Phil1111

Sarah Sanders, Feed her, or boot her?

jakee

I went to school (VMI) in Lexington, Va. It's not DC but between the presence of Washington and Lee and VMI with their academic and political narratives they should know how to handle themselves a bit better.

Why?Just because they're near a school they can absorb its teaching through osmosis?

Well, you see the schools are at the top of the hill and downtown is downtown, it's trickledown learning. Just while I was there Clarence Thomas's son was two flights down from me, WWII Admiral Halsey's grandson was a classmate of mine, the current Superintendent was the General who took over for Schwarzkopf, there are regular military and political figures coming in for speeches and parades. There's the shit ton of Civil War statues that have become a recent topic because VMI actually fought for the Confederacy and General Lee is half the name of the other school. Hell, look at the map, Lee is buried THREE blocks away from this restaurant. It's a small town but it's not a podunk backwater.

Regardless, I don't think refusing service because of political differences is any reason to refuse service. Sure you can say that Trump is the worse President this country has even had but he's not actually Hitler.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

"Well, you see the schools are at the top of the hill and downtown is downtown, it's trickledown learning. Just while I was there Clarence Thomas's son was two flights down from me,"

My office was about four doors down from Pete Souza's. I never got used to seeing him in the Oval Office.

Edit: up until he got called away to The White House, that is.

DJL

I went to school (VMI) in Lexington, Va. It's not DC but between the presence of Washington and Lee and VMI with their academic and political narratives they should know how to handle themselves a bit better.

Why?Just because they're near a school they can absorb its teaching through osmosis?

Well, you see the schools are at the top of the hill and downtown is downtown, it's trickledown learning. Just while I was there Clarence Thomas's son was two flights down from me, WWII Admiral Halsey's grandson was a classmate of mine, the current Superintendent was the General who took over for Schwarzkopf, there are regular military and political figures coming in for speeches and parades. There's the shit ton of Civil War statues that have become a recent topic because VMI actually fought for the Confederacy and General Lee is half the name of the other school. Hell, look at the map, Lee is buried THREE blocks away from this restaurant. It's a small town but it's not a podunk backwater.

Regardless, I don't think refusing service because of political differences is any reason to refuse service. Sure you can say that Trump is the worse President this country has even had but he's not actually Hitler.

Damn!

You have shaken me to my core!

You have posted a very reasonable sentiment of which most of which I can agree with!:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

I do not. Is this a true happening? If it was written in Arabic how did the DZO know? Most DZO's are tools, you know, barely able in English I'm told. I have several Muslim friends outside of the US, mostly SE Asians, and I can't imagine any of them giving a rats ass. Is there a back story here?

JoeWeber

***Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

I do not. Is this a true happening? If it was written in Arabic how did the DZO know? Most DZO's are tools, you know, barely able in English I'm told. I have several Muslim friends outside of the US, mostly SE Asians, and I can't imagine any of them giving a rats ass. Is there a back story here?

The incident was discussed here in SC at the time. DJL posted above that word was not infidel but some other term.

Since I no longer jump, I only read about it here.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

wmw999

Corrected link: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi%3Fdo=post_view_flat%3Bpost=4466551%3Bpage=1%3Bsb=post_latest_reply%3Bso=ASC%3Bmh=25%3B%2594
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Interesting story. Bernie Sanders is of the opinion that Sarah Sanders should have been served.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/394449-bernie-sanders-sarah-sanders-has-the-right-to-go-into-a-restaurant-and-have

He's a far nicer guy than I am.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Seems like a little bit of hypocrisy. In reference to the sign in the window of the Lexintgon, VA based restaurant Red Hen reading "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend."

ryoder

Corrected link: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi%3Fdo=post_view_flat%3Bpost=4466551%3Bpage=1%3Bsb=post_latest_reply%3Bso=ASC%3Bmh=25%3B%2594

I thought I remembered something about it being revealed that he pulled this stunt and tried it elsewhere to drum up donations on his blog. He got called out pretty heavily in that thread as being full of shit and stopped posting.

Edit: It also looks like he deleted his facebook page and all his social media stuff and abandoned his effort to use bullshit for personal gain.

RonD1120

******Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

The incident was discussed here in SC at the time. DJL posted above that word was not infidel but some other term.

Since I no longer jump, I only read about it here.

I'll just trust you had fair or entertaining reasons for asking me the question and that I was legitimately open for the inquiry.

A few pages back Billvon, an unlikely Ron FanBoy I thought, rose to your defense as I was pressing you for a clarifying response to your statement:

"I believe strongly that any business person has the right to refuse service to anyone."

I asked you:

"Do you think a private business should be allowed to exclude anyone they like regardless of reason as a fundamental prerogative? For example African Americans, Homosexuals, Sikhs, Muslims, Liars or anyone else that makes the business owner feel uncomfortable?"

Given that each and every member of those identified groups are anyones I thought the question fair.

You replied:

"I stated my belief regarding the rights of business owners above. It is my belief, it is not the law."

Another of your saviors then accused me of attempting to put words in your mouth. I am not. I am asking you to put the words in your mouth instead of prevaricating as you often do.

