kallend

What can they be hiding?

jaybird18c

And how is this supposed scandal supposed to be different/worse from Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky or his other exploits?

The payoff to Ms Daniels was very likely an illegal campaign contribution, if it was done in order to keep Ms Daniels from blabbing during the campaign, as seems certain. If Trump knew about it and failed to disclose it or covered it up, that is also a felony.

Clinton was impeached not for getting blowjobs from Monica Lewinsky, but for lying about it under oath in a deposition. Trump and his lawyers are in legal trouble, not for his dalliances with a silicone MILF, but for violations of campaign finance law. Trump may well also be in some trouble at home as well; Melania does not look very happy these days (although she's always looked pretty much pissed off, it seems to me), but that is not the basis for his legal problem.

Don

>Trump and his lawyers are in legal trouble, not for his dalliances with a silicone MILF,
>but for violations of campaign finance law.

In addition, by suing Buzzfeed for libel over a wide range of topics, they have managed to link the Russian investigation to the Stormy Daniels matter. And that will likely result in closer investigation of both issues.

billvon

>Trump and his lawyers are in legal trouble, not for his dalliances with a silicone MILF,
>but for violations of campaign finance law.

In addition, by suing Buzzfeed for libel over a wide range of topics, they have managed to link the Russian investigation to the Stormy Daniels matter. And that will likely result in closer investigation of both issues.

I wonder if the Mango Mussolini ever regrets his hubris at running for the presidency? Had he remained a private citizen his wealth could have allowed him to mock the law forever. As president, all (or much) of his dirty laundry is bound to come out. Certainly it's true that he would have been best off had he simply lost; he could have cashed in on being the aggrieved victim of a rigged system while keeping all his dirt under the rug.

Don

jaybird18c

And how is this supposed scandal supposed to be different/worse from Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky or his other exploits? Is it supposed to make anyone feel better about Hillary Clinton as an alternative?

Give this a listen for a pretty decent and easy to follow explanation of what is at stake.

https://openargs.com/oa154-stormy-daniels-is-a-legal-genius/

SkyDekker

Now there are stories of threats of physical harm.

60 Minutes is going to be interesting on Sun.

Latest news is that interview has been rescheduled for March 25, (a week from Sunday).
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jaybird18c

Just for the record, I don't defend Trump's idiocy. He's a tool. As long as he's pushing the agenda I want, I'm for him. But that's as far as I go. I have little respect for him as a person.

Do you believe the agenda you want is good for America? Clearly, Trumps agenda harms many of your fellow citizens, in particular those in the LGBT community. I would include the increasing numbers of americans unable to afford health care. There are more, of course.

Is that simply acceptable collateral damage or are those folks simply expendable types according to the natural order? To the point, what is it in your agenda that makes harm to other americans acceptable?

Given that you think Trump is an idiot and a tool for whom you have little respect, is it the case that our standing on the world stage is not part of your agenda?

SkyDekker

***And how is this supposed scandal supposed to be different/worse from Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky or his other exploits? Is it supposed to make anyone feel better about Hillary Clinton as an alternative?

Give this a listen for a pretty decent and easy to follow explanation of what is at stake.

https://openargs.com/oa154-stormy-daniels-is-a-legal-genius/

Thanks for posting that. It highlights well the catch-22 in which Trump finds himself facing.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

And now six more women are coming forward with similar stories.

Interesting rumor I heard recently - Trump and his lawyer are being very, very reticent about this whole thing because there is a clause in Trump's prenup that talks about what happens if there are any provable affairs. (Imagine a woman not trusting Trump . . .)

billvon

And now six more women are coming forward with similar stories.

Interesting rumor I heard recently - Trump and his lawyer are being very, very reticent about this whole thing because there is a clause in Trump's prenup that talks about what happens if there are any provable affairs. (Imagine a woman not trusting Trump . . .)

He signed a pre-nup with that in it???:o
Man, he is even dumber than I thought, (if that is even possible).:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>He signed a pre-nup with that in it?
>Man, he is even dumber than I thought, (if that is even possible).

Well, so far it's a Reddit-level rumor, so I wouldn't put too much faith in it yet.

Although I think, if true, it's more a sign that Melania is smarter than anyone thought, not that Trump is dumber. And this may be the straw that leads her to take Vanessa's approach to the issue.

billvon

Well, so far it's a Reddit-level rumor, so I wouldn't put too much faith in it yet.

Although I think, if true, it's more a sign that Melania is smarter than anyone thought, not that Trump is dumber. And this may be the straw that leads her to take Vanessa's approach to the issue.

I just had this thought:
What if Melania has already retained a divorce lawyer, and they are just waiting for the Stormy story to play out, so they have more ammunition for the divorce?

billvon

In most cases both parties to a prenup of any sophistication would have separate council. Infidelity provisions standard.

billvon

Although I think, if true, it's more a sign that Melania is smarter than anyone thought.

Nah, she was known to be smart. Her application that greased the skids for her EB-1 visa said as much.

EB-1 visas were designed for renowned academic researchers, multinational business executives or those in other fields, such as Olympic athletes and Oscar-winning actors, who demonstrated 'sustained national and international acclaim'.

She's right up there with Nobel prizewinners in physics and chemistry.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

EB-1 visas were designed for renowned academic researchers, multinational business executives or those in other fields, such as Olympic athletes and Oscar-winning actors, who demonstrated 'sustained national and international acclaim'.

Pretty sure that "hot chicks that elderly rich men want" is in there too. Maybe that part has been redacted due to national security concerns.

Question is will a divorce in the White House even mean anything? There have been presidential weddings in the past while in office (Tyler, Wilson, Cleveland) and Reagan had a divorce prior to getting elected - would a divorce in office even matter?

Would the president lose any voters for having a third divorce?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

ryoder

***>He signed a pre-nup with that in it?

I just had this thought:
What if Melania has already retained a divorce lawyer, and they are just waiting for the Stormy story to play out, so they have more ammunition for the divorce?

An intelligent guess would be an amendment to the prenup. A trump president provision so to speak.
....mmmm....

Melina hereby agrees to preclude any divorce or separation provisions, actions. For cause, breach of prenup, or not, in exchange for $$xxxx. For the complete term of any trump presidency.

After all trump is signing on to the $130k payment and he has some smart lawyers. Clearly trump enterprises, Jared Kushner, trump's sons and daughter. Have much to profit by for each and every day in power.

>Would the president lose any voters for having a third divorce?

He certainly wouldn't lose any more voters. He has the angry, bitter misogynist vote pretty much in the bag, and those won't change their votes. (And they make up a significant percentage of the ~35% of voters who support him.) Heck, he might even pick up a few of them - "that guy knows what it's like to have a flaming bitch rake him over the coals!"

billvon

Well, Trump started hitting on Melania at an event where he arrived with a different woman. That's how they first met. She was turned off by the circumstances. At first, anyway.

nolhtairt

***>He signed a pre-nup with that in it?

Well, Trump started hitting on Melania at an event where he arrived with a different woman. That's how they first met. She was turned off by the circumstances. At first, anyway.

Until the proper translation of billions got through to her at least.

ryoder

***And now six more women are coming forward with similar stories.

He signed a pre-nup with that in it???:o
Man, he is even dumber than I thought, (if that is even possible).:S

You have to remember that this is a guy who has no regard for any promise he's ever made, much less to a woman. It's not surprising that any woman getting involved with him would put some very serious work into a prenuptial agreement. I think we've all seen that she has much more class than he does.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher