4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

31 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Polite inquiry and non-confrontation followed by conceding defeat in the pursuit of comity? Good luck with hoping the best, most interesting arguments will adjust the worldview of the religious. No matter, I yield.

There was nothing interesting in either one you two's posts. Coreece was making no sense and you were mostly just rude. 

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

Just curious, Did it even cross your mind that perhaps making a sex tape with a minor might actually be illegal even if the sex is legally consentual,

Then what in the actual fuck was your point?

8 hours ago, gowlerk said:

There was nothing interesting in either one you two's posts. Coreece was making no sense and you were mostly just rude. 

Well he at least acknowledged that my points were valid, so perhaps you're just ill informed and can connect the dots.  In the future, feel free to ask for help.

And if someone rather ask irrelevant questions about my personal sexuality rather than discuss the valid points with which they actually agree, then I don't see the point in posting at all, which apparently is a common theme with Weber.

5 hours ago, jakee said:
10 hours ago, Coreece said:

Just curious, Did it even cross your mind that perhaps making a sex tape with a minor might actually be illegal even if the sex is legally consentual,

Then what in the actual fuck was your point?

There were several links posted to headlines about criminal charges and a sex tape.  A couple posters emphasized that the sex tape involved an underage female minor.

One of the stories acknowledges that the sex tape has nothing to do with the criminal charges. The other story doesn't seem to make an effort to clarify that fact.

It's still unclear to me that if sex between an 18 and 16 year old is consensual and legal, would the sex tape legal also be legal?

I was also taken back by the fact that in Colorado, a 24 year old man can have sex with a 15 year old girl.

And as an aside, it kind of blew my mind that he can sexually ravage her, but it wouldn't be considered contributing to her delinquency unless of course he was trying to be romantic and offered a sip of wine.

Was that really so hard to parse?

25 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Absolutely, 100% yes it was. 

Honestly right, when you said this “oh wait, making a sex tape with an underage minor is perfectly legal?“ did you seriously think people would understand that you actually meant any of what you said above? Of course they wouldn’t.

So, is it really so hard to just say what you mean?

On 3/2/2024 at 8:08 AM, jakee said:
On 3/2/2024 at 7:39 AM, Coreece said:

Absolutely, 100% yes it was. 

Honestly right, when you said this “oh wait, making a sex tape with an underage minor is perfectly legal?“ did you seriously think people would understand that you actually meant any of what you said above?

well if you're asking me to be honest. You'll see that I actually went to edit it because I agree it's a bit confusing, but opted to leave it in and see what happens.  I also added a question mark.  ; )

I figured someone might rush in to tell me how wrong I was, to which I might reply - "well he wasn't charged for making the sex tape, so how do you know?"  And then perhaps we could have a discussion on it, who knows.

I also thought it was possible that some might get distracted by the plan parenthood comment and not even notice - which is why I made that comment to Joe.

Anyway, my bad.

On 3/2/2024 at 8:08 AM, jakee said:

So, is it really so hard to just say what you mean?

No, much easier to just spit it out.  Thanks.

On 3/2/2024 at 4:39 AM, Coreece said:

I was also taken back by the fact that in Colorado, a 24 year old man can have sex with a 15 year old girl.

Why? Underage marriage are still legal in many states. Mostly states with very religious leanings.

On 3/2/2024 at 4:39 AM, Coreece said:

It's still unclear to me that if sex between an 18 and 16 year old is consensual and legal, would the sex tape legal also be legal?

Unclear to me as well. But can see an argument where a minor can consent to sex, but cannot consent to having that sex recorded.

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Unclear to me as well. But can see an argument where a minor can consent to sex, but cannot consent to having that sex recorded.

Making images of sex with a minor is considered exploitative and is not legal in Canada. The age of consent is 16 (1t was 14 until 2008) for sexual contact that is not considered exploitative. Anyone in any posistion of authority over the minor is prohibited from sexual contact. Contact by those close enough in age is allowable for minors.  

Just now, gowlerk said:

Making images of sex with a minor is considered exploitative and is not legal in Canada. The age of consent is 16 (1t was 14 until 2008) for sexual contact that is not considered exploitative. Anyone in any posistion of authority over the minor is prohibited from sexual contact. Contact by those close enough in age is allowable for minors.  

Exactly.

8 minutes ago, ryoder said:

He's baaaaaaack:

Former New York Rep. George Santos announces plans to run for Congress again

Perhaps the strategy is to follow Trump's example of whining about "election interference" because he is being prosecuted while campaigning.

Well, he did win the seat ten times in a row; how hard can it be to win it again?

10 hours ago, billvon said:

Well, he did win the seat ten times in a row; how hard can it be to win it again?

He did invent the Oscillation Overthruster, so all those wins were easy by comparison!

10 hours ago, ryoder said:

Just another example of the MAGA cult leaders bragging about bills passing...which they voted against.

MTN: Boebert Brags About Projects She Voted Against

Because of course there are tweets:

Mar 6: "The #SwampOmnibus maintains COVID spending levels, funds the Green New Deal, and excludes nearly all conservative policy riders we fought for.  No wonder Democrats are ramming this monstrosity through before Sleepy Joe takes the stage tomorrow. The real question is: why are Republicans letting them?"

Mar 18: "Big wins as local communities are receiving over $20 million for important water and infrastructure projects! I'm grateful to all the stakeholders who brought these local priorities to my attention and helped ensure my 10 requests were passed into law."

CO GOP has annoited its chosen one to replace Ken Buck, and it isn't Bobo. He must have been picked based on his lengthy rap sheet, (described in the article):

CO Sun: Greg Lopez selected as Republican nominee for special election in Colorado’s 4th Congressional District to replace Ken Buck

Expect hissy fit from Bobo in 3...2...1...

6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

CO GOP has annoited its chosen one to replace Ken Buck, and it isn't Bobo. He must have been picked based on his lengthy rap sheet, (described in the article):

CO Sun: Greg Lopez selected as Republican nominee for special election in Colorado’s 4th Congressional District to replace Ken Buck

Expect hissy fit from Bobo in 3...2...1...

Eventually trump will die. All that cash and all those lawyers will need a place to go. You don't think the new capos and their crews won't need legal defense?

6 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Eventually trump will die. All that cash and all those lawyers will need a place to go. You don't think the new capos and their crews won't need legal defense?

And when he dies, I will be hosting a massive neighborhood BBQ and open an 18 year old bottle of scotch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

That's why they're so sure voter fraud is happening -- they're the ones doing it!

Wendy P.

The old "we KNOW Saddam Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction - we have the RECEIPTS!"

Having lived in Cook County, Philadelphia and a few other similar locales, there is a baseline level of voter fraud that is taken as the norm.  It's only when it gets egregious that people object.

In the upcoming election, writing in Theodore Roosevelt is looking attractive.  He may be dead, but he's still preferable to the the "living" candidates.