airdvr

Al Sharpton Calls For Emergency Meeting To Address 'Appalling' All-White Oscar Nominees

>So, Group 'A' sucks but Groups 'B' and 'C' suck a little bit less (or maybe a bit more
>IYHO). The common denominator is that all three still suck.

Exactly. Hence people who support group A 100% have a little less credibility when they attack group C "because they suck."

By attack do you mean a verbal attack or torching a city in whole or in part?

I have to agree with you on the fact that some words in the lexicon are clearly scorched earth attack words designed to silence one's opposition. Then there are words that by their very nature definition and cultural context, are constructively critical.

The wisdom of course is knowing the difference between the two and these days, both sides don't have it right.

Bottom line, there's no Constitutional provision from anyone of us being offended. I get offended by a lot of things every day. Doesn't give me the right to go busting windows or torching buildings.

tkhayes

you are assuming that because Al Sharpton deems himself a liberal (and so do you) that therefore he has the support of all liberals.

Kinda like someone saying that all white people are white supremacists simply because the white supremacists themselves are white.

Al Shaprton is hardly a threat to any right wing agenda. If you don't like him, then fine, move on. But don;t dare lump us all into one basket here.

Every time he opens his mouth, someone has to jump all over it particularly in this forum....which does kind of make me wonder why you all find him so threatening that you must address it very time.... He's the Bill O'Reilly entertainer of the 'race side' whatever that is.....and makes a living doing just that. being an entertainer.

You're assuming that because Bigun made a political "poke;" that it was more than that. Was just having a little fun with my liberal friends. I take him about as seriously as I do Mouth Limbaugh. Just noise. No signal. Except to those willing to listen and believe they are the arias for their party.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

tkhayes

by the definition of average, I would think that exactly 50% of the people are above average intelligence and 50% are below....no?

Bingo.

For something that has normal statistical distribution, saying that "the majority is above average" is an incorrect statement.

There are situations where the distribution is "end loaded" and the mean and median are significantly different.
One of the classic examples of this is major league sports salaries. Because the elite few make a huge amount more than the rest, the average salary is very high. The median salary is a lot lower. So it can be accurately stated that a majority of pro athletes make less than the average salary.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

tkhayes

by the definition of average, I would think that exactly 50% of the people are above average intelligence and 50% are below....no?

No, not entirely true. Though median is considered a form of average, the term average is most often used referring to mean.

SkyDekker

***by the definition of average, I would think that exactly 50% of the people are above average intelligence and 50% are below....no?

No, not entirely true. Though median is considered a form of average, the term average is most often used referring to mean.

True.

One person with an IQ of 10 and 90 people with IQs of 101 result in an average of 100 overall.

masterrig

To me, Al Sharpton is nothing more that a rabble rousing racist. I don't think much of Savage or Limbaugh, either.

Chuck

You got that right.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***To me, Al Sharpton is nothing more that a rabble rousing racist. I don't think much of Savage or Limbaugh, either.

Chuck

You got that right.

We might see through him but I think the average black person doesn't.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

******To me, Al Sharpton is nothing more that a rabble rousing racist. I don't think much of Savage or Limbaugh, either.

Chuck

You got that right.

I guess as much as the average white person doesn't see through Savage and Limbaugh.

SkyDekker

*********To me, Al Sharpton is nothing more that a rabble rousing racist. I don't think much of Savage or Limbaugh, either.

Chuck

You got that right.

I guess as much as the average white person doesn't see through Savage and Limbaugh.

Perhaps, with the exception that I don't think many see Limbaugh and Savage as spokesperson and role models.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

************To me, Al Sharpton is nothing more that a rabble rousing racist. I don't think much of Savage or Limbaugh, either.

Chuck

You got that right.

Perhaps, with the exception that I don't think many see Limbaugh and Savage as spokesperson and role models.

But let me guess, you think many black people see Al Sharpton as a role model.

BillyVance

***To me, Al Sharpton is nothing more that a rabble rousing racist. I don't think much of Savage or Limbaugh, either.

Chuck

You got that right.

He's a counterfeit! He has a lot of people suckered into believing he's something he's not. If anything, he should be in a prison cell, slow dancin' with the big boys.

Chuck

SkyDekker

probably more of a role model to televangelists, and shysters, and community organizers, and con-artists, and tax cheats, and young people of all backgrounds looking to sneak a quick buck and leave illegitimate babies all over the nation

everyone needs a role model - each of us needs to pick what we want to be good at and find someone that's really good at it already and see how they do it. It's a bit narrow minded to only choose from those that look like you though. Al can be a role model for all sorts of scum bags looking to make money off of the angry and uninformed.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***But let me guess, you think many black people see Al Sharpton as a role model.

probably more of a role model to televangelists, and shysters, and community organizers, and con-artists, and tax cheats, and young people of all backgrounds looking to sneak a quick buck and leave illegitimate babies all over the nation

everyone needs a role model - each of us needs to pick what we want to be good at and find someone that's really good at it already and see how they do it. It's a bit narrow minded to only choose from those that look like you though. Al can be a role model for all sorts of scum bags looking to make money off of the angry and uninformed.

Can I get an AMEN......

JerryBaumchen

Hi Dekker,

I disagree. While Rush has a lot of followers ( I know nothing of this Savage person ), I do doubt that the 'average' American-US citizen gives a s*** about him.

Jerry Baumchen

Yup just like the "average" black person could care less about Al Sharpton. That was kind of the point.

SkyDekker

Yup just like the "average" black person could care less about Al Sharpton. That was kind of the point.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.....

MY unfair, overgeneralized, ridiculous stereotypes about people and groups are always true.

EVERYONE ELSE'S unfair, overgeneralized, ridiculous stereotypes are just based in ignorance and a media that overhypes the tiny loud faction of weird fringe groups.

Even when mine and the other's are the same.....mine is true, they are being silly and lazy

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

What black people may think about Al Sharpton (and other things, overall an interesting read): http://www.rljcompanies.com/phpages/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Results-of-a-National-Opinion-Poll-Conducted-by-Zogby-Analytics-Black-Opinions-in-the-Age-of-Obama_2013.pdf

Spoiler: a majority don't think Al Sharpton speaks for them.

SkyDekker

***************To me, Al Sharpton is nothing more that a rabble rousing racist. I don't think much of Savage or Limbaugh, either.

Chuck

You got that right.

Define "many"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

To no one in particular - the fact that Al Sharpton is bitching about something so fucking trivial like all the Oscar nominees being white, tells you all you need to know about his priorities. Fuck Al Sharpton. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban