Amazon

SCOTUS Ya'll can get your gay weddings now.

kallend

Yet another good reason for body cameras.
Who wouldn't want to see video of two red-faced hypocrites caught with their pants down, literally.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

winsor

***Someone else who resisted a federal court order on account of personal feelings:

img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_908w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/09/01/National-Politics/Images/Merlin_1249537.jpg&w=1484

"Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever,"

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

Abraham Lincoln

So does this mean we should ban the historic 35 star US flags as racist? :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

ryoder

Yet another good reason for body cameras.
Who wouldn't want to see video of two red-faced hypocrites caught with their pants down, literally.:D

This incident needs an expression. You know, something like "I was hiking on the Appalachian Trail." :ph34r:

Bolas

******Someone else who resisted a federal court order on account of personal feelings:

img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_908w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/09/01/National-Politics/Images/Merlin_1249537.jpg&w=1484

"Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever,"

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

Abraham Lincoln

So does this mean we should ban the historic 35 star US flags as racist? :P

Nope. I say we should do nothing as a knee-jerk reaction to cries of "racism!"

Having looked long and hard at the subject, those who rail on the subject have engendered antipathy, rather than sympathy, on my part.

I find 'diversity,' 'affirmative action,' and 'political correctness' every bit as offensive as proponents of these enlightened stances might find the things they so staunchly oppose.

In practice, I have found reprobate bikers with swastika tattoos to be more open minded than 'progressives.'

I am generally indifferent to race per se. However, I have little use for anyone whose sole claim to fame is being a White Christian or an Indignant Negro or whatever. If David Duke and Al Sharpton simultaneously choked on chicken bones, the world would be a better place.

BSBD,

Winsor

ryoder

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html

Judge Bunning said Ms. Davis, who is an elected official, would be released once she agreed to comply with his order and issue the marriage licenses.

Good!
Of course the other obvious option is for her to resign, so someone can take the position, who is capable of doing the job.

Can anyone explain why this is an elected position in the first place? As this incident shows she's a bureaucrat - a paper pusher not a policy maker.

Wouldn't it be far cheaper and easier if the county just, y'know, hired someone competent?:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html

Judge Bunning said Ms. Davis, who is an elected official, would be released once she agreed to comply with his order and issue the marriage licenses.

Good!
Of course the other obvious option is for her to resign, so someone can take the position, who is capable of doing the job.

Can anyone explain why this is an elected position in the first place? As this incident shows she's a bureaucrat - a paper pusher not a policy maker.

Wouldn't it be far cheaper and easier if the county just, y'know, hired someone competent?:S

Well since her son is also a clerk I am betting there is some severe nepotism... like many positions in many counties in "murica".. and I am pretty sure that kind of thing would never happen in the UK right????;)

Now that she is settling down for the long haul..... perhaps a new "husband" is on order

Amazon

******http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html

Good!

Well since her son is also a clerk I am betting there is some severe nepotism... like many positions in many counties in "murica".. and I am pretty sure that kind of thing would never happen in the UK right????;)

In the UK it's called the Royal Family, and the problem has been solved by making sure that they don't do anything except launch ships and open museums.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

Apparently it's impossible to be christian without hating half of humanity.
Retards. They make such an impression for Kentucky schools too.

I always thought it was normal to not impose my beliefs on others.
I still do.
Fuck your god of hate.

You are doing the same

Yes, you are forcing your beliefs on others

Oh the humanity......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Apparently it's impossible to be christian without hating half of humanity.
Retards. They make such an impression for Kentucky schools too.

I always thought it was normal to not impose my beliefs on others.
I still do.
Fuck your god of hate.

I look at it like they hate asmuch as you do.

It is a belief. And those that are trying to force their beliefs in them are in the wrong in their eyes.

Is it right in my opinion, no. Is what you do right in their opinion, no.

I don't think they hate as much as you put forth that they do, anymore than you hate them for having beliefs.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

While that sounds all lovely and fair and I know you want to be overly PC about it, but you're wrong. It's not the same.

Normiss isn't out there preventing her from getting married (again) because she's a bigoted fundamentalist idiot, and neither is anyone else. There's no equivalency there.

jakee

While that sounds all lovely and fair and I know you want to be overly PC about it, but you're wrong. It's not the same.

Normiss isn't out there preventing her from getting married (again) because she's a bigoted fundamentalist idiot, and neither is anyone else. There's no equivalency there.

And now you are trying to force your opinion on me.

She's in jail, Normiss is not.

Yet both of you have ideas and opinions in the same way as that stupid clerk, but you are free to express yours.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

And now you are trying to force your opinion on me.

No I'm not. Honestly, what a stupid thing to say. I'm talking to you. I'm not forcing you to listen.

She's in jail, Normiss is not.

Yes, because she chose (indeed, campaigned for!) a job which carries certain legal obligations which she now refuses to fulfill. That's on her alone.

Yet both of you have ideas and opinions in the same way as that stupid clerk, but you are free to express yours.

Indeed. Just as she is free to express her opinions. But she isn't free to refuse to carry out her legal responsibilities, just as I would not be if I had her position. See? That's the equivalancy. Not the PC nonsense you're saying.

Hi folks,

This is not addressed to you jakee, it is just regarding this issue.

Oregon's somewhat same version: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2015/09/03/marion-county-judge-refuses-perform-same-sex-marriages/71665314/?csp=nbcnews

I'm thinking he will be removed from office. Only time will tell,

Jerry Baumchen

jakee

...Indeed. Just as she is free to express her opinions. But she isn't free to refuse to carry out her legal responsibilities, just as I would not be if I had her position. See? That's the equivalancy. Not the PC nonsense you're saying.

I'd love to see the reaction from all of Davis' defenders if, say, a Muslim DMV employee refused to give Driver's Licenses to women because it was "against his religion."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Something I saw on FB yesterday:

"She isn't in jail for her beliefs;
She is jail for using her political office to force her beliefs on others."

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not in any way.
I'd gladly sign off on her and her next inbred husband's marriage license without any concern whatsoever.
Some people's obsession with what others do with their hearts and genitals is deeply troubling to me.
You're more than welcome to believe in the Easter bunny religion for all I care. Right up until you use that stooped rabbit to block fellow citizens from their constitutional rights.
That. Is retarded.
Illegal
Unconstitutional