maadmax

How can anyone say "God doesn't exist" ?

GeorgiaDon

***The unicorn happened before the big bang.

Long time ago, galaxy far far away, there were a land of unicorns. This land was governed by white unicorn and black unicorn.

One day there was a clash between white and black unicorn and they fought against one another.

When those two horns crash together they've created biggest explosion no unicorn has seen before. The chain reaction of unicorns exploding created space dust. When enough unicorns were sacrificed and enough space dust were created the earth was born.

That's the origin of big bang. Two unicorns, colliding together.

Wait a minute! Where do the turtles fit in? If the Earth is balanced on turtles, where did they come from?

Don

This might not be earth at all,,more like p3x1001-05 or something, and were all chasing our tales through the matrix absent a turtle spirt, cause some demonoids thought it chill to back particalized kryptonite in Jesus's emergancy space time starfighter option, less the intel of moving the matrix basicley half backwards in time, screwing with everyones normal body functions and making an argument for organized crime on the way..along with his Dad and whole family starting a war in heaven looking for him, and all is space jock budies, who know just wear his starfighter jacket is hanging,,
Just like it says in the Bible over and over again.

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

There is plenty of evidence for the shape of the Earth, and absolutely no evidence whatsoever for the existence of any supernatural being... and that includes bogus arguments based on a misunderstanding of physics.

Alrighty then, just out of curiosity what view of reality do you subscribe to, Materialism, Realism, or Idealism?

Croc

Whose dream?

As I understand it, by the dream itself. I think their whole point is that there is no beginning or end and everywhere and "everywhen" exists "simultaneously" outside of the "dream". Even our understanding of QM sorta brushes by this notion.

We are such stuff as dreams are made on;
And our little life is rounded with a sleep.

The Tempest, Shakespeare
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

GeorgiaDon

Long time ago, galaxy far far away, there were a land of unicorns. This land was governed by white unicorn and black unicorn.

One day there was a clash between white and black unicorn and they fought against one another.

When those two horns crash together they've created biggest explosion no unicorn has seen before. The chain reaction of unicorns exploding created space dust. When enough unicorns were sacrificed and enough space dust were created the earth was born.

Wait a minute! Where do the turtles fit in? If the Earth is balanced on turtles, where did they come from?

Don

That has all been explained.

I'm going to solve this once and for all. This is the realm of metaphysics, stompin grounds of philosophers. My wife happens to be a philosopher, full time. I'll ask her what she thinks.

She says there is only One Thing in the universe and It regularly manifests as multiplicity which we experience as the dream we call "life", and then returns to Its unmanifest state-- over and over again.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Hang on a minute--I'll ask her.

She says she never heard of you either.

GeorgiaDon

Don

Most of us look at things a lot like this . . .:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******The unicorn happened before the big bang.

Don

Ok ok ,shadowfax and Pegesas,, power beings on the living side of the river standing across the two north heaven unicorns, in the great star city,
Lord world city over the frontier,,the unicorns were fed food grown from the familys of terrin passing,,they the children the eye snake, but not known before the crystal passing, that is when atherium unicorn feeds pegesas crystles through her minds eye, same with siter and shadowfax,
When siter and the other unicorns run in the fields Jesus spoke into place on the rivers one side green gems grow at their feet, Shadowfax runs in the field on the other side of the river with pegesas , Diamonds form at Shadowfax' s feet, Purple gems at Pegesas's , yet the gems turn into a strange green crystal powdery and harmful as Pegesas runs and faces the river, he saw this only happening if he saw the unicorn making green gems on the other side of the river, they never saw any unicorne ever form a red crystal,, Pegesas runs to ask his Lord on the throne at the start of the river, why do I see the harm when I see the emerald,,I put what I know on the left and I put who I am on the right, this is so in your pride as you are my children I will always know you,,these at my left will not always be my children,, Pegesas being Jesus as he suffered cried as a river, Shadowfax greeved to the Lord ,,as this happened Onyx awoke in Jesus his other name, He froze The tears of Pegesas, and they formed kryptonite,, a crytal that could give and take life,, Jesus gathered these crystals up and cast them across the stars, so Pegesas and Shadowfax could see what they while,, in this world we live under their eyes..

Having something never beats doing (>|Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

aarco

*********The unicorn happened before the big bang.

Don

Ok ok ,shadowfax and Pegesas,, power beings on the living side of the river standing across the two north heaven unicorns, in the great star city,
Lord world city over the frontier,,the unicorns were fed food grown from the familys of terrin passing,,they the children the eye snake, but not known before the crystal passing, that is when atherium unicorn feeds pegesas crystles through her minds eye, same with siter and shadowfax,
When siter and the other unicorns run in the fields Jesus spoke into place on the rivers one side green gems grow at their feet, Shadowfax runs in the field on the other side of the river with pegesas , Diamonds form at Shadowfax' s feet, Purple gems at Pegesas's , yet the gems turn into a strange green crystal powdery and harmful as Pegesas runs and faces the river, he saw this only happening if he saw the unicorn making green gems on the other side of the river, they never saw any unicorne ever form a red crystal,, Pegesas runs to ask his Lord on the throne at the start of the river, why do I see the harm when I see the emerald,,I put what I know on the left and I put who I am on the right, this is so in your pride as you are my children I will always know you,,these at my left will not always be my children,, Pegesas being Jesus as he suffered cried as a river, Shadowfax greeved to the Lord ,,as this happened Onyx awoke in Jesus his other name, He froze The tears of Pegesas, and they formed kryptonite,, a crytal that could give and take life,, Jesus gathered these crystals up and cast them across the stars, so Pegesas and Shadowfax could see what they while,, in this world we live under their eyes..

WTF? I want some of what you are smoking.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Truth is Truth however and whenever it is expressed:

If it can be spoken of, that's not it.
Lao Tzu

Curving back within Myself I create again and again.
The Bhagavad Gita

That One Thing, breathless, breathed by It's own nature; apart from It was nothing whatsoever.
Rig Veda

The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.
Heisenberg

Quantum Theory thus reveals a basic oneness of the universe.
Fritjof Capra

There is only One Thing, ever unmanifest, without attributes, and therefore ever imperceptible. Is this God?

There is only One Thing, ever unmanifest, without attributes, and therefore ever imperceptible. Is this God?

No. I think you're thinking of "City Slickers."

http://youtu.be/X1cmvzRKCCg?t=1m2s

But seriously, if you are going to dare to fuck up a Lao Tzu quote in front of me, then you probably ought to know he wrote of "ten thousand things."

I think we can both agree there is a considerable difference between 1 and 10,000.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Croc

Truth is Truth however and whenever it is expressed:

If it can be spoken of, that's not it.
Lao Tzu

Curving back within Myself I create again and again.
The Bhagavad Gita

That One Thing, breathless, breathed by It