rushmc

Planned Parenthood and the term "slippery slope" .

I would think it would be offensive to anyone that is not a sociopath, or otherwise devoid of emotion.

You've worked hard to show you are a reasonable compassionate person. Then you call me a sociopath. I'm pretty sure I am not, but if I was I suppose I would deny it......
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I would think it would be offensive to anyone that is not a sociopath, or otherwise devoid of emotion.

You've worked hard to show you are a reasonable compassionate person. Then you call me a sociopath. I'm pretty sure I am not, but if I was I suppose I would deny it......

I am pretty sure that there are aspects of the procedures involved that you would find offensive.

Perhaps it is the date associated with the procedure wrt development.
Is this offensive?

Perhaps it is the way the procedure is performed, the ways and means.

Perhaps it is the mental stress and depression that almost always follows the procedure.

I don't think you are that far removed that none of the aspects of abortion offend you.

Besides, I wasn't calling you specifically "sociopath".

There are probably more of those out there than I would like to know about, but few enough that I have faith in humanity as a whole to still have emotions.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

There go the goal posts again.
sigh
:S

Let's use one word, then twist it into multiple variables based on a belief system.
Because that's not how medical procedures happen.

I have yet to see anyone here mention how much they love late term abortions.

>I am pretty sure that there are aspects of the procedures involved that you
>would find offensive.

Bowel resection is pretty offensive; they are removing a big chunk of your bowel, and it's full of the usual stuff that bowel is full of. Usually there is absolutely no reason to do it. But sometimes it's the best of several bad options.

Is this offensive?

Those are gross ugly pictures designed to offend. Abortions preformed that look like that are only done for a few reasons. But bloody pictures from earlier abortions can be just as gross. The use of shock pictures to define this issue is offensive to me.

This misuse of pictures as well as the presumption that women who have abortions will go through life as sufferers offends me. The idea that a religious or moral imperative of others should be all that matters here offends me. The idea that a woman should be treated as a child and not be allowed her right to privacy and her own decision offends me. The fact that some men, and it's always men, can decide to kill people over their feeling about this offends me.

And the fact that you consider people not offended by what offends you to be sociopaths offends me as well. I have a good understanding of what abortion is without being shown pictures of medical procedures. I am a grown thinking man. I am not offended by abortion and I am neither a sociopath nor devoid of emotion. You may find that a little challenging to get your head around, but it's true.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I too am not offended by abortion.

But I am saddened by it.

Abortion is a procedure that is abused (looking at the sheer numbers) in this country.

To many, that is ok I guess[:/]

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

turtlespeed

I agree. I'm not even trying to lobby that the law be changed. I simply stated my opinion on the subject.

I am just trying to figure out when it isn't murder in your opinion. Plan B, is that murder? IUD, is that murder? Obesity is that murder?

When does it go from simply preventing to murder in your opinion?

If you take the risk, take the responsibility.

Puppies and kittens included.

Nice motherhood statement, just doesn't answer the question.

Not surprising. You sure you and Rush don't share the same computer?

I too am not offended by abortion.
But I am saddened by it.
Abortion is a procedure that is abused (looking at the sheer numbers) in this country.

I agree; it is too often used as a method of birth control rather than the last resort in an otherwise impossible situation. I am glad it's available, but I wish we could reduce the need for it. Wider availability of contraception, better education on contraception/STD's for both sexes and better support for women's health has brought it down some (down 30% since 1985) but we still have a ways to go.

normiss

Sounds like solid reasons to actually support Planned Parenthood.

There are many other organizations out there that do a better job
And remember
Defunding PP did not take the money away from those reasons
It transferred the money to those other organizations that do not do abortions but did cover the other programs
Abraham Lincoln

PP has not actually been defunded has it? As far as I know that's still on the right wing wish list.

normiss

While it's almost impossible to make sense of that gibberish, Planned Parenthood has not been defunded.

Correct
They planned to move those dollars to other organizations to help with the same programs PP supposedly used those dollars for. So the uproar about defunding PP was all a lie
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

PP has not actually been defunded has it? As far as I know that's still on the right wing wish list.

No
See my reply to normiss
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Sounds like solid reasons to actually support Planned Parenthood.

And remember
It transferred the money to those other organizations that do not do abortions but did cover the other programs

?

normiss

Yet you claimed it was.
The defunding was as much a lie as the videos that started all this nonsense.
I'm disappointed those responsible have yet to be charged for a crime. Certainly smells like one.

I did not mean to claim it was defunded
Hell, I know it was not

No crimes committed other than in your mind
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

******Sounds like solid reasons to actually support Planned Parenthood.

And remember

?

Ok
The bill (plan) to defund PP would not have taken money away from those programs currently funded
Abraham Lincoln

>Sounds like solid reasons to actually support Planned Parenthood.

And similar organizations. It is currently politically incorrect to support Planned Parenthood because of the doctored videos, but the Patty Brisben foundation, the International Women's Health Coalition, Healthy Women, the WHO etc all help women with sexual health including birth control and education.

normiss

It most certainly would have had it passed.
That was the entire meaning behind the effort.

Why are facts so difficult for you?

Prime example of the subject of another thread in SC. He believes opposition to his points is further proof that his points are valid.