraine that you had zero evidence of (behaviour you would have roasted anyone else for if the subject was a Republican), even when you admitted that you thought he was corrupt because of your bias, yuo still refused to retract or reconsider any part of your absolute judgement that he was involved in Ukrainian corruption. So what's the point?

It seems like you only fight your bias when it doesn;t matter anymore. I mean great, you seem to have re-evaluated your opinion of Obama... now that he's no longer in charge. You claim not to be a Trump supporter... but defend him against almost every specific criticism that is levelled at him. You claim to be trying to work towards the centre... but said to Bill you're purposefully posting more to the right just because of antagonism towards people you perceive as posting to the left.

So again, what does it matter to admit your bias when it doesn't change the arguments you post or the sides you take? It reminds me once years back when Ron was on his 'Obama dividing America' kick and I asked him for any example of any policies he thought Republicans in Congress should compromise on in the name of unity and he said 'Nothing'. Same situation, if he was pro unity only in as much as everyone had to unify around him, in what meaningful way was he really pro unity?

11 minutes ago, airdvr said:

This would be a pretty boring world if we didn't have bias.

That is such a narrow world view. There is plenty of room for debate and working towards the best solution with different viewpoints. That is not the same as bias.

Maybe that is the problem with America, it is black and white thinking. You’re as bad as each other, Republicans will stand by the most stupid viewpoint simply because it’s ‘their’ man and Democrats seem to be identical.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

And a blind acceptance of that bias shows an unwillingness to continue to learn from experience. 
Wendy P. 

Bias also steers your actions, expectations and behaviors in directions than can be counterproductive or even destructive.