billvon

Security risk from foreign terrorists

Applicable scripture until hypothetical Muslim neighbor starts building an arsenal and giving glory to Allah (Satan). Then I notify law enforcement.

So you're saying that your amassing weapons and giving glory to God is WAY different from your hypothetical neighbor (who would be living in a likely very hostile town, and possibly afraid of random violence) who might be doing the same thing.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Applicable scripture until hypothetical Muslim neighbor starts building an arsenal and giving glory to Allah (Satan). Then I notify law enforcement.

So you're saying that your amassing weapons and giving glory to God is WAY different from your hypothetical neighbor (who would be living in a likely very hostile town, and possibly afraid of random violence) who might be doing the same thing.

Wendy P.

Yep!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Do you believe that "innocent until proven" guilty should be conditional as well? In other words, are your standards of evidence for (hypothetical) Muslims accused of crimes different from people like you?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Do you believe that "innocent until proven" guilty should be conditional as well? In other words, are your standards of evidence for (hypothetical) Muslims accused of crimes different from people like you?

Wendy P.

Not the problem scenario billvon presented to me.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It's one I'm presenting to you.
Or maybe it can be re-worded as "do you believe that gun registration is OK as long as it only applies to Muslims?"

Wendy P.

RonD1120

***>New York 9:11
>Benghazi 9:11-12

So those are more important than the word of Jesus?

OK. In that case consider these:

Urban II: Catholic Pope w/vision for his time
Darwin Torres: [Illegal immigrant] build the wall
Jeremy Christian: mentally ill
Adam Puritan (Purinton): mentally ill
Stanley Majors: mentally ill
Oscar Morel: mentally ill
Jeffrey Caylor: Dr in Foley AL ???

If the list of names confuse you, reflect on Matthew 5:38-40 and Matthew 22:39.

I am not a Roman Catholic and do not know any of these individuals.

I hate to be the one that tells you, Ron. But part of all religions is to give praise to their "god". So for Muslims giving Praise to Allah is part of daily life. Furthermore Americans love to "stockpile" guns. On any gun forum, ownership of 1-2 dozen guns is not unusual.

So what is the tipping point for you when a neighbor becomes a security risk. Worthy of a report to LE? Non-Christian? What about a atheist that stockpiles guns?

wmw999

It's one I'm presenting to you.
Or maybe it can be re-worded as "do you believe that gun registration is OK as long as it only applies to Muslims?"

Wendy P.

I do not believe in gun registration period.

Phil1111

******>New York 9:11
>Benghazi 9:11-12

So those are more important than the word of Jesus?

OK. In that case consider these:

Urban II: Catholic Pope w/vision for his time
Darwin Torres: [Illegal immigrant] build the wall
Jeremy Christian: mentally ill
Adam Puritan (Purinton): mentally ill
Stanley Majors: mentally ill
Oscar Morel: mentally ill
Jeffrey Caylor: Dr in Foley AL ???

If the list of names confuse you, reflect on Matthew 5:38-40 and Matthew 22:39.

I am not a Roman Catholic and do not know any of these individuals.

I hate to be the one that tells you, Ron. But part of all religions is to give praise to their "god". So for Muslims giving Praise to Allah is part of daily life. Furthermore Americans love to "stockpile" guns. On any gun forum, ownership of 1-2 dozen guns is not unusual.

So what is the tipping point for you when a neighbor becomes a security risk. Worthy of a report to LE? Non-Christian? What about a atheist that stockpiles guns?

If you see something say something.

Atheists are not necessarily sworn enemies. Radical Islamists are sworn enemies. A redneck meth head atheist might be a sworn enemy. A Jehovah's Witness is not a sworn enemy. Do you see the differences?

RonD1120

[quote "Phil111...
If you see something say something.

Atheists are not necessarily sworn enemies. Radical Islamists are sworn enemies. A redneck meth head atheist might be a sworn enemy. A Jehovah's Witness is not a sworn enemy. Do you see the differences?

How about if you see a threat to anyone, say something. Praising Allah and stockpiling guns do not make a "Radical Islamist". If they were making threats about the government or other groups, thats different. Including God praising(Christian) government hating nut-jobs from Idaho, etc.

I may be a little more nuanced than you. I don't think I have any sworn enemies.

