Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

Who here is ok with the FACT that a rich white kid, or the family member or neighbor of a policeman or politico, would not be stopped in the street in the first place, never mind dealt with using a gun. I know you aren't Normiss; that's why I picked your post to respond.

Everyone wants fair treatment for all. But when it's a friend's kid who's popped for shoplifting they're not too bothered if the police come to the house to discuss it, and offer some sort of intervention.

If you have money or connections, driving offenses are just lawyer ex away.

Money and power are great differentiators right now. And it's a sad thing when that means differing access to (privately-controlled) jobs or education. It's completely unacceptable when that means differing treatment by public services, that all are supposed to have equal access to.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

normiss

They have also given conflicting accounts of what happened.
I think this is version #3.
I know they first said he was stopped for walking in the street.
:S
They better doctor the reports and find some cigars with a quickness.

And this is the impact of their delay - our first reaction is doubt. Had they had this last weekend, along with elaboration on the supposed scuffle in the car, and a reason why there was cause to shoot at the suspect a second time, then some would still be suspicious, some would weigh the details, and some would presume the cops were right. But now....it looks like they spent a week coming up with a defense.

And it seemed like Anonymous was already about to (or had) announced the name, so no reason to not do so.

SkyDekker

***It seems to have de-escalated instantly.
Amazing what a little respect for humans can do.

\

I was watching the news this morning and had the exact same thought. Nice to see some people finally started using their head.

Yeah. Pull out the armored vehicles, the cops in Army gear and equipment, the rifles, etc. And put in state troopers to tone the situation down. And things became peaceful once the cops were ordered to stop the confrontation and posturing.

I'd like to hope this is a turning point. But it likely isn't. All that hardcore military shit? Would be a shame to have it and not use it.

Note: police who are detaining people for taking videos and pictures of them. That's straight up Soviet-style shit. And the images broadcast worldwide probably don't make America look like the bastion of freedom.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I don't think anyone can ever defend shooting someone with their hands up in surrender, do you?
No matter what the scuffle was over, no matter a simple store theft, shooting someone with their hands up will never be acceptable.

I'm hearing the images from the jiffy store and the ones of a dead kid in the street have different clothing.
I have yet to find good pics to tell...but that's gonna be another issue.

“We must demilitarize the police”; Rand Paul

“Our prisons are full of black and brown men and women who are serving inappropriately long and harsh sentences”; Rand Paul

Rand gets it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Interesting. The vast majority of protesters in ferguson appear to be peacefully pissed off. And they want people to stay peaceful. But as long as there is onemoron who isn't, that's what some will see. Not the majority who are peaceful, but the few who aren't.

It's a human thing. People who have been discriminated against see that more easily, too, rather than the people who treat them like everyone else.

But when you look like us (whoever "us" is), it's OK. When you look like someone else looking back at "us", it's not.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've briefly looked over the reports on this incident. It looks like a bad young man met a cop with poor judgment to me. Is there something that suggests the cop was racially motivated? I haven't seen it. Just curious why this is a racial thing.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Of course he had poor judgement, here is the video of him robbing the convince store before he is shot. Look how he just disregards the shop owner, and pushes him out of the way.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html

It starts at around 50 seconds, look at how he just bows up at the shop owner as he robs him, then just casually walks out.

It also appears that the initial police who handled the riots, were not just "Racist", now they are having to call in the national guard after they tried to calm the situation with a home town hero of the same race and a completely new police force.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/18/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKBN0GF0LP20140818

(Reuters) - Missouri's governor said on Monday he would send the National Guard into the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson to restore calm after authorities forcibly dispersed a crowd protesting last week's fatal shooting of an unarmed black teen by police.

Gov. Jay Nixon signed an executive order deploying the U.S. state militia, saying demonstrators had thrown Molotov cocktails and shot at police as well as a civilian, a description of the night's events diverging widely from some eyewitness accounts.

“Tonight, a day of hope, prayers, and peaceful protests was marred by the violent criminal acts of an organized and growing number of individuals, many from outside the community and state, whose actions are putting the residents and businesses of Ferguson at risk," Nixon said in a statement on his website.

A midnight curfew was imposed for the second night in the tense St. Louis suburb hit by racially charged demonstrations, violence and looting since Michael Brown, 18, was shot to death on Aug. 9 by white police officer Darren Wilson.

