RonD1120

40 Actions to Save America

We have one year to establish a foundational change in the governmental and political structure of America. I intend to start working actively to bring about such a change. As a start, I am going to begin with Michael Savage's plan for change as found in his book Government Zero, pp. 313-322. I offer them here for your consideration. If you have questions regarding Savage's reasoning I encourage you to read his book. He formulates compelling arguments.

1. Start an Nationalist Party.
2. Close the borders completely for seven years.
3. Deport all illegal aliens in American prisons.
4. Repeal the “Anchor Babies” law.
5. Make English the official language of the United States.
6. Require government-issued identification to vote.
7. Reintroduce civics classes to elementary and secondary schools.
8. Restore to active duty all military officers purged by Obama.
9. Restore physical standards in the military.
10. Restructure military spending.
11. Cut the rest of government significantly.
12. Repair our relations with Russia.
13. Sign a mutual defense treaty with Israel.
14. End all foreign aid, including to Israel.
15. Recognize radical Islam as the enemy.
16. Allow profiling in security investigations.
17. Demand Congress declare war against ISIS and destroy them.
18. Close all tax loopholes for Hollywood.
19. Fund all climate science research to include the skeptics.
20. Withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, if possible.
21. Withdraw from NAFTA.
22. Narrow the Federal Reserve's mandate to a strong dollar and stable prices.
23. End the H-1B visa program.
24. Institute a flat tax.
25. Reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act.
26. Reinstate the Wall Street “Uptick Rule.”
27. Privatize the regulation of Wall Street.
28. Institute tort reform.
29. Eliminate government employee pensions.
30. End affirmative action.
31. Defund federal unemployment benefits.
32. Limit welfare benefits.
33. End bulk collection of data by the NSA. (Maybe this has been accomplished a/o 9 Nov 2015.)
34. Make all state universities and colleges “free speech zones.”
35. Defend freedom of speech against radical Islam.
36. Restore freedom of religion in the military.
37. Defend religious freedom in business.
38. Restore religious freedom in schools.
39. Defend freedom of the press.
40. Oppose military exercises in our cities and towns.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

We have one year to establish a foundational change in the governmental and political structure of America.

Why one year?

I intend to start working actively to bring about such a change.

How?

If you have questions regarding Savage's reasoning

How many drugs was he on?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Making a foundational change in the government and structure turns it into something else, doesn't it? But hey, at least the trains will run on time :|

A few problems include:
1. if we close the borders completely, does that mean that Americans can't travel overseas? How about people coming to the US for tourism and/or medical, and/or business?
2. The "anchor babies" law is in the Constitution. That's kind of foundational to the US, I sort of thought.
3. I'm all over restoring civics classes.
4. Mutual defense with Israel? Isn't that kind of one-sided?
5. If radical Islam is the enemy, how can we tell the difference between radicals and "regulars?" Or do we just make Islam an illegal religion? Then there's that pesky Constitution again.
6. Could you clarify on profiling -- are we profiling only Muslims, only Arab Muslims, or should we include blacks, just in case they're hoodlums? How about hispanics, in case they're illegal? Then should we include intelligence tests, so that we can profile based on rank stupidity?
7. If we close all tax loopholes for Hollywood, shouldn't we close them for Wall Street as well, rather than turning over regulation of Wall Street to Wall Street?
8. Fund all climate science research, or only the skeptics?
9. With the ending of Affirmative Action, is there any recourse that anyone has to show that there is discrimination going on, or does it just suck then not to look like/be like the boss?
10. Free speech in universities is a good idea. So is free speech at gun ranges, and in small towns in north Georgia. There is free speech in these places -- it's just that it's not necessarily without consequences in any of them.
11. Does religious freedom in schools include the teacher leading the students in Christian prayers? How about if the teacher is an atheist, can she lead the students in a denial of God? Or maybe a Jewish teacher leading the students in a nice Jewish prayer? Never mind the Muslim teacher (although with the war on Islam and profiling, they may not be permitted anymore)

There are other issues. But this really is more a list of "make America like I remember it from when I was 13 and had a very small-world perspective because everyone I knew was just like me."

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy summed this up a wish for your 1950's America.

However, there are so many ill-thought ideas in the list above from the "crackpot" author, it doesn't really warrant much discussion.

Intriguing that a person could write up 40 ideas for publication, yet only hit maybe 3 as being well reasoned.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

That's a great list. Great if your goal is to destroy the American economy, that is. Tourism alone accounts for over 2 million jobs. No international trade? If no-one can do business in the US, why should they allow the US to do business in their country? No foreign trade would gut whole sectors of the economy.

I've got some good friends who work for the National Institutes of Health and the CDC. They could likely have earned much more in the private sector, but chose to work in a situation where their efforts could be applied to public health for everyone, not just paying customers. What have they done to be stripped of the pensions they have paid into for decades?

What military officers have been "purged" by Onama?

Don

That is a WASP agenda for purifying your country and returning it to an era when people like you and Savage felt comfortable in an insular cocoon. It's an manifesto of fear and cowardice. Much of it illegal. I'm going to ignore it now, because that's what it deserves.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

We have one year to establish a foundational change in the governmental and political structure of America. I intend to start working actively to bring about such a change. As a start, I am going to begin with Michael Savage's plan for change as found in his book Government Zero, pp. 313-322. I offer them here for your consideration. If you have questions regarding Savage's reasoning I encourage you to read his book. He formulates compelling arguments.

1. Start an Nationalist Party.
2. Close the borders completely for seven years.
3. Deport all illegal aliens in American prisons.
4. Repeal the “Anchor Babies” law.
5. Make English the official language of the United States.
6. Require government-issued identification to vote.
7. Reintroduce civics classes to elementary and secondary schools.
8. Restore to active duty all military officers purged by Obama.
9. Restore physical standards in the military.
10. Restructure military spending.
11. Cut the rest of government significantly.
12. Repair our relations with Russia.
13. Sign a mutual defense treaty with Israel.
14. End all foreign aid, including to Israel.
15. Recognize radical Islam as the enemy.
16. Allow profiling in security investigations.
17. Demand Congress declare war against ISIS and destroy them.
18. Close all tax loopholes for Hollywood.
19. Fund all climate science research to include the skeptics.
20. Withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, if possible.
21. Withdraw from NAFTA.
22. Narrow the Federal Reserve's mandate to a strong dollar and stable prices.
23. End the H-1B visa program.
24. Institute a flat tax.
25. Reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act.
26. Reinstate the Wall Street “Uptick Rule.”
27. Privatize the regulation of Wall Street.
28. Institute tort reform.
29. Eliminate government employee pensions.
30. End affirmative action.
31. Defund federal unemployment benefits.
32. Limit welfare benefits.
33. End bulk collection of data by the NSA. (Maybe this has been accomplished a/o 9 Nov 2015.)
34. Make all state universities and colleges “free speech zones.”
35. Defend freedom of speech against radical Islam.
36. Restore freedom of religion in the military.
37. Defend religious freedom in business.
38. Restore religious freedom in schools.
39. Defend freedom of the press.
40. Oppose military exercises in our cities and towns.

I may be Canadian, but here my response to your propoosals:

2. And collapse the import and export of all goods? The Anerican economy will collapse.
3. They are already being deported. The majority of illegal immigrants who at deleted are deported directly from the county jails where they were held for stupid minor crimes like drinking and speeding, or drinking and brawling, or drinking and wife-bearing or drinking and petty theft. Stupid criminals deserve to be deported back to the worst "Hole of Calcutta" in the country of their birth.
Similarly, any immigrants - who claim religious or political motivation - for violent crimes deserve to deported to the worst "Hole of Calcutta" in their country of birth.
Finally, any "home-grown" jihadists deserve a free ride to the trenches surrounding Aleppo .... and their ankle should be chained to that trench, so they can die a martyr's death.
5. agreed. And force all long-term residents to learn to speak English.
12. Repair relations with a murderous dictator???
13. Only if it is funded by Jews living in America .... Oh! Wait a minute! Doesn't that clash with number 3?
27. Slam into reverse! .... Allow foxes to regulate the hen-house?

28. Yeah! Finally a point we can agree on. Force tort lawyers to focus on "making the victim whole." Also force courts to limit secondary damages by limiting the number of years a tort lawsuit can drag through the courts. e. g. "if the case drags beyond the 3 year anniversary, the wounded gets all the compensation he originally asked for.
In reality, we should pray that Obamacare will starve out all the ambulance-chasing lawyers, because once your major medical bills have been paid (and you are healthy) the incentive for suing drops dramatically.
33. End bulk data collection by telecommunications companies. Good luck on that one! Hah! Hah!
40. Limiting mitary exercises in American cities limits American soldiers fighting overseas. More than half of this planet's human populations live in cities. Recent fighting on Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, etc. required American soldiers to fight on foot in built up areas. Maybe limit military exercises to abandoned neighbourhoods on Detriot? Declare them free-fire zones. Use American Army artillery to level abandoned building vs in the name of slum-clearance, urban-renewal, or whatever the politically-courteous term is this week.

Finally, revise the Second Amendment to allow freedom to carry muzzle-loading muskets. All more recently-invented weapons would require training, paper-trails, etc. Oh! And civilians would be restricted to smaller magazines than police.

SkyDekker

He formulates compelling arguments. Followed by the list.

That's some funny shit. Will you be around all week? Should I try the veal?

Yes. You should.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

AndyBoyd

America doesn't need saving. It's doing just fine. And it will continue to do just fine going forward. Relax.

IMO, the legal profession is on top of the heap. Attorneys make a living from the chaos.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***America doesn't need saving. It's doing just fine. And it will continue to do just fine going forward. Relax.

IMO, the legal profession is on top of the heap. Attorneys make a living from the chaos.

