RonD1120

Melania Trump, Powerful Presence

Melania opens her speech with the Lord's Prayer. That is powerful and what a vast departure from the past first ladies. Her power is magnified by the silence of the MSM.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/melania-trump-recites-the-lords-prayer-then-assails-her-critics-in-florida-speech/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Melania opens her speech with the Lord's Prayer. That is powerful and what a vast departure from the past first ladies.

You do realize there's a good reason most First Ladies don't generally open speeches with prayers; yes?

What you call "powerful" a lot of other people consider to be "shameless pandering" and "pretty damn close to violating the establishment clause."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

RonD1120

Melania opens her speech with the Lord's Prayer. That is powerful and what a vast departure from the past first ladies. Her power is magnified by the silence of the MSM.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/melania-trump-recites-the-lords-prayer-then-assails-her-critics-in-florida-speech/

Melania seams to have acquired the Type of Christianity that one only sees when an inmate is appearing for the first time before a parole board.

quade

***Melania opens her speech with the Lord's Prayer. That is powerful and what a vast departure from the past first ladies.

You do realize there's a good reason most First Ladies don't generally open speeches with prayers; yes?

What you call "powerful" a lot of other people consider to be "shameless pandering" and "pretty damn close to violating the establishment clause."

There has always been a strong US identity of politicians and presidents to wrap their message around the flag and God.

Like NASCAR uses God and the flag to deliver its brand to its market.

It frames the message, the group and establishes the messenger as being worthy to speak to the group. To deliver his message. It was a small separation of this when Mitt Romney, a Mormon, brought his message of "GOD" to the voter.

"Religious attitudes are often formed early in life and are a continual part of an individual’s social-
ization in American culture (Carroll & Roof, 1993; Steensland et al., 2000). One
need only think of the frequency with which Christmas and nativity displays are
present in public locations and the commonplace structure of public school vaca-
tions around Christmas and Easter. Attitudes socialized early in life, in turn,
significantly shape social beliefs and attitudes later in life "

This saves time, expense and energy for politicians. A independent, atheist would have a difficult time framing his identity and commonness with a US voting block. "According to the Pew Research Center, in 2014, 22.8% of the American population does not identify with a religion, including atheists"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_the_United_States

" In short, even among Americans who may report that they desire less religious
language in politics, and who may say they are open to candidates of non-
Christian faiths, these Christian religious appeals can have resonance without
their awareness"

Further reading"
https://faculty.washington.edu/agg/pdf/Sheets&al.PolPsych.2011.pdf

So even if you don't believe in forgiveness, integrity, honesty, respect for others, compassion, protecting the weak, the injured, the vulnerable. Just use the flag, God and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrk9nJK_lVI

quade

***Melania opens her speech with the Lord's Prayer. That is powerful and what a vast departure from the past first ladies.

Among the conservative Christian community this real news item spread like wildfire.

People are saying, yes, that's why we elected him. That's why God's favor is on him. He is going to put God back in the foreground perception of the people.

Maybe true, maybe not. However, he is off to a good start and his supporters are proud and hopeful. Time will tell.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

That's why God's favor is on him.

How do you know god's favour is on him?

He is going to put God back in the foreground perception of the people.

Does Donald Trump have any history whatsoever of overt religiosity?

Has he ever read the bible?

Does he even go to church?

Do you really think he's one of you?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

He was elected president against all odds, predictions, poll numbers, etc.

God and the Holy Spirit do not need someone to meet those requisites in order to accomplish His will on earth as it is in heaven. He made a donkey speak. He made an adulterous murderer the king of Israel.

normiss

If only she would have recited it correctly.

There's at least six versions of the Lord's Prayer. Two different one's in Matthew & Luke. All acceptable. Her's was one of them.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

RonD1120

He made a donkey speak.

I missed this one in Vacation Bible School as a child.

So we’ve got the most powerful force in the universe (created it in seven days as you posit) and the manifestation is a talking donkey?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RonD1120

God and the Holy Spirit do not need someone to meet those requisites in order to accomplish His will on earth as it is in heaven. He made a donkey speak. He made an adulterous murderer the king of Israel.

Speaking of Biblical donkeys, I'm reminded of one of my favorite passages, it alway fills me with hope and inspiration:

Ezekiel 23:20: And there, she lust after her lovers who were hung like donkeys and who could cum like horses.

I wonder why that hasn't made it into any animated Bible stories for children?

Actually, I'm very impressed that someone could notice those suttle differences between a donkey and a horse.

So you know god's favour was on him because he succeeded? George Soros is phenomenally successful, is god's favour on him?

God and the Holy Spirit do not need someone to meet those requisites in order to accomplish His will on earth as it is in heaven.

Then the figure who puts god back in the foreground could be anyone. Why do you think it will be him? Would you have thought the same of Hillary if she had won?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

He is the anti Christ!
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

If I was Satan I would start the Anti-Abortion Party, try to merge with Republicans (like the Tea Party) and then get Evangelicals scared enough to vote me into office.

You know, if Satan were real and not some bullshit interpretation of a Hebrew word copied and translated countless times.

jclalor

Speaking of Biblical donkeys, I'm reminded of one of my favorite passages, it alway fills me with hope and inspiration:

Ezekiel 23:20: And there, she lust after her lovers who were hung like donkeys and who could cum like horses.

I wonder why that hasn't made it into any animated Bible stories for children?

Actually, I'm very impressed that someone could notice those suttle differences between a donkey and a horse.

And I thought you were making that up: http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/23-20.htm:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

See, Numbers 22:27 And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.
28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

jakee

So you know god's favour was on him because he succeeded? George Soros is phenomenally successful, is god's favour on him?

Then the figure who puts god back in the foreground could be anyone. Why do you think it will be him? Would you have thought the same of Hillary if she had won?

IMO, Satan's power is manifest in G. Soros.

I actually considered that God would allow Hillary to win as punishment upon a decadent nation. Trump's victory is what is causing us joy. God has given us another chance. We are praising Him.