3 3
brenthutch

Green new deal equals magical thinking

On 11/26/2019 at 7:14 PM, billvon said:

hat's more the conservative approach than the progressive approach.  "If those filthy lazy degenerates don't want to work, get them out of here!"  The progressive approach can be seen in AB 344, which funds homeless employment programs.

So all the ills' of our liberal utpia are because of conservitive Ideas in California?

I'm out to smoke a Fatty.

32 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Human rights is not a problem in our society,nor is the bald eagle,or burning rivers.Let's keep toxic masculinity out of this.

That's like saying that measles isn't a problem for our society, so vaccines do nothing,

The REASON we have plenty of bald eagles and we don't have burning rivers any more is because of those evil progressive liberals you always attack.  So - you're welcome.

Now that we Agree,why would you support such regressive progessive Ideas?

"Regressive progressive ideas?" Did you already smoke that fatty?

I don't support corn based ethanol.

I agree, the Air has never been cleaner in my life.So you think we should continue to invest and spend even more in the future on a problem that you admit is 5% of what it was.

Because 100,000 Americans still die every year from air pollution.  We have proven we can solve the problem - it's just going to take more work.

So all the ills' of our liberal utpia are because of conservitive Ideas in California?

Not at all.  We have a democratic government here in California and we have a homeless problem.  If we had a republican government in California we'd have a homeless problem.  Both parties take different approaches to that problem.  The problem will be here no matter what anyone does.

46 minutes ago, billvon said:

"Regressive progressive ideas?" Did you already smoke that fatty?

I don't support corn based ethanol.

I want to apologize for putting you in the box of our state, intelligencia  academia,curiculum politic and corruption.

I'll puff to that !

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Are you kidding me? How out of touch are you?

I hope I didn't offend you. Turkey time I'm out.

Let's agree, to keep this on topic and thread    

Reform,we can agree on

Edited by richravizza
thread topic

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

Here in Cali, the State increases Ethanol every summer,not by 20% 50% but by 100%.

I have to admit, I don't know too much about Ethanol. I've never really thought of it as a good solution. I thought it was at most a small stop-gap solution to reduce emissions in traditional gas by a small amount. I am pretty certain though that Ethanol isn't pushed very much by "progressives" but instead by big agri-business lobbyists (who almost certainly lean conservative, along with their employers.) In any case: I don't really care about conservative versus progressive on this issue. 

But we agree,this progessive idea needs reform.

What is THIS progressive idea? I may have missed something here. I thought we were discussing what the guy in your video said (and I DID jump to the time mark you indicated, so I'm talking about his rant on China and how we shouldn't be doing ANYTHING, because China is a bigger polluter than us)

I did watch the video you posted which,I previously watched when this thread was created.I don't understand why they would use a F-150 Sticker

Again, my current comments are all about the video you posted, of what seems like a conservative talk-show, and how the argument of the host seems disingenuous at best. You may be referring to a video I posted, exploring benefits of electric cars in terms of CO2 emissions over the entire production cycle and lifetime of the car, compared to gas vehicles. Yeah, if they compared a Leaf to a Ford 150, that's a little strange (although, in the US, I bet there are many people who buy a Ford 150 who could easily drive a Leaf--such a strange thing here, people driving trucks who never use it as a truck...so now we have to build cabs that fit 5 people xD...but I really shouldn't judge. I dreamt all day yesterday about owning a Mercedes GT Coupe--and no one NEEDS that kind of car either) I am pretty sure though, the video mostly made relevant and accurate comparisons--that's why I chose it over other similar ones, all coming to the same general conclusion.
Happy Turkey-Day!

14 minutes ago, richravizza said:

This is the second day of rain and snow in SoCal with the rest of the week looking stormy.Even in the most conducive environment in the US for solar, we can all admit it's reliability as an energy source is well, unreliable.