So does Michael Savage, apparently.

BTW, you never said how you're going to be working to make that stuff happen...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What happens if you form a nationalist party, and it's just a fringe party that no one actually pays attention to? Do you then take the power, to show people how good life was back in the 50's? (as long as you were white, male, and plugged in to the system)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

What happens if you form a nationalist party, and it's just a fringe party that no one actually pays attention to? Do you then take the power, to show people how good life was back in the 50's? (as long as you were white, male, and plugged in to the system)

Wendy P.

There is a difference in taking all of the 50s and implanting that here in this time.

What I believe the spirit of the 50 thing is to bring back the work ethic and the best parts of the moral ethics found in that era.

It would need to be tempered with today's tech savvy people.

That, the tech, would eliminate the possibility of the 50s mindset anyway.

Remember the old picture of the video phone developed by ATT?
No, not the only one, but the one I have experience with.
( my grandfather helped in the design and attempted implementation)

The US government wouldn't allow AT&T to market it to the general public.
It was too advanced for what they considered safe. It was also able to be "hacked" too easily.

So our illustrious government denied its production and sale.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

What I believe the spirit of the 50 thing is to bring back the work ethic and the best parts of the moral ethics found in that era.

Followed by:

The US government wouldn't allow AT&T to market it to the general public.
It was too advanced for what they considered safe. It was also able to be "hacked" too easily.

I think I will try the veal, the comedy is strong in this tread.

That's not accurate at all.
The government had nothing to do with the failure of the 2500 VideoPhone from AT&T.
Signal 7 switches were incapable of transmitting uncompressed video formats at that time. Very few corporations were willing to attempt that over POTS networks nor paying for very expensive ADSL lines at that time. Remember how out of sequence voice was when VoIP phones were first popping up? Watching out of synch Japanese movies with voice overs were fun, communicating that way, not so much.
Besides, who wanted a $2500 phone back then?
It WAS a magnitude of development over what the Germans invented though. :P
CODECS allowed the eventual successes as well as packet-switching networks allowing sufficient speeds and bandwidths.
The market was to blame, not the government.

normiss

That's not accurate at all.
The government had nothing to do with the failure of the 2500 VideoPhone from AT&T.
Signal 7 switches were incapable of transmitting uncompressed video formats at that time. Very few corporations were willing to attempt that over POTS networks nor paying for very expensive ADSL lines at that time. Remember how out of sequence voice was when VoIP phones were first popping up? Watching out of synch Japanese movies with voice overs were fun, communicating that way, not so much.
Besides, who wanted a $2500 phone back then?
It WAS a magnitude of development over what the Germans invented though. :P
CODECS allowed the eventual successes as well as packet-switching networks allowing sufficient speeds and bandwidths.
The market was to blame, not the government.

I guess old grandpa lied to me.

Wanna call him and ask?

He was also one of the designer/Implementer of their punch card computer system.

normiss

Well, now you've gone back much earlier then.
Were you referring to the Picture Phone from AT&T?
Nobody wanted to LEASE those.
;)
Punch card systems go WAYYY back.

The tech he was using came out about the same time.the VO after the punch cards.

He said it was going to be simple to fix the problem, but the fed stone walled them, denied permits, recalled previous permits, gave them red tape the size of Texas, basically made it impossible for the, to market and/or lease the equipment affordably.

The people in the know we're told that this was happening. Smile and nod, smile and nod. AT&T execs said, we will do what we want, and the Fed said, No You Won't . . . Fed won.

That is the story I got from him.

>Remember the old picture of the video phone developed by ATT?
>No, not the only one, but the one I have experience with.
>( my grandfather helped in the design and attempted implementation)

>The US government wouldn't allow AT&T to market it to the general public.
>It was too advanced for what they considered safe. It was also able to be
>"hacked" too easily.

The US government had no problem with AT&T selling it to the general public. The phone lines of the time simply couldn't support the bandwidth needed. A few were indeed sold, but only to places that had the money and resources to install dedicated video lines. Grand Central Station had a few, as did about a dozen big companies. They weren't that popular due to their cost.

It wasn't until the 1990's that video phones that could run on POTS lines (i.e. conventional phone lines) were available.

billvon

>Remember the old picture of the video phone developed by ATT?
>No, not the only one, but the one I have experience with.
>( my grandfather helped in the design and attempted implementation)

>The US government wouldn't allow AT&T to market it to the general public.
>It was too advanced for what they considered safe. It was also able to be
>"hacked" too easily.

The US government had no problem with AT&T selling it to the general public. The phone lines of the time simply couldn't support the bandwidth needed. A few were indeed sold, but only to places that had the money and resources to install dedicated video lines. Grand Central Station had a few, as did about a dozen big companies. They weren't that popular due to their cost.

It wasn't until the 1990's that video phones that could run on POTS lines (i.e. conventional phone lines) were available.

Haven't you been paying attention? It's Obama's fault.