jclalor

Trump refusing his daily intelligence briefings

quade

*********What in the world is he thinking?

That is the question you ask of the people who voted for him.

What other choice did they have?

Voting for virtually anyone else or even abstaining. They had quite a few options, however, if they voted for Trump, they voted for an unqualified and possibly dangerous person.

I wrote in Mickey Mouse. My wife, Condoleezza Rice. I would have voted for Ms. Rice but I could not spell her name. As I told a progressive friend of mine when she asked what should she tell her children, I said the election represented the triumph of stupid over evil.

brenthutch

As I told a progressive friend of mine when she asked what should she tell her children, I said the election represented the triumph of stupid over evil.

Evil might be subjective moral judgement based on ones point of view.

In this particular case, stupid seems pretty objective.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***As I told a progressive friend of mine when she asked what should she tell her children, I said the election represented the triumph of stupid over evil.

It depends on what your definition of "is" is.

brenthutch

******As I told a progressive friend of mine when she asked what should she tell her children, I said the election represented the triumph of stupid over evil.

Seriously? Do people really even consider that a big deal compared to what has gone on in just the last couple of weeks with Trump's flagrant indifference to conflict of interest?
quade -

quade

*********As I told a progressive friend of mine when she asked what should she tell her children, I said the election represented the triumph of stupid over evil.

Seriously? Do people really even consider that a big deal compared to what has gone on in just the last couple of weeks with Trump's flagrant indifference to conflict of interest?

LOL I almost took you seriously. Good one, you almost got me.:)

Come on, Paul. The alternative was a woman who was CARELESS WITH EMAILS!

Faicon9493

*********What in the world is he thinking?

If nothing else, YOU CHOOSE THE ONE WHO WILL NOT GIVE HATE GROUPS CAUSE TO CELEBRATE!

Yes

With Obama gone fewer cops may die.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

************What in the world is he thinking?

If nothing else, YOU CHOOSE THE ONE WHO WILL NOT GIVE HATE GROUPS CAUSE TO CELEBRATE!

Yes

You insult your intelligence.

Faicon9493

***************What in the world is he thinking?

Yes

With the dozens of White House visits by Black Lives Matter leaders and the stupid comments Obama has made about them makes the link easy to see. He has made some lukewarm comments addressing the violence but has not told the BLM crowd to stop inciting violence. Given the comments billvon has made regarding ownership of comments like BLM has made anyway.

Oh, and at least I have some intelligence to insult.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******************What in the world is he thinking?

Yes

With the dozens of White House visits by Black Lives Matter leaders and the stupid comments Obama has made about them makes the link easy to see. He has made some lukewarm comments addressing the violence but has not told the BLM crowd to stop inciting violence. Given the comments billvon has made regarding ownership of comments like BLM has made anyway.

Oh, and at least I have some intelligence to insult.

I rest my case.

quade

*********As I told a progressive friend of mine when she asked what should she tell her children, I said the election represented the triumph of stupid over evil.

The GOP was all over Hillary for claimed (but unproven) conflict of interest. Trump's case is way more blatant.

I wonder how the GOP will handle THAT. My *guess* is with a big dose of double standard.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

************What in the world is he thinking?

Yes

Speaking of fewer cops, I wonder how that whole "Blue lives matter" thing is going over at the Bundy homestead. Refresh my memory, who side were you on?

brenthutch

******What in the world is he thinking?

Someone qualified. If you didn't like the qualified candidate on the ballot, you could always write one in. Anyone check out Evan McMullin's resume? And the resume of his running mate? McMullin even pulled 20% in Utah, and only about two months after getting into the race. Impressive.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

The whole thing reminds me of one of the comments Kasich's aide made just after Pence was named to the ticket- Trump was offering Kaisch to be the most powerful VP ever since he was only interested in some aspects of the presidency and wanted to have the VP do the other parts. Basically only do the parts that he wanted and then delegate everything else to others. He was referring to it as the CEO vs COO plan. He wanted to turn the cabinet into a Board of Directors and then have the VP be a COO and do the day to day running of the country and the CEO would be the public face and set the direction for everyone else to go to. Everyone laughed at the time but it seems that is the plan that is now happening.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

So weird since for (I wanna say) decades (?) the GOP (both sides really) has (have) been bitching about the amount of power various presidents have grabbed away from Congress. But somehow they're (this time the GOP exclusively) are okay with the President being a figurehead (puppet) and the real work being done by the VP?
quade -

That would still keep the power in the executive branch. But the President would be trying to pass accountability onto underlings. Congress would regain no power.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

airdvr

So by "qualified" you mean anyone of the DC elite? The US I see today is a direct reflection of 30 years of being sold out by those same folks. I'll pass on them, TYVM.

I think she just meant somebody who can at least not behave like a toddler overnight.

Somebody who can handle the "responsibility" of twitter.

Somebody who has just a little thicker skin so the President cannot be so easily manipulated.

Somebody more like an adult.

airdvr

So by "qualified" you mean anyone of the DC elite? The US I see today is a direct reflection of 30 years of being sold out by those same folks. I'll pass on them, TYVM.

Do you understand what it means to be "elite"? It should not be an insult. I want my leaders to be elite people. Donald Trump does not have the attention span to function in the high pressure world he is about to enter. You can only hope that he has the wisdom to leave important decisions to those who do. But it is unlikely his enormous ego will allow him to stay out of the way at critical times. Your nation is potentially in great danger.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Your nation is potentially in great danger.

Being overly dramatic hurts your argument. And, I do understand what being "elite" means in DC. It's not the good thing you think it is.

Elites Are An Endangered Species
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmauldin/2016/11/17/elites-are-an-endangered-species/#3695f76f656d
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

gowlerk

***So by "qualified" you mean anyone of the DC elite? The US I see today is a direct reflection of 30 years of being sold out by those same folks. I'll pass on them, TYVM.

Do you understand what it means to be "elite"? It should not be an insult. I want my leaders to be elite people. Donald Trump does not have the attention span to function in the high pressure world he is about to enter. You can only hope that he has the wisdom to leave important decisions to those who do. But it is unlikely his enormous ego will allow him to stay out of the way at critical times. Your nation is potentially in great danger.

Examples of people who are...um...not elite (and not even close to it) are two of his possibles for Sec of DHS, the Sheriffs Joe Arpaio and David Clarke Jr. Both of these guys are hard hitting Sheriffs but in comparison they're just street level enforcers.

I've seen it before in many cases and organizations, there's someone who does a good job, the company gets by and then when it's time to hire some new staff or replace that person you realize that they're not even in the same league. Many people just do not know what they do not know. Many people have seen too many movies where the grunt gets put in charge of the Army and kicks ass up and down the street or the Secretary does her boss's job better than she does.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

>Being overly dramatic hurts your argument. And, I do understand what being
>"elite" means in DC. It's not the good thing you think it is.

As an indication of how gullible people are in the US, Trump has managed to convince people that he is not an elite.