Phil1111

Sarah Sanders, Feed her, or boot her?

Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

If that really happened I'll bet there is far more to the story than you just told.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

If that really happened I'll bet there is far more to the story than you just told.

If there is it was not made public, AFAIK.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Not by my standards - but, apparently, just fine by yours.

DJL

What's cracking me up about this is it really is some white-people-who-think-they're-doing-something bullshit. Do you guys think there aren't kitchens full of Latinos in DC who serve her food every single day? All of a sudden a little Lexington VA restaurant gets a politician at one of their tables and they feel like they're standing up for something.

Where was all this energy back during the election when they could have actually done something? Where were the donations? Where was the volunteering? If this guy is Hitler light where was that passion to keep Hitler light out of the Whitehouse?

Actually she took a vote of her kitchen staff and acted based on the vote.

RonD1120

I have a friend in prison in West Virginia and we aren't allowed to send socks or anything else made by Nike. They're afraid that Muslim inmates will be offended because the swoosh looks like some Islamic symbol.

Bob_Church

***Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

I have a friend in prison in West Virginia and we aren't allowed to send socks or anything else made by Nike. They're afraid that Muslim inmates will be offended because the swoosh looks like some Islamic symbol.

Another complete falsehood. The Nike swish is not offensive. Nike had a line with a symbol that looked like a fire that very closely resembled the word Allah in Arabic. It was in the early 90s. They dropped it and recalled a bunch of product. More than 20 years ago.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

******Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

Another complete falsehood. The Nike swish is not offensive. Nike had a line with a symbol that looked like a fire that very closely resembled the word Allah in Arabic. It was in the early 90s. They dropped it and recalled a bunch of product. More than 20 years ago.

Unsurprisingly the West Virginia Department of Corrections hasn't changed its policy banning them.

DanG

I would like to see a refernce for that. I did a search nothing came up. Seems really unlikely that West Virginia Muslims would be offended by a swoosh.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1997/06/25/bus_nike.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Unsurprisingly the West Virginia Department of Corrections hasn't changed its policy banning them.

A very quick and easy search reveals that many prisons and jails ban Nike branded products because they are seen as gang identifier symbols. There are no references to Muslims being offended by the Nike swoosh. You are clearly mistaken. But that happens easily in an environment as quick to fear and loathe the religion of Muhammad as exists in the western world. I am sure you hold this myth as truth because it was told to you that way. But it is still untrue.

RonD1120

******Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

If there is it was not made public, AFAIK.

And no, that's not what happened either. Guy had the "Kafir" tattoo on his leg which isn't "infidel" in it's most tame translation and at it's worst is intended as a big fuck you to Muslims, General complains, manifest asks if he can do something about it but never asks him to leave, dude goes and stirs up media shit about how VETERAN WAS KICKED OUT etc. etc.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

ryoder

***I would like to see a refernce for that. I did a search nothing came up. Seems really unlikely that West Virginia Muslims would be offended by a swoosh.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1997/06/25/bus_nike.html

And in all the years I've been visiting I've yet to see the prison rescind a rule, no matter how irrelevant it becomes. Dealing with them is like watching Brazil again.
So it wasn't the Swoosh but the other symbol. I can't remember if I'm misremembering or if Mike, the inmate who warned me not to send them, had it wrong. He started his sentence in 1999 so it's been awhile. I sometimes wonder how they're going to have more rules to institute, they just keep coming up with them, and no slack. And I really do mean no slack. One morning we arrived at Huttonsville and they had a new rule. It was written in magic marker on a piece of notebook paper and taped to the door, it was that new. It said that visitors could no longer wear perfume. They had decided it interferes with the drug sniffing dog. You'd expect that visitors would see the sign then obey it next time they came, they'd been warned, but no. They were turning away anyone wearing perfume that morning. One woman was crying in the parking lot. She'd said she'd driven the day before to a motel then got up that morning to visit her husband. But they wouldn't let her in. There was a stream of women heading to the parking lot who weren't allowed to visit despite being dressed and wearing the same amounts of perfume as before. The administration for these places is just plain cold.

SkyDekker

***What's cracking me up about this is it really is some white-people-who-think-they're-doing-something bullshit. Do you guys think there aren't kitchens full of Latinos in DC who serve her food every single day? All of a sudden a little Lexington VA restaurant gets a politician at one of their tables and they feel like they're standing up for something.

Where was all this energy back during the election when they could have actually done something? Where were the donations? Where was the volunteering? If this guy is Hitler light where was that passion to keep Hitler light out of the Whitehouse?

A better move, since the food had already been served, would have been to walk out and say, "Our staff, made up of several members of the LGBT community would like to remind you that you have a responsibility to represent all of man-kind in your role within our government. Have a nice dinner."

DJL

******What's cracking me up about this is it really is some white-people-who-think-they're-doing-something bullshit. Do you guys think there aren't kitchens full of Latinos in DC who serve her food every single day? All of a sudden a little Lexington VA restaurant gets a politician at one of their tables and they feel like they're standing up for something.

A better move, since the food had already been served, would have been to walk out and say, "Our staff, made up of several members of the LGBT community would like to remind you that you have a responsibility to represent all of man-kind in your role within our government. Have a nice dinner."

Hindsight is 20-20.

She had uneasy staff, she decided to side with her staff instead of the customer. Her staff probably like her a bit more now. Maintaining good staff relations has some benefits.

DJL

Maybe, but you've had all evening and half the morning to mull things over and think up that zinger. They were working in real time;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

The incident was discussed at some length here in the SC. I don't remember if I posted my opinion or not. I was conflicted because I felt that in America preference should not be given to foreign nationals over a U.S. military veteran. But, also I believe an entrepreneur has the right to run their business however they think will generate success and let competition in the marketplace determine the outcome of individual decisions.

jakee

***A better move, since the food had already been served, would have been to walk out and say, "Our staff, made up of several members of the LGBT community would like to remind you that you have a responsibility to represent all of man-kind in your role within our government. Have a nice dinner."

Maybe, but you've had all evening and half the morning to mull things over and think up that zinger. They were working in real time;)

Oh, definitely. But I also grew up in the DC area and don't see what the big deal is with running into a politician and interacting with them without referencing their politics.

DJL

******A better move, since the food had already been served, would have been to walk out and say, "Our staff, made up of several members of the LGBT community would like to remind you that you have a responsibility to represent all of man-kind in your role within our government. Have a nice dinner."

Oh, definitely. But I also grew up in the DC area and don't see what the big deal is with running into a politician and interacting with them without referencing their politics.

So what about the cookie guy refusing Biden.

I'll have to go back and read about your contempt on that one :P

RonD1120

The incident was discussed at some length here in the SC. I don't remember if I posted my opinion or not. I was conflicted because I felt that in America preference should not be given to foreign nationals over a U.S. military veteran. But, also I believe an entrepreneur has the right to run their business however they think will generate success and let competition in the marketplace determine the outcome of individual decisions.

Regardless of your opinion the DZ did not refuse him service.

I'll have to go back and read about your contempt on that one Tongue

Had never heard of that one until now, looks like it's being dredged up as a counter to this instance. I'll say the difference there was that it was for a political photo op and the owner didn't want that at his store because of his political opinion. Don't think that was much of a big deal. Biden also didn't act like a little bitch about it.

DJL

Sure, but that's not the question. The question is whether it's a big deal to take the action they did.

Also worth mentioning that this particular restaurant is a 180 mile drive from the White House. They're probably not as used to dealing with DC politicians as you are.

jakee

***Oh, definitely. But I also grew up in the DC area and don't see what the big deal is with running into a politician and interacting with them without referencing their politics.

Sure, but that's not the question. The question is whether it's a big deal to take the action they did.

Also worth mentioning that this particular restaurant is a 180 mile drive from the White House. They're probably not as used to dealing with DC politicians as you are.

I went to school (VMI) in Lexington, Va. It's not DC but between the presence of Washington and Lee and VMI with their academic and political narratives they should know how to handle themselves a bit better.

DJL

I'll have to go back and read about your contempt on that one Tongue

Had never heard of that one until now, looks like it's being dredged up as a counter to this instance. I'll say the difference there was that it was for a political photo op and the owner didn't want that at his store because of his political opinion. Don't think that was much of a big deal. Biden also didn't act like a little bitch about it.

And I don't think too many Democrats came out to demonstrate and throw shit at the restaurant like Republicans are doing to this restaurant.

The re-action to this, the visceral hatred is going to tear your country apart.

I went to school (VMI) in Lexington, Va. It's not DC but between the presence of Washington and Lee and VMI with their academic and political narratives they should know how to handle themselves a bit better.

Why?Just because they're near a school they can absorb its teaching through osmosis?