brenthutch

Study finds no racial bias in police shootings

gowlerk

White America has long had a fear of black men. They are on average bigger and stronger than white men. And they have historically had good reason to resent white society.

Ya, primarily because of racist stereotypes like that, but if people want to harbor that resentment and make things worse, then that's on them - there is plenty of opportunity to unite. Shame on all of us if we don't.

gowlerk

Civic authorities have long felt that spending money on law enforcement in black areas is a good investment. While in the meantime property value based school taxes ensure that only in richer areas are schools fully funded. But, be assured, there is plenty of money to fund the insanely large prison system. So yes, the police and other authorities do unfairly target black society.

What do the police have to do with how money is spent?

...and if there is anything being targeted, it's crime. Are you surprised that cops are more suspicious/cautions in areas where the crime rate is 10x the national average?

I can see how it's perceived as racism, but it's not. We're just reaping the fruit of socioeconomic structure that has been sowed by a racist society that existed 50-100+ years ago.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

...and if there is anything being targeted, it's crime. Are you surprised that cops are more suspicious/cautions in areas where the crime rate is 10x the national average?

I can see how it's perceived as racism, but it's not. We're just reaping the fruit of socioeconomic structure that has been sowed by a racist society that existed 50-100+ years ago.

I agree with most of that. It is a form of racism. Racism is within all of us. We all perceive people who are racially different than us with at least a little more caution than we would those who are the same as us. This effect becomes lessened when we spend more time with each other and develop trust.

Which is another way of saying the same thing you did in the last sentence. We, including Canadians, still live in a racist society. But we no longer tolerate officially sanctioned apartheid type policies.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

In the case of Canadians I was referring mostly to our mistreatment of the native population. In America you can add Jim Crow to that.

I'm partly guessing at the meaning of your question.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

In the case of Canadians I was referring mostly to our mistreatment of the native population. In America you can add Jim Crow to that.

Jim Crow has been gone longer than the draft, you need to visit more.

brenthutch

***In the case of Canadians I was referring mostly to our mistreatment of the native population. In America you can add Jim Crow to that.

Yes, I know. That is what I meant when I said:

But we no longer tolerate officially sanctioned apartheid type policies.

I visit your country often. I spend about 1/3 of my days there.

rushmc

You like to bring up peer review.

Now I understand why

Would this be like Trump masquerading as his own publicist, or gun nut John Lott posing as "Mary Rosh" to write a review of his own book?

You've made it clear that you think breitbart is more reliable than the National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Engineering.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***You like to bring up peer review.

Now I understand why

Would this be like Trump masquerading as his own publicist, or gun nut John Lott posing as "Mary Rosh" to write a review of his own book?

You've made it clear that you think breitbart is more reliable than the National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Engineering.

Now a redirect
How predictable of you.

Point is

the is no racial bias regarding police shootings

And you wish to ignore that fact.
And his study is not the only one to come out and back that fact up this week.

This is a political fire storm lit to push a political agenda which you swallow.

Chew on it first
You might lean something.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

But there is racial bias regarding police use of non-deadly force.

I am only ignoring the redirect attempts.

I am focusing on the lie that white cops are killing unarmed blacks regularly when if fact it is rare.

And what you brought up is answered well up thread but you are ignoring that.

Why don't you like facts?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Deadly and non-deadly....what are the other options? What don't you get about the force part of law enFORCEment?

brenthutch

Deadly and non-deadly....what are the other options? What don't you get about the force part of law enFORCEment?

Some of use would like to see more emphasis on "protect and serve".

Hopefully actual police officers understand that the use of physical force should be a last resort in their jobs. You make it sound like every police encounter must end with the use of either lethal or non-lethal force. You were a soldier. Thank God you were never a cop.

- Dan G

brenthutch

***In the case of Canadians I was referring mostly to our mistreatment of the native population. In America you can add Jim Crow to that.

Fuck THAT -

He'd Bring that Canadian beer with him!

What are you thinking?:o:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

He'd Bring that Canadian beer with him!

You don't have to worry about that. Canadian beer is too expensive because of the taxes we pay to fund our healthcare system. Plus I'm in a commercial truck and carrying alcohol is strictly illegal.

SkyDekker

I am focusing on the lie that white cops are killing unarmed blacks regularly when if fact it is rare.

That wasn't part of the study. Learn to read.

Learn to be less insulting and civil.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If you think it is being casually dismissed it's only because you haven't been listening.

That's the most insane statement I've heard.

All the hysteria about the number of blacks killed by LEO........is NOTHING compared to the monthly number just killed in Chicago.

Your a very frequent poster here.....find me a thread that anywhere as long and as detailed as when a white cop is involved in a killing of a black man. Ferguson.....post after post after post .....hundreds. Now show me the post where all my liberal friends discuss as emotionally the black on black murder rate.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

If you think it is being casually dismissed it's only because you haven't been listening.

That's the most insane statement I've heard.

All the hysteria about the number of blacks killed by LEO........is NOTHING compared to the monthly number just killed in Chicago.

Your a very frequent poster here.....find me a thread that anywhere as long and as detailed as when a white cop is involved in a killing of a black man. Ferguson.....post after post after post .....hundreds. Now show me the post where all my liberal friends discuss as emotionally the black on black murder rate.

Or ANY other murder rate.

Coreeece

We're just reaping the fruit of socioeconomic structure that has been sowed by a racist society that existed 50-100+ years ago.

Not only that, but what was done to fix it. Many mistakes were made, some innocent with the best intentions but others were intentionally exploitive.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

So, you think that having trigger happy LEOs killing citizens should be tolerated because other people commit murder? The outrage comes from the fact that LEO's are not held accountable like those other murderers are.

Now do you get it?

gowlerk

So, you think that having trigger happy LEOs killing citizens should be tolerated because other people commit murder? The outrage comes from the fact that LEO's are not held accountable like those other murderers are.

Now do you get it?

I "got it" before.
I hate the hypocrisy, though.

You evidently think the hypocrisy is acceptable.

You do understand that the media is heavily to blame for the Dallas shootings?
They race bait as much as Al Sharpton.