4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

On 5/3/2019 at 5:50 PM, TriGirl said:

It's about time.  This is the part of the article that just gets me:

"Maryland's Office of State Prosecutor and the city's ethics board have launched probes into whether any laws or ethics rules have been violated."

Uh... DUH!  (ethics rules).  You can't sell to, or solicit to sell to, an entity over which you have control.  I don't know the laws in Maryland, but if she is not forced to forfeit the profits from those sales, I'll be disgusted.

Why are you not a Moderator here? 

On 5/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, TriGirl said:

"Maryland's Office of State Prosecutor and the city's ethics board have launched probes into whether any laws or ethics rules have been violated."

Uh... DUH!  (ethics rules).  You can't sell to, or solicit to sell to, an entity over which you have control.  I don't know the laws in Maryland, but if she is not forced to forfeit the profits from those sales, I'll be disgusted.

I'm thinking that the same could be said about Trump and his use of "residences" and the profit he's trying to gain through that.  I know he's been called out on it before and I'm sure that some of it has bled through.

If he really wasn't in it for the money, he already has so much of, why doesn't he donate the profit?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm thinking that the same could be said about Trump and his use of "residences" and the profit he's trying to gain through that.  I know he's been called out on it before and I'm sure that some of it has bled through.

If he really wasn't in it for the money, he already has so much of, why doesn't he donate the profit?

Is there a single topic on any forum on any planet you don't feel qualified to parachute into and make an asinine statement or ask a vacuous question? The evidence suggests not.

Turtle Dump.png

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Is there a single topic on any forum on any planet you don't feel qualified to parachute into and make an asinine statement or ask a vacuous question?

Hi Joe,

I doubt it.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) 'an asinine statement or ask a vacuous question.'

How else would anyone define them?

On 12/2/2019 at 11:58 PM, turtlespeed said:

I thought that was a reasonable point. There are some instances that are morally questionable but perfectly legal (like charging the Secret Service full rate at Trump Tower to look after the sprog), some that are murky, and some that are downright unethical and surely as illegal as the example above. Trying to hold the G7 at Doral and telling Mike Pence to stay at a Trump resort on the west coast of Ireland when he was meeting people in Dublin, for example. (I mean seriously, look up Doonbeg on a map. It's hilarious.)

Also - It's called a discussion forum.

Remember that you said that next time you look at the press thread. Maybe try and discuss something.

One might not need that much, but if someone has earned that much, there are sillier things to spend it on. Or it might be inherited; the stuff appreciates. 

It’s dumb to travel with that much, and I would never have expected my work to reimburse something like that. 

Wendy P. 

7 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

And here is my nominee for this week:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/07/medicare-chief-asked-taxpayers-to-cover-stolen-jewelry-077761

Who really needs $49K in jewelry?

Jerry Baumchen 

"A top Trump health appointee sought to have taxpayers reimburse her for the costs of jewelry, clothing and other possessions, including a $5,900 Ivanka Trump-brand pendant,"

I'm sure all of the Republicans who were screaming 'pay to play' during the Hillary investigation will do the same again now...

7 hours ago, wmw999 said:

One might not need that much, but if someone has earned that much, there are sillier things to spend it on. Or it might be inherited; the stuff appreciates. 

It’s dumb to travel with that much, and I would never have expected my work to reimburse something like that. 

Wendy P. 

No-one needs jewelry at all.  I've managed to go through 7 decades without any, my brother has made it through 8 and my father made it through 9 decades.

No one needs skydiving, airplanes, or summer cars, either. No one needs vacation homes, RV’s, or anything more than basic comfort. We don’t need to eat anything more than very basic home-cooked foods (and few of us need meat).

Most of us on DZ.com have more than we need. Greed is a tricky thing to judge, especially in others. Most of us have a pretty good idea, but most definitions of greed are subjective.

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

No one needs skydiving, airplanes, or summer cars, either. No one needs vacation homes, RV’s, or anything more than basic comfort. We don’t need to eat anything more than very basic home-cooked foods (and few of us need meat).

Most of us on DZ.com have more than we need. Greed is a tricky thing to judge, especially in others. Most of us have a pretty good idea, but most definitions of greed are subjective.

Wendy P. 

I'll take the honor of giving your 100th rep point. 

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

Correct, but the context was jewelry.

On 12/8/2019 at 2:57 AM, jakee said:

"A top Trump health appointee sought to have taxpayers reimburse her for the costs of jewelry, clothing and other possessions, including a $5,900 Ivanka Trump-brand pendant,"

I'm sure all of the Republicans who were screaming 'pay to play' during the Hillary investigation will do the same again now...

Absolutely.

Who wants to call me and hear me scream it?

Businessman Omar Navarro, a prominent Republican who is challenging Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) in next years’ elections, was arrested over the weekend on felony stalking and extortion charges.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-gop-candidate-omar-navarro-arrested-suspicion-stalking-girlfriend-20191209-dwbvxi6bfjhgpaawbgxb2ocsf4-story.html

On 12/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, turtlespeed said:

Didn't he say when he got elected that he wasn't going to take the salary?  Of course, what's $400k/year compared to the millions his properties make off of official visits, but still -- had anyone seen evidence that he has returned or donated his salary?

59 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

Didn't he say when he got elected that he wasn't going to take the salary?  Of course, what's $400k/year compared to the millions his properties make off of official visits, but still -- had anyone seen evidence that he has returned or donated his salary?

He will release it just a soon as he is re-elected.  He promised.

1 hour ago, TriGirl said:

That's pretty much where I was going with that.

It's another reason that I dislike him.

7 hours ago, TriGirl said:

That is one thing he's actually done. Of course, it's not even particularly cynical to view it as a smokescreen to stave of criticism from his profiteering in other ways.