My reasons should be plain by now. Nonetheless. I'll spell it out: I think your political and social philosophies don't square with your stated Christian beliefs. I further believe that you know it and that's why you answer as you do. So, if you do believe ."any business person has the right to refuse service to anyone." then you must also believe they can do so for any reason. If so, that ain't very Christian. Reference John 13:34-35; 1 Peter 3:8; Galatians 3:28; Colossians 3:11 for authority.

As you have thus far answered and written it would seem that you are first a committed Social Conservative/Libertarian with being a follower of Christ coming in a distant second.

Hence my question: "Do you think a private business should be allowed to exclude anyone they like regardless of reason as a fundamental prerogative? For example African Americans, Homosexuals, Sikhs, Muslims, Liars or anyone else that makes the business owner feel uncomfortable?"

And if you do please explain how that squares with being a good Christian.

airdvr

Sarah Sanders to receive Secret Service protection

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/politics/sarah-sanders-secret-service-protection/index.html

Hmmm...must be because those on the left are so kind and merciful.

Both "Sides" have plenty of asshats.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-20070824

airdvr

Sarah Sanders decided to make the incident public (from an official government platform) and is therefore responsible for the existence of a public response.

Here is a selection of threats and abuse a completely different restaurant has recieved in the days since, in addition to the establishment being physically attacked.

Shouldn't all the Red Hens on the eastern seaboard be entitled to Secret Service protection from the kindness and mercy of the right until this all blows over?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

When I worked in the counseling profession I enjoyed clients and colleagues alike that were blacks, Hispanics, Latinos, and homosexuals. One colleague was a Sikh but no Muslims. I could not nor would not refuse service to anyone.

In today's litigious world you have to be very careful how you behave and what you say. There is always someone with an agenda looking to trap you in some way that could be costly, even if you are innocent.

As a Libertarian thinker, I believe a business owner should have to right to do business with his choice of clientele. The liberal law puts restrictions on that practice. It is what it is.

Remember the Soup Nazi character from Seinfeld? One minor infraction of his rules and, "No soup for you."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

airdvr

Sarah Sanders to receive Secret Service protection

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/politics/sarah-sanders-secret-service-protection/index.html

So apparently, the Secret Service mission is to ensure that Sarah gets fed every evening?:D

And just for the record, I would have just served her.
I don't see anything being accomplished by asking her to leave.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

There is always someone with an agenda looking to trap you in some way that could be costly, even if you are innocent.

Like the guy you brought up with the "Infidel" tattoo.

SkyDekker

One colleague was a Sikh but no Muslims.

That is because there is not a single fucking Sikh who is a Muslim.

Typical ignorance.

Islam is an Abrahamic Religion like your Christianity.
Sikhism is a Dharmic Religio like Hinduism and Buddhism.

An arrogant lib...what a surprise.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

One colleague was a Sikh but no Muslims.

That is because there is not a single fucking Sikh who is a Muslim.

Typical ignorance.

Islam is an Abrahamic Religion like your Christianity.
Sikhism is a Dharmic Religio like Hinduism and Buddhism.

An arrogant lib...what a surprise.

Yup, god forbid people would strive for some knowledge. Better to be ignorant.

I will give you this, most Sikhs look brown, so that is pretty much equivalent to Muslim for Republicans.

RonD1120

When I worked in the counseling profession I enjoyed clients and colleagues alike that were blacks, Hispanics, Latinos, and homosexuals. One colleague was a Sikh but no Muslims. I could not nor would not refuse service to anyone.

In today's litigious world you have to be very careful how you behave and what you say. There is always someone with an agenda looking to trap you in some way that could be costly, even if you are innocent.

As a Libertarian thinker, I believe a business owner should have to right to do business with his choice of clientele. The liberal law puts restrictions on that practice. It is what it is.

Remember the Soup Nazi character from Seinfeld? One minor infraction of his rules and, "No soup for you."

"In today's litigious world you have to be very careful how you behave and what you say. There is always someone with an agenda looking to trap you in some way that could be costly, even if you are innocent.

As a Libertarian thinker, I believe a business owner should have to right to do business with his choice of clientele. The liberal law puts restrictions on that practice. It is what it is."

You are right, I can not believe I just typed, that we live in a litigious world and care must be taken lest one slander another or self incriminate. The good news is that you won't be sued for not being a racist, a homophobe or a randomly intolerant asshole. It's being one or the other or all that gets you in trouble.

That you claim fears speaks loudly.

DJL

*********Do you think it is right for a DZO to refuse service to a military veteran skydiver that had the word "Infidel" tattooed on his leg in Arabic because Muslim jumpers were there also?

If that really happened I'll bet there is far more to the story than you just told.

If there is it was not made public, AFAIK.

And no, that's not what happened either. Guy had the "Kafir" tattoo on his leg which isn't "infidel" in it's most tame translation and at it's worst is intended as a big fuck you to Muslims, General complains, manifest asks if he can do something about it but never asks him to leave, dude goes and stirs up media shit about how VETERAN WAS KICKED OUT etc. etc.

Kafir means, "unbeliever." Which is the big fuck you to about every religion. Which leads me to a question. If a man showed up at a dropzone and had a tattoo that said "atheist" during a christian skydivers convention; would he be asked to do something about it? And, if he didn't do something about "it" was he told he'd have to leave?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.