Let me know if your power goes out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mbohu said:

. I am pretty certain though that Ethanol isn't pushed very much by "progressives"

You'd be right, not anymore,its the one of the consequences of the do something stance,and our Government ineptitude in picking winners and losers.

If I only had an extra $150K laying around.

https://karmaautomotive.com

Edited by richravizza

On 11/28/2019 at 5:46 PM, mbohu said:

I am pretty certain though that Ethanol isn't pushed very much by "progressives" but instead by big agri-business lobbyists (who almost certainly lean conservative, along with their employers.) In any case: I don't really care about conservative versus progressive on this issue. 

And they lobby VERY HARD for gov't subsidies.  They're the biggest crock of shit in the entire debate.  There's nothing about a monoculture agricultural process that ends up emitting exactly as much greenhouse gases as gasoline that's helping the environment.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, billvon said:

Corn based ethanol is a poor solution - but one that is very popular with US farmers, which is why it's still around.  Sugar cane based ethanol is several times more effective.

Effective . . . as in efficient?

Why havent we had a push in the climate change media about urging the corn farmers to switch to cane?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Why havent we had a push in the climate change media about urging the corn farmers to switch to cane?

Sugar cane grows in warm temperate to tropical climates. There is no such thing as "climate change media". What other nonsense will you post today?

• Like 1

Just now, gowlerk said:

Sugar cane grows in warm temperate to tropical climates. There is no such thing as "climate change media". What other nonsense will you post today?

According to some pretty soon we'll have tropical climates here in Ohio.  Winning!  Ok, Ok,....just kidding.

6 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I guess you have never heard of the Weather Channel.

I thought you were informed.

It is under weather.com in case you want to watch a little.

ALSO - CNN does a pretty good job of portraying itself as Climate Media . . .

There are others if you choose to be honest with yourself and look at it objectively.

11 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

As in EROEI.

I don't know what "the climate change media" is.  You mean the scientific community?  They have been talking about this for decades.

https://www.energy4impact.org/news/bio-ethanol-case-sugar-cane?gclid=Cj0KCQiAiZPvBRDZARIsAORkq7e2EhhwCmCNLJ0dlX9stjrQxiazqTaFs8prAi0Z_5CPMru8SxKubGAaAmXAEALw_wcB

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/sugarcane-ethanol

https://www.intechopen.com/books/fuel-ethanol-production-from-sugarcane/assessment-of-sugarcane-based-ethanol-production

The reason it has not happened is because sugar cane farmers have no political power in the US.  It's a niche crop.  Corn farmers, on the other hand . . .

20 hours ago, billvon said:

As in EROEI.

I don't know what "the climate change media" is.  You mean the scientific community?  They have been talking about this for decades.

https://www.energy4impact.org/news/bio-ethanol-case-sugar-cane?gclid=Cj0KCQiAiZPvBRDZARIsAORkq7e2EhhwCmCNLJ0dlX9stjrQxiazqTaFs8prAi0Z_5CPMru8SxKubGAaAmXAEALw_wcB

https://www.intechopen.com/books/fuel-ethanol-production-from-sugarcane/assessment-of-sugarcane-based-ethanol-production

The reason it has not happened is because sugar cane farmers have no political power in the US.  It's a niche crop.  Corn farmers, on the other hand . . .

Sugar beets?

21 hours ago, billvon said:

As in EROEI.

You can turn on any news outlet at any given moment, wait for about 7-10 minutes and there will be something mentioned about climate change.

I have yet to see any protests aired regarding the switch from corn to cane.

I have yet to see anyone seriously bring the argument to the table.

I have heard more on this forum about it than I have seen ANYWHERE.

Why?

34 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

35 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You can turn on any news outlet at any given moment, wait for about 7-10 minutes and there will be something mentioned about climate change.

So then, not just the "climate change media" but all media?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

If you actually, honestly, seriously considered that I was speaking of a new cable news network . . . 

I just don't know what to say . . .

Seriously?

I assumed you were just finding another way of slamming any media outlet that is not sufficiently conservative.

• Like 1