At around dusk on Sunday, hundreds of protesters in Ferguson including families with young children fled to safety after police wearing gas masks and body armor fired tear gas and smoke canisters to scatter them hours ahead of the curfew.

"The smoke bombs were completely unprovoked," said Anthony Ellis, 45. "It (the protest) was led by kids on bikes. Next you know they're saying, 'Go home, Go home!'"

The Missouri Highway Patrol said "aggressors" were trying to infiltrate a law enforcement command post and that armored vehicles were deployed to ensure public safety.

"We ordered them back. We ordered them back again. After several attempts, we utilized the smoke to disperse these individuals," said Highway Patrol Corporal Justin Wheetley.

State Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson told a late night news briefing: "Molotov cocktails were thrown, there were shootings, looting, vandalism and other acts of violence that clearly appear not to have been spontaneous."

He was explaining the police tactics against what he said had to that point been a peaceful demonstration.

"Coordinated acts" by a few in the crowd were "premeditated criminal acts designed ... to provoke a response," Johnson said. "I had no alternative but to elevate the level of our response."

He noted most of the protesters were peaceful and blamed the trouble on "a few people bent on violence and destruction."

Johnson said the trouble began after police responded to the shooting of a civilian at 8.25 p.m., which was followed by gunfire directed towards police and Molotov cocktails being thrown. At least one other person was shot, and several were arrested. No police were injured.

Officials said Ferguson schools would be closed on Monday.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Yes
I have seen all of that
I have been purposly waiting to see what comes out
But in the end, it will not matter
the cops life will be ruined and this will be put out as a race based murder and twisted for political gain. And in the case of the racist bastard sharpton, will be extended for monitary gain

What a mess
And what a bunch of violent ass holes doing all this protesting
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

wmw999

Interesting. The vast majority of protesters in ferguson appear to be peacefully pissed off. And they want people to stay peaceful. But as long as there is onemoron who isn't, that's what some will see. Not the majority who are peaceful, but the few who aren't.

It's a human thing. People who have been discriminated against see that more easily, too, rather than the people who treat them like everyone else.

But when you look like us (whoever "us" is), it's OK. When you look like someone else looking back at "us", it's not.

Wendy P.

Wendy
I respectfull submit that you continue providing the excuse naritive they need to justify them being violent, lawless assholes
"It is a human thing" ?????

Really?
Abraham Lincoln

I'm not saying it's OK. What I'm saying is that as long as there are a few who are violent, we see them all as violent, even though it's only a few, and the rest are disavowing them.

Treat groups of people like individuals, not like categorizable birth-based groups.

Wendy P.

wmw999

I'm not saying it's OK. What I'm saying is that as long as there are a few who are violent, we see them all as violent, even though it's only a few, and the rest are disavowing them.

Treat groups of people like individuals, not like categorizable birth-based groups.

Wendy P.

I believe that, for the most part, others DO treat them as you say they should
But they treat or think of themselves otherwise to give themselves and excuse to behave as they are

I do not see them ALL as viloent
Do you?

BTW
I blame those like Sharpton the most
Those like him keep pushing the "I am a victom" mentality that drives this kind of behaivior
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Interesting. The vast majority of protesters in ferguson appear to be peacefully pissed off. And they want people to stay peaceful. But as long as there is onemoron who isn't, that's what some will see. Not the majority who are peaceful, but the few who aren't.

Wendy P.

Wendy
I respectfull submit that you continue providing the excuse naritive they need to justify them being violent, lawless assholes

Really?

Just like being a racist is a human thing.

rushmc

***Treat groups of people like individuals, not like categorizable birth-based groups.

But they treat or think of themselves otherwise to give themselves and excuse to behave as they are

Who are 'they'?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

winsor

Who are 'they'?

You know, them. As opposed to us, of course.

Us and Them
And after all we're only ordinary men
Me, and you
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jakee

******Treat groups of people like individuals, not like categorizable birth-based groups.

Who are 'they'?those who riot
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

******Interesting. The vast majority of protesters in ferguson appear to be peacefully pissed off. And they want people to stay peaceful. But as long as there is onemoron who isn't, that's what some will see. Not the majority who are peaceful, but the few who aren't.

Wendy P.

Wendy

Really?

Just like being a racist is a human thing.

Now you want to make an excuse for that too?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********Treat groups of people like individuals, not like categorizable birth-based groups.

Who are 'they'?those who riot

"I do not see them ALL as viloent"

You don't see all the rioters as violent?

Or are 'them' different from 'they'?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?