rushmc

This Years Election Season Re-run

I will call them predictions but they really are not that hard to make. What I will list here has happened every 4 years on this site since I have been here.

First,
(and this one has already begun) Quade will start more posts than he usually does. These posts will be similar to the Goldwater thread he just started.
Second
Mods will invent more reasons to ban people
Third
The Republican candidates will be compared to Hitler and worse as the fear that this person might beat the Democratic candidate. This tactic will get more vitriolic as the chance of a Republican win increases.
Fourth
Republican supporters will be called stupid, uneducated and closed minded. And all the while the Democratic supporters will take the same kind of stand behind their candidate but they do not consider themselves to be any of the above.
Fifth
It will be claimed here and in the main stream media that the Republican party is in disarray and will not survive this candidate.
Sixth
The Republican candidates will be ripped for any mis-statement while the same kind of gaffs from a Democrat will be said to be just slip up. (Think of Biden and Quail)

I am sure there are more and many of these have already begun

What goes around comes around.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

First,
(and this one has already begun) rushmc will start more posts than he usually does. These posts will be similar to the This Years Election Season Re-run thread he just started.
Second
Conservative posters will complain about mods more
Third
The Democratic candidates will be compared to Castro and Marx and worse as the fear that this person might beat the Republican candidate. This tactic will get more vitriolic as the chance of a Democratic win increases.
Fourth
Democratic supporters will be called low-information, PC, and hypocritical. And all the while the Republican supporters will take the same kind of stand behind their candidate but they do not consider themselves to be any of the above.
Fifth
It will be claimed here and in the right wing media that the Democratic party is in disarray and will not survive this candidate.
Sixth
The Democratic candidates will be ripped for any mis-statement while the same kind of gaffs from a Republican will be said to be just slip up. (Think of Obama)

Too easy.

- Dan G

DanG

First,
(and this one has already begun) rushmc will start more posts than he usually does. These posts will be similar to the This Years Election Season Re-run thread he just started.
Second
Third
The Democratic candidates will be compared to Castro and Marx and worse as the fear that this person might beat the Republican candidate. This tactic will get more vitriolic as the chance of a Democratic win increases.
Fourth
Democratic supporters will be called low-information, PC, and hypocritical. And all the while the Republican supporters will take the same kind of stand behind their candidate but they do not consider themselves to be any of the above.
Fifth
It will be claimed here and in the right wing media that the Democratic party is in disarray and will not survive this candidate.
Sixth
The Democratic candidates will be ripped for any mis-statement while the same kind of gaffs from a Republican will be said to be just slip up. (Think of Obama)

Too easy.

Going to be fun to see who is closer!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

First,
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth

Too easy.

Going to be fun to see who is closer!

How did your predictions of the winner work out in 2008 and 2012?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

DanG

You misunderstood.

We were not in a ression. There is no such thing as a ression.

He never said we weren't in a recession.

It's funny reading that thread again 8 years later. All the right wing posters were unanimous in denial that there was a recession which turned out to be the worst in several generations. And, as usual, the rich just got richer.

rushmc

First,
(and this one has already begun) Quade will start more posts than he usually does. These posts will be similar to the Goldwater thread he just started.

God forbid anyone start a thread that makes people think about history repeating itself.

Marc, you're hilarious.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***First,

God forbid anyone start a thread that makes people think about history repeating itself.

Marc, you're hilarious.

I do not care what threads you start

but every 4 years about this time your posting volume increases.

that is all I said

Oh, and per my predictions, you think your posts to have value and anyone who posts something you do not agree with is a loon
Abraham Lincoln

but every 4 years about this time your posting volume increases.

I think that every 4 years about this time the volume of posts in the whole sub-forum increases.

Which isn't that unusual, considering that the forum is for politics talk and the US election is a big, interesting* political thing.

* By which I mean hilarious.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hi jakee,

* By which I mean hilarious.

It is entertaining, it is nutzy, and it is real.

IMO hilarious it is not. I think we will find that all those 'silent majority' bigots will be coming out in droves.

Maybe I'll laugh once The Donald loses big time to Ms. C. And I'll really have a good laugh if the D's grab contol of Congress.

Jerry Baumchen

I'll make a prediction. If Clinton wins, the hate spewed at her by Fox News, AM radio blowhards and the right wing click bait fringe websites will be off the charts. It will make what they have done to Obama the past 8 years look like child's play.

grimmie

I'll make a prediction. If Clinton wins, the hate spewed at her by Fox News, AM radio blowhards and the right wing click bait fringe websites will be off the charts. It will make what they have done to Obama the past 8 years look like child's play.

There is almost no person on the planet who could deal with it better though. I swear, she's been "training" her entire career for that aspect.
quade -

grimmie

+1 to this.

gowlerk

But I will so enjoy rubbing it all over the Turtle. I can't wait.

I don't think Turtle really cares who wins as long as he gets to play contrarian. As long as he thinks his posts are pissing off somebody, I think he thinks he's "winning" like Charlie Sheen.
quade -

quade

***But I will so enjoy rubbing it all over the Turtle. I can't wait.

I don't think Turtle really cares who wins as long as he gets to play contrarian. As long as he thinks his posts are pissing off somebody, I think he thinks he's "winning" like Charlie Sheen.

That may be true. He could be secretly hoping for a second Clinton regime to give him something to sink his teeth into. Snapping turtle style!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

quade

***I'll make a prediction. If Clinton wins, the hate spewed at her by Fox News, AM radio blowhards and the right wing click bait fringe websites will be off the charts. It will make what they have done to Obama the past 8 years look like child's play.

There is almost no person on the planet who could deal with it better though. I swear, she's been "training" her entire career for that aspect.

that is the funniest fucking thing posted all week:D:D

All she has trained for is to line her pockets by selling herself

Sure
She was worth $250k for a twenty minute speech. A speech she will not release the transcripts of.

I feel sorry for you Paul[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

******But I will so enjoy rubbing it all over the Turtle. I can't wait.

That may be true. He could be secretly hoping for a second Clinton regime to give him something to sink his teeth into. Snapping turtle style!

Not always.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rushmc

******I'll make a prediction. If Clinton wins, the hate spewed at her by Fox News, AM radio blowhards and the right wing click bait fringe websites will be off the charts. It will make what they have done to Obama the past 8 years look like child's play.

Sure
She was worth $250k for a twenty minute speech. A speech she will not release the transcripts of.

I will never understand a Republican accusing someone of making as much money as they can.

rushmc

******I'll make a prediction. If Clinton wins, the hate spewed at her by Fox News, AM radio blowhards and the right wing click bait fringe websites will be off the charts. It will make what they have done to Obama the past 8 years look like child's play.

Sure

So it's a problem when someone born into a modest middle class background makes money from her own efforts, but it's just fine to inherit a boatload of money like Donald and then, through four bankruptcies, stick others with the debts that you are responsible for.

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."

And, of course, the presumptive nominee of the party of family values has been through two divorces.

Republicans are very good at telling others how to live their lives (take responsibility, stand on your own feet, family values...) but piss-poor at doing it themselves.