2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

Let me clarify my position. I am in favor of reducing, even eliminating, firearm related fatalities. What I am not in favor of is restricting individual rights, (specifically the 2nd amendment)

But it's like love and marriage, or a horse and carriage. You can't have one without the other. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Yes, YOU will have to give up something. Come on, you're a big man, you can do it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>Are you scared if you have an AAD, wear a seatbelt, have a smoke alarm, spare tire?
>Are you paranoid if you have an AAD, wear a seatbelt, have a smoke alarm, spare tire??

If you carry your AAD/seatbelt/smoke alarm/spare tire everywhere you go because "you never know" and "you'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six" then yes - I think most people would say you were both scared and paranoid, and a visit to a psychiatrist would be in order.

Clearly you don't understand how many innocent children you can mass murder with an AAD.
Intentionally.

Dude those seatbelts, you can sit up high in a hotel suite in Vegas and hit hundreds of people within seconds!
Intentionally.

We won't even have the smoke alarm discussion. The carnage is unimaginable.
(especially without the detector)

Today is the 14th American school shooting in 2018.
It’s February 1st.

Oh, and it's just dead kids, so I apologize for interrupting anything more important going on in your world.
I keep forgetting we don't care about murdered innocent children.

Today's shooter is a 12yr old girl. Damn, no evil Muslim terrorist again!

In reading the story, I see the usual "thoughts & prayers" bullshit then the acticle notes they don't know how she got a gun - yeah? like it's difficult to find a gun in the US.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Just watched the first part of the NBC Evening News; they oddly spent more time on how not to catch the flu at the Superbowl than on getting shot at school.

Priorities?

normiss

Today is the 14th American school shooting in 2018.
It’s February 1st.

Oh, and it's just dead kids, so I apologize for interrupting anything more important going on in your world.

This would never have happened if more people had more guns. Of all types. And could carry them everywhere at all times.
There is nothing wrong with this. It can't be stopped. Cows are more dangerous.

etc etc.

You know what fucking SUCKS? I've got a 1 year old and I'm forced to play big-sky-theory with him in the HOPE that the statistically likely school killings happen in schools other than the ones he's going to go to.

There is literally fuck all I can do about it.

One single school shooting in the UK united the entire country to do something to prevent it ever happening again. 22 years on and there have been 0 school shootings since.
How did the US ever get to the point where 14 mass murders happen in schools across the nation in a month and people just shrug and move on? It's sick.

yoink

***Today is the 14th American school shooting in 2018.
It’s February 1st.

This would never have happened if more people had more guns. Of all types. And could carry them everywhere at all times.
There is nothing wrong with this. It can't be stopped. Cows are more dangerous.

I wonder what those apologists would have said had the situation been different: someone else DID have a firearm, and shot that 12-yr-old girl dead.

She said it was an accident (I imagine she meant that the gun went off, or she thought it wasn't loaded and just wanted to scare them, etc). Presuming away any other details that are going to come out, I ask rhetorically: is the death penalty, with no option for appeal, an appropriate sentence for a 12 y.o., for what she thinks was an "accident"?
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Apparently she dropped her backpack and it went off. So whoever she got it from didn't have the safety on, or there's more to the story.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've got to call "Shenanigans"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42914571

You can accidentally shoot 1-2 people, but accidentally shooting 5 people? Didn't know it was a real gun? I'll bet this story would have a different spin if he she had darker skin or wore a hijab.

Just after the arrest there was a photo of her, but it seems the net has been scrubbed clean - she looked like your standard-issue suburb school girl.

Besides our resident gun nuts here on SC have educated us on how guns don't just accidently discharge.

>Apparently she dropped her backpack and it went off.

Hmm. ABC is reporting something different now:

=============
A seventh-grader who was in the classroom at the time of the shooting said he believed the shooting was accidental. "They thought it was a toy gun, but then it shot," Benjamin Urbina said, describing a "big pop" after the firearm went off.

The boy said the girl who was holding the gun "didn't mean to" shoot the 15-year-old girl who was injured.
=============

Finally, someone was charged with providing a mass murderer the tools to pull off a mass shooting.
The man who sold ammunition to the Las Vegas shooter was charged with manufacturing armor-piercing bullets.
Now to see if he gets at least 10 years.

Haig was charged with manufacturing armor-piercing bullets without a licence, based on two unused rounds found in Paddock's arsenal. If he is convicted, this carries up to a 5-year prison term. No armor-piercing rounds were used during the massacre. He also sold Paddock some tracer rounds, which also were not used in the massacre. None of the ammunition actually used by Paddock was sold to him by Haig.

It's frustrating to everyone that the perpetrator of the Las Vegas massacre can't be punished as he killed himself. Sticking someone who had nothing to do with what happened in jail for 10 years would only compound the tragedy.

Don

phantomII

Just to make sure I understand the american culture / mentality.

If we see a nipple during the Super Bowl show tonight, there will be a national outcry and crisis tomorrow.
Another mass shooting next week will be just one more for the statistics........

A pretty accurate summation.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

phantomII

Just to make sure I understand the american culture / mentality.

If we see a nipple during the Super Bowl show tonight, there will be a national outcry and crisis tomorrow.
Another mass shooting next week will be just one more for the statistics........

That's right. School shootings are an unfortunate side effect of the wonderful freedoms American offers. Like any culture, blood offerings are simply a requirement.

Now, seeing a nipple will scar a young boy for life. One cannot imagine the untold horrors and scarring this boy will have. While I cheer with my boy seeing the opponent getting his head bashed in and creating the next murderer through CET, I cannot cope with having him see a nipple.

We must have them follow the insanity of religious insanity to celebrate the death.
Those religion people REALLY look forward to the reward of death for some strange reason.
Both for the believers and the torture they think is waiting for the non-believers.

We can't have them enjoying all the pleasurable and magical experiences that life has to offer.
There must be pain, consequences, fear, and GUNS!!!