regulator

Get the vote out!

Don't vote straight down a party line. Do your own research and vote for the person you think will work for you representing your value system, and core beliefs despite their political affiliation. Voting for someone who is just going to fill a spot for your political team so you can have more numbers than the other team will not move the country forward.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Don't vote straight down a party line. Do your own research and vote for the person you think will work for you representing your value system, and core beliefs despite their political affiliation. Voting for someone who is just going to fill a spot for your political team so you can have more numbers than the other team will not move the country forward.

Ironically enough that's the exact same advice my mom gave me last night.

Before you cast your ballot ask yourself, am I more likely to get infected, beheaded or audited than I was six years ago. ~from the Patriot Post
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Before you cast your ballot ask yourself, am I more likely to get infected, beheaded or audited than I was six years ago. ~from the Patriot Post

And since the answer is, "No," then vote for the individual candidates on your ballot that you think will do the best job.

- Dan G

normiss

This is precisely what I love about absentee ballot voting.
Time to research everything.
B|

I had someone ask me if it was OK to leave 1 or more votes blank. I told them yes if you have no idea about the candidate or amendment please do not vote on it.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

>It's not a horse race- you don't speculate on the winner. You create the winner.

Agreed. And to that end, the endless barrage of election coverage hurts the electoral process by suggesting that the election is predetermined and their vote is pretty much pointless. "Oh, Joe Smith is taking a big early lead? Oh well. So much for this election."

If Republicans take control of both houses in Congress, this will be the 4th time in 8 years that power has shifted.

Every election seems to bring a stronger sentiment of anything but the current guy/administration/party. My prediction for 2 years from now is that the campaigns will be heavily focussed on who will be able to bring the parties together and create something positive.

Most expensive mid-term elections in American history, yet nothing of actual substance (other than those who get to claim victory for a day) will come out of it.

SkyDekker

If Republicans take control of both houses in Congress, this will be the 4th time in 8 years that power has shifted.

Every election seems to bring a stronger sentiment of anything but the current guy/administration/party. My prediction for 2 years from now is that the campaigns will be heavily focussed on who will be able to bring the parties together and create something positive.

Most expensive mid-term elections in American history, yet nothing of actual substance (other than those who get to claim victory for a day) will come out of it.

To me it seems a bit of a shit different than what I have seen before
IF the republicans get the senate they will be sending bills to the president that the house has been passing for 6 years
He will have to go on record vetoing them or supporting them
This is a shift from his current MO of always campaining

Not sure if anything will change in two years but it seems different to me anyway

BTW
The party of NO will be the Dems unles some of them support a veto override
And I dont see that happening

And just remember, the Senate has voted on nearly nothing for years now
things will change in this reagard I think
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

This is precisely what I love about absentee ballot voting.
Time to research everything.
B|

You can still do that as an inperson voter. At least here in California (I'd hope everywhere), they mail a sample ballot and you can mark it up as you do your research. This year was stuffed with so many city and state initiatives that I didn't finish till late last night, so I'm dropping off the ballot at the polling station.

SkyDekker

You're quite the optimist! I had hoped the GOP would find such a person in 2012 that would lead a charge based on fiscal policy, but instead they choose to wallow in the mud over hundreds of debates. However, this time could be a repeat of 2000 where they only pretend to have primaries and instead appoint their candidate free of too much debate. At least the Democrats seem to be aiming that way with Clinton. GW may have scorched the Bush name for good, so sorry Jeb.

As for the Congressional fluttering, it doesn't seem to different than the aftermath of Vietnam and Watergate. The 74 election was a house cleaning of GOP, but by 1980, Reagan was able to lead a takeback. This time we had Iraq and the crash and a remarkably low number of True Americans in Congress, and even party leadership has seen close calls or been bounced out. The incumbency advantage is still too great, but at least they've been put on some notice.