I think that Ron's basic assumption is that obvious Muslims are guilty until proven innocent, rather than the other way around. Not guilty enough to do anything himself, but definitely to report to LE.

Of course, that someone caused vandalism by smearing pig blood on a mosque is funny...

And in case you're wondering, Ron, I disagree. Rules and laws are only worth having if they're for everyone.

Wendy P.

>Applicable scripture until hypothetical Muslim neighbor starts building an arsenal
>and giving glory to Allah.

So applicable scripture until it affects you in the real world. Then you would accuse your neighbor of being a threat for doing what you want the freedom to do.

It's easy to claim to follow Christ; wear a cross, go to church, say the words. A lot harder to actually do it.

And we see the first airport terminals in the US being closed early due to the shutdown. Travelers beware.
===========================
Shutdown Forces Miami Airport Terminal to Close

TSA agents are calling in sick instead of working without pay, prompting worries that the airport won’t have enough security personnel to staff checkpoints

By Alexa Lardieri, Staff Writer 
US News and World Report
Jan. 11, 2019, at 9:45 a.m.

MIAMI INTERNATIONAL Airport is closing one of its terminals early for three days because of a shortage of Transportation Security Administration workers caused by the partial government shutdown.

Terminal G, one of six in the Miami airport, will close after 1 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, CNN reported.

"Due to an increased number of TSA screeners not reporting to work, we have decided to take this precautionary step and relocate about 12 flights to adjoining concourses in the afternoons," airport spokesman Greg Chin said.

In response to the shutdown, which has stretched into its 21st day, federal workers are calling in sick at double the normal rate, Chin told CNN, leaving the agency doubtful that enough workers will report to work to operate the 11 security checkpoints throughout the airport.

TSA agents in several airports have begun calling in sick instead of reporting to work and working without pay, and federal workers across the country will miss their first paycheck on Friday.
. .
Chin told the Miami Herald that officials "felt we had to make a decision before the weekend." Adding that they are "erring on the side of caution."

Terminal G is used by United Airlines, Frontier Airlines and Aruba Airlines, among others.
================

normiss

Hopefully they return the favor.

:D:D

In my county, if we had any Muslims, the sheriff would be greatly amused.

One of his second term election promises was that he would support our Second Amendment rights without compromise.

RonD1120

***Hopefully they return the favor.

One of his second term election promises was that he would support our Second Amendment rights without compromise.

Was the second statement meant to support the first statement? If so, how?

That's very nice. But how do you and the sheriff feel about support for the First Amendment?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

Unless they are Muslims, apparently.

What light through yonder window breaks?

Trump just got back from the border, after a trip that he admitted was pointless and that his aides made him take.

But don't worry; he'll get some mileage out of it yet with a little fearmongering. "I just got back and it is a far worse situation than almost anyone would understand, an invasion!" I wonder if this "invasion" he saw was as bad as the invasion from the caravan he called out the military for?

RonD1120

So your sheriff is violating the civil rights (first amendment freedoms of religion, association and travel) and you are in favor of it?

I love how you seem to be in favor of elected officials picking and choosing which laws they will obey, and which ones they will ignore.

At least when you agree with it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

So your sheriff is violating the civil rights (first amendment freedoms of religion, association and travel) and you are in favor of it?

I love how you seem to be in favor of elected officials picking and choosing which laws they will obey, and which ones they will ignore.

At least when you agree with it.

You people need to learn to actually follow the subject.

Billvon asked me if I would call the cops if my hypothetical Muslim neighbor began stockpiling an arsenal and praising Allah.

My response adamantly yes.

At that point, the situation is in the hands of the law. No one's 1st or 2nd Amendment rights have been violated.

billvon

Trump just got back from the border, after a trip that he admitted was pointless and that his aides made him take.

But don't worry; he'll get some mileage out of it yet with a little fearmongering. "I just got back and it is a far worse situation than almost anyone would understand, an invasion!" I wonder if this "invasion" he saw was as bad as the invasion from the caravan he called out the military for?

Jim Acosta put his foot in his mouth by broadcasting from a fenced/barriered area and showing that there's no emergency. I'm curious if Trump (even having pointed out Acosta's gaffe) also visited fenced/walled/barriered areas and says there IS an emergency.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher