Phil1111

Islamic State Members From the West Seek Help Getting Home

Should IS members who are terrorists, who belonged to a gang involved with mass executions, genocide, slave trading, etc. Be given help to return from the "battlefield". Or should Shia militias from Iraq-Iran and Assadists deal with them on the battlefield?

After all wouldn't that be Allah's will?

"Disenchanted Islamic State members recruited from the West have increasingly been contacting their governments and asking for help in getting home, according to diplomats and a Syrian network that aids defectors.

Some have turned up at diplomatic missions in Turkey, and others have sent furtive messages to their governments seeking assistance in escaping from territory the extremist group controls in neighboring Syria, according to the diplomats, who represent six Western missions in Turkey.

The calls for help from Westerners come as Islamic State loses ground and faces fresh assaults on its Raqqa stronghold and on Fallujah, Iraq, where it has ruled for more than two years."

Full story:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/islamic-state-members-from-the-west-seek-help-getting-home-1465244878

ryoder

Bring them back only on the provision they are sterilized.
We don't want morons reproducing.

Is that your opinion on all criminals?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Bring them back only on the provision they are sterilized.

No, just anyone stupid enough to voluntarily join ISIS.

I don't understand the nonsense of prosecuting fools who try to leave other countries to join them. If it was up to me, I'd give them a free one-way ride to the middle of ISIS territory. That would be the harshest possible punishment.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Bring them back only on the provision they are sterilized.

No, just anyone stupid enough to voluntarily join ISIS.

I don't understand the nonsense of prosecuting fools who try to leave other countries to join them. If it was up to me, I'd give them a free one-way ride to the middle of ISIS territory. That would be the harshest possible punishment.

You know all they really need is a hug and some Bernie love.

Let's have them emigrate here. We can "liberalize" them and they will all be happy, and fun loving people again.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

You know all they really need is a hug and some Bernie love.

Let's have them emigrate here. We can "liberalize" them and they will all be happy, and fun loving people again.

You bet. It's working for Europe, coed swimming pools are safe zones (maybe not compared to ivy league US universities, but similar), everybody is very comfy, holding hands and singing the Coca Cola song.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

But isn't what they did cut and dried treason (confessed)? If they want back, then apply the full weight of the law. But wait...our prisons are full and we don't want any more...and capital punishment is so un-PC now. Leave 'em to rot in the Mid-East and never allow them back in.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381

Elisha

But isn't what they did cut and dried treason (confessed)? If they want back, then apply the full weight of the law. But wait...our prisons are full and we don't want any more...and capital punishment is so un-PC now. Leave 'em to rot in the Mid-East and never allow them back in.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

Given that no war has been declared and we don't know if these idiots have been levying war against us or al Assad or some other of the myriad of groups over there, I think a treason charge would be hard to make stick.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***But isn't what they did cut and dried treason (confessed)? If they want back, then apply the full weight of the law. But wait...our prisons are full and we don't want any more...and capital punishment is so un-PC now. Leave 'em to rot in the Mid-East and never allow them back in.

Given that no war has been declared and we don't know if these idiots have been levying war against us or al Assad or some other of the myriad of groups over there, I think a treason charge would be hard to make stick.

There's also the two witness requirement:
"No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jimjumper

So, couldn't "confession in open court" be a conditional part of assistance in returning home?

Realistically, I doubt it. It would be easy enough to change their minds, with no deportation and no treason conviction.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

rehmwa

***You know all they really need is a hug and some Bernie love.

You bet. It's working for Europe, coed swimming pools are safe zones (maybe not compared to ivy league US universities, but similar), everybody is very comfy, holding hands and singing the Coca Cola song.

Now now. Depends what information they're offering in trade or can be persuaded to collect for help in "defecting." ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Help them get back to their home countries, then throw their dumb fucking asses in prison for a few years.

I must commend you for giving them a hell of a lot more consideration and charity than I would give them.

What would I do? It's not printable here.

Boomerdog

Help them get back to their home countries, then throw their dumb fucking asses in prison for a few years.

I must commend you for giving them a hell of a lot more consideration and charity than I would give them.

That WAS my PC consideration. I'm with you, personally, I'd do a lot worse to them. Fuck 'em.

Boomerdog

Look, the most PC role in society at the moment is Trans.

Why not give our erstwhile Daesh wannabes a chance at becoming poster children for LGBTO tolerance with a top-notch sex change (top and bottom).

According to various sources, sex changes are a GOOD thing, so you would be doing these guys a favor.

winsor

Why not give our erstwhile Daesh wannabes a chance at becoming poster children for LGBTO tolerance with a top-notch sex change (top and bottom).

According to various sources, sex changes are a GOOD thing, so you would be doing these guys a favor.

Yes. Make them ALL women. >:(

nolhtairt

Yes. Make them ALL women. >:(

Then send them back to ISIS. >:(:D:ph34r:
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

quade

They should be allowed to surrender to US officials and then immediately tried for treason. I have no problems with that.

And if you really want to get some societal benefit from them, make part of their sentence to be community service -- in the form of reporting to everyone what the monsters really are about, and what life is like under them. These guys have some atoning to do, and what better way than to help keep some other knucklehead from doing the same thing? Get the truth out there from those who fell for the lie. Include pictures.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!