Driver1

The Texas Biker Gang Massacre

turtlespeed

******I know that the burden of proof is pretty low on these hearings, but this low?
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin_peaks_biker_shooting/judge-rules-biker-wife-jailed-with-sufficient-probable-cause-in/article_7f6da5d8-b70f-55fc-9cd3-6f7dc9d56964.html

Nope-no real criminal record. Nope-we have never heard of this group in any context. Nope-we haven't seen anything before or since that indicates any criminal behavior. But but but they wore a small patch that scared me. :S

Must suck to get discriminated against purely based on your appearance.

How would you know?

I've been stopped by cops for looking like Darth Vader on an outlaw Harley.

One cop was giving me a hard time, but the cop who showed up for backup started off with "nice bike." The conversation with the motorcyclist cop (GS1100) got into the nuances of staying alive on two wheels in Philadelphia traffic, which annoyed the first cop to no end.

I had another cop who was apologetic when it turned out that I was unaffiliated, saying that the Breed or some such were having a get-together in town, and that he just wanted to ensure that I wasn't a participant in the festivities.

I am careful to avoid wearing anything that seems like colors or is otherwise makes a statement, since there are too many people out there who care a lot. Unlike them, the particulars of motorcycle riding do not define me.

I am not sympathetic when wannabes get the shit beaten out of them for pretending to be badasses. Frat boys at my alma mater would routinely get hospitalized for insulting Harley's in biker bars. You'd have thought that they would know better, but I don't think any of them did it twice.

In any event, been there, done that, got a mess of tee shirts.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

*********I know that the burden of proof is pretty low on these hearings, but this low?
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin_peaks_biker_shooting/judge-rules-biker-wife-jailed-with-sufficient-probable-cause-in/article_7f6da5d8-b70f-55fc-9cd3-6f7dc9d56964.html

Nope-no real criminal record. Nope-we have never heard of this group in any context. Nope-we haven't seen anything before or since that indicates any criminal behavior. But but but they wore a small patch that scared me. :S

How would you know?

One cop was giving me a hard time, but the cop who showed up for backup started off with "nice bike." The conversation with the motorcyclist cop (GS1100) got into the nuances of staying alive on two wheels in Philadelphia traffic, which annoyed the first cop to no end.

I had another cop who was apologetic when it turned out that I was unaffiliated, saying that the Breed or some such were having a get-together in town, and that he just wanted to ensure that I wasn't a participant in the festivities.

I am careful to avoid wearing anything that seems like colors or is otherwise makes a statement, since there are too many people out there who care a lot. Unlike them, the particulars of motorcycle riding do not define me.

I am not sympathetic when wannabes get the shit beaten out of them for pretending to be badasses. Frat boys at my alma mater would routinely get hospitalized for insulting Harley's in biker bars. You'd have thought that they would know better, but I don't think any of them did it twice.

In any event, been there, done that, got a mess of tee shirts.

BSBD,

Winsor

A true Peter Fonda?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******I know that the burden of proof is pretty low on these hearings, but this low?

How would you know?

My boyish good looks often get me preferential treatment.

SkyDekker

*********I know that the burden of proof is pretty low on these hearings, but this low?

How would you know?

My boyish good looks often get me preferential treatment.

Hahahahaa. . . I just imagined the blue oyster bar.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

winsor

I used to say that, even though I didn't watch the show, I could tell when the new SOA season started by the increase in times I got followed or pulled over. Oddly enough, same guy-same bike-but now no patch and it doesn't happen nearly as often. On the flip side very few of the interactions were negative. I am legal and tried to be polite and that seemed to go a long way. Mostly it was "What's that?" "Some people call it a getback whip" "What's it for?" "Decoration" "Are you sure that's legal?" "It is in this state. I've heard not in California but you know how weird the west coast is" :D
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

futuredivot

I used to say that, even though I didn't watch the show, I could tell when the new SOA season started by the increase in times I got followed or pulled over. Oddly enough, same guy-same bike-but now no patch and it doesn't happen nearly as often. On the flip side very few of the interactions were negative. I am legal and tried to be polite and that seemed to go a long way. Mostly it was "What's that?" "Some people call it a getback whip" "What's it for?" "Decoration" "Are you sure that's legal?" "It is in this state. I've heard not in California but you know how weird the west coast is" :D

I didn't know you had a tassel on your bike.:)
:P

futuredivot

I had to do something to go with the wicker basket

Just tell me you didn't get rid often ringy ringy bell.

I love this from the article:

Schwartz said they wore patches that said they support the Bandidos, so that tells him they are at least “somewhat involved in criminal activity.”

:S

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

futuredivot

http://www.gq.com/story/untold-story-texas-biker-gang-shoot-out

Still wondering why no major news service is paying any attention.

I would hazard a guess its because these bikers are considered 1 percenters, and the public perception of them are harsh enough as it is.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

***http://www.gq.com/story/untold-story-texas-biker-gang-shoot-out

Still wondering why no major news service is paying any attention.

I would hazard a guess its because these bikers are considered 1 percenters, and the public perception of them are harsh enough as it is.

Bingo. It was headlines when it happened, but none of the 'citizens' care about it.

The way the accused have been treated, the way the cops have basically whitewashed their part, the whole damned thing is appalling.

But, sorta like how the shootings of black men by the police were ignored until Ferguson blew up, this isn't going to attract any mainstream attention.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>Still wondering why no major news service is paying any attention.

Google News search for "Waco biker shootout" - about 13,200 results

Top results:

The Untold Story of the Texas Biker Gang Shoot-Out
GQ Magazine-10 hours ago

Harker Heights Twin Peaks closes
Waco Tribune-Herald-Sep 28, 2015

Police Bullets Hit Bikers During the Waco Shootout
The Atlantic-Sep 22, 2015

Attorneys Blast Waco Judge for Million Dollar Bonds in Biker Shootout
KWBU Texas Public Radio -Sep 28, 2015

Clarity remains elusive four months after Waco biker shootout
MyStatesman.com-Sep 24, 2015

33 Bikers Fight Gag Order in Waco Biker Shooting
NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth-Sep 25, 2015

Capitol rally draws critics of police response to Waco biker shootout
MyStatesman.com-Sep 26, 2015

Bikers rally at Capitol for those arrested in Waco shootout
FOX 7 Austin-Sep 26, 2015

Evidence shows Waco police bullets hit bikers in May shootout
Chicago Tribune-Sep 18, 2015

Waco biker gang shootout: Police bullets hit bikers in May melee
In-Depth-NOLA.com-Sep 18, 2015

Waco-area officials under scrutiny in biker shootout case
Dallas Morning News-Sep 13, 2015

Texas Officials Under Scrutiny for Biker Shootout Case
ABC News-Sep 13, 2015

Secrecy surrounds Waco biker shootout investigation
CBS News-Sep 13, 2015

billvon

33 Bikers Fight Gag Order in Waco Biker Shooting
NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth-Sep 25, 2015

WTF???:S
If I wasn't already suspicious of the authorities version of events, that alone would make me think something is fishy.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yep-mostly limited distribution outlet. The very few network pieces are no investigation/repeat the WPC press release stuff while a single guy robs a store, charges a cop and gets shot and it was all over the news for months.
Peoples lives were trashed for being in the vicinity of a crime. A JoP files probably illegal warrants and sets unjustified bail. The cop that swore the warrants admits in court he was lying. Most things point to at least notable amount of CYA by Waco PD. ATF as an independent investigator is a joke. They've already been slapped down several times for creating cases against bikers where there was none.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

futuredivot

Yep-mostly limited distribution outlet. The very few network pieces are no investigation/repeat the WPC press release stuff while a single guy robs a store, charges a cop and gets shot and it was all over the news for months.
Peoples lives were trashed for being in the vicinity of a crime. A JoP files probably illegal warrants and sets unjustified bail. The cop that swore the warrants admits in court he was lying. Most things point to at least notable amount of CYA by Waco PD. ATF as an independent investigator is a joke. They've already been slapped down several times for creating cases against bikers where there was none.

I hear what you're saying. I do. The police fucked this up, but those motorcycle gang riders aren't the innocent people you'd have them be. Sure most of them were just there doing nothing but trying to hide from the gunfire. The thing is, the Cossacks and Bandidos have a long history of criminal behavior and the police have busted them from time to time in major stings and are always trying to catch them doing something.

They were there watching the bikers when the first shot was fired and then it was open season on the brawling bikers. Arrest them all and cover up. It's all part of their effort to clamp down and intimidate the bikers. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is with their history.

ETA - It sort of reminds me of that scene from The Untouchables where the mountie declares to Kevin Costner "I do NOT approve of your methods!" and Kevin replies "Well, you're not from Chicago."
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

futuredivot

That's what happens to people who are perceived to be a criminal based on how they look or where they happen to be.

In some cases the response is: don't dress like a thug if you don't want to be treated like a thug. Funny enough I haven't seen anybody suggest that if you don't want to be treated like a 1%er, don't dress like one.

Rick

well well I am curious what the autopsy reports will show. How many killed by cops?

A step in the right direction.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20150807-appeals-court-reverses-waco-judges-gag-order-in-biker-case.ece

>I am curious what the autopsy reports will show. How many killed by cops?

I would bet most of them, based purely on the likelihood that the cops were better trained than the bikers. So once the shooting started, they would be more likely to actually hit what they aimed at.

billvon

>I am curious what the autopsy reports will show. How many killed by cops?

I would bet most of them, based purely on the likelihood that the cops were better trained than the bikers. So once the shooting started, they would be more likely to actually hit what they aimed at.

Maybe we will find out now that the gag order has been lifted.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!