1 1
wmw999

Diatribe

30 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Yet another "I'm not racist" racist:

Candidate: Michigan city should be as white ‘as possible’

https://www.apnews.com/ba35f94a280648dfb1cf7e7af9712689

Cramer made her comments about keep Marysville as white as possible Thursday after the moderator asked candidates if the city should do more to attract foreign-born residents.

“Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible,” she replied.

“White. Seriously. In other words, no foreign-born, no foreign people.”

*facepalm

Unbelievable racism aside, does she think that only Americans are white?

How the fuck have these people stealthed their way into office?

19 minutes ago, yoink said:

*facepalm

Unbelievable racism aside, does she think that only Americans are white?

How the fuck have these people stealthed their way into office?

She's not *in* office (yet).  Marysville is a pretty hickish town, however.  We'll see what happens.  #MAGA amirite?

20 hours ago, Skwrl said:

Or Matthew 25:31-46.   He's ignoring that one, too.  

Please explain.

Kallend throws out his trite and hackneyed insult with regularity. Since he is not a true believer it carries no weight and it is not applicable.

I don't understand what infraction you refer.

14 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Please explain.

Kallend throws out his trite and hackneyed insult with regularity. Since he is not a true believer it carries no weight and it is not applicable.

Ah, so the "holier than thou" card comes out.

9 hours ago, billvon said:

Ah, so the "holier than thou" card comes out.

The phrase has no meaning. It basically stems from the beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church where only the priest is authorized to interpret scripture. We are all sinners and therefore no one can be holier than another. Only Jesus Christ is holy. The Holy Spirit interprets the scripture to the reader.

13 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

We are all sinners and therefore no one can be holier than another. Only Jesus Christ is holy. The Holy Spirit interprets the scripture to the reader.

So what does it matter that he's not a true believer?

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

The phrase has no meaning. It basically stems from the beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church where only the priest is authorized to interpret scripture. We are all sinners and therefore no one can be holier than another. Only Jesus Christ is holy. The Holy Spirit interprets the scripture to the reader.

Shame the holy spook can't seem to interpret it the same to everyone, eh? 

"If you want to know what's wrong with Catholicism, or Protestantism, or Calvinism, Hypercalvinism, Neocalvinism, Southern Baptists, the Church of Christ, or the First Baptist Church of Memphis, you can go to the Second Baptist Church of Memphis or any other denomination." - Matt Dillahunty

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

We are all sinners and therefore no one can be holier than another.

And, therefore, all sins are equal individually and in quantity. Be your crime baking wedding cakes by the dozens for your LGBTQ brothers and sisters or tearing the do not remove tag off your pillow you are the same sinner in the eyes of the currently popular deity and by extension his chosen representative on Speakers Corner, Ron.

You are so cute with your therefore's and stuff. Tell the truth, your friends up in the hollow just bore you to tears, don't they?

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And, therefore, all sins are equal individually and in quantity. Be your crime baking wedding cakes by the dozens for your LGBTQ brothers and sisters or tearing the do not remove tag off your pillow you are the same sinner in the eyes of the currently popular deity and by extension his chosen representative on Speakers Corner, Ron.

You are so cute with your therefore's and stuff. Tell the truth, your friends up in the hollow just bore you to tears, don't they?

Savage

15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It's still funny to me how people STILL misunderstand those labels.

Just now, wolfriverjoe said:

The ones on the pillows & mattresses.

It's perfectly legal to tear them off if you are the purchaser.

The only 'legal requirement' is that they be attached when the product is sold new.

Ahhhh yes.  I see the point, however.  Murder is no different than coveting your neighbor's new 'vette, I think is the point. 

That guy in Colorado that killed his wife and two daughters a while back and pretended they were "missing," - he just found Jesus apparently.  I bet he'll be a good addition to heaven...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

The phrase has no meaning. 

It means you consider yourself holier than Kallend, and therefore can disregard what he says because he is not a "true believer."  It's a popular position among religious extremists, from the Crusaders to the Spanish Inquisition to Islamic terrorists.  You are in good company.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yobnoc said:

Ahhhh yes.  I see the point, however.  Murder is no different than coveting your neighbor's new 'vette, I think is the point. 

That guy in Colorado that killed his wife and two daughters a while back and pretended they were "missing," - he just found Jesus apparently.  I bet he'll be a good addition to heaven...

This is why I loathe religion. It’s the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

• Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, yoink said:

I'm beyond fatigued by the nonsense. Worse is the idea that it's all good and all points of view have value and yada, yada, yada. It's bullshit. Just like smoking, gay bashing, misogyny, racism and so on are indefensible bullshit positions so are the religion arguments. 

Edited by JoeWeber

16 hours ago, yoink said:

12 hours ago, gowlerk said:

But without religion there is no jail.

50 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

???

I do believe Yoink's point was that by 'finding Jesus', that one can be forgiven for any and all sins, even the heinous crime of killing one's own wife and two young daughters.
That would, in theory, allow one to avoid hell (jail). 

However, if one does not believe in God or religion or any of that, there is no hell. There is no afterlife at all. No punishment for one's transgressions. 
For instance, the religious types likely believe that Jeffery Epstein is 'burning in hell'. Those who don't believe in that feel that he escaped any real punishment, and died in prison, just like he would have eventually. Just sooner.

15 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I'm beyond fatigued by the nonsense. Worse is the idea that it's all good and all points of view have value and yada, yada, yada. It's bullshit. Just like smoking, gay bashing, misogyny, racism and so on are indefensible bullshit positions so are the religion arguments. 

Well, there are some religious arguments that are actually pretty noble. 

I know more than a couple of the 'Born Again' persuasion that I put in that category.

They firmly believe that Jesus was a real person, that the New Testament is accurate and correct.

They try to live their lives according to the teachings of Jesus. All the teachings, not just some of them. 
They know full well that they are going to fall short, but they keep trying. 
They don't pray for specific stuff (end war, end abortion, put a 'God Fearing' Christian in the White House, ect). 
They pray to understand what God's will for them is, the strength and courage to carry it out, and forgiveness for their sins. 

They are truly trying to live the life they think God & Jesus want them to (and it doesn't include hating Muslims, or Mexicans or Gays or any of that). 

While I don't believe the things that they do, I have a lot of respect for the lives they are trying to live. 

41 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I do believe Yoink's point was that by 'finding Jesus', that one can be forgiven for any and all sins, even the heinous crime of killing one's own wife and two young daughters.
That would, in theory, allow one to avoid hell (jail). 

However, if one does not believe in God or religion or any of that, there is no hell. There is no afterlife at all. No punishment for one's transgressions. 
For instance, the religious types likely believe that Jeffery Epstein is 'burning in hell'. Those who don't believe in that feel that he escaped any real punishment, and died in prison, just like he would have eventually. Just sooner.

Well, there are some religious arguments that are actually pretty noble. 

I know more than a couple of the 'Born Again' persuasion that I put in that category.

They firmly believe that Jesus was a real person, that the New Testament is accurate and correct.

They try to live their lives according to the teachings of Jesus. All the teachings, not just some of them. 
They know full well that they are going to fall short, but they keep trying. 
They don't pray for specific stuff (end war, end abortion, put a 'God Fearing' Christian in the White House, ect). 
They pray to understand what God's will for them is, the strength and courage to carry it out, and forgiveness for their sins. 

They are truly trying to live the life they think God & Jesus want them to (and it doesn't include hating Muslims, or Mexicans or Gays or any of that). 

While I don't believe the things that they do, I have a lot of respect for the lives they are trying to live. 

Sure. A lot of religious people do wonderful things for others and would never use their book to take a position of harm against certain groups. I have close, personal friends like that. They are awesome. The truth claim is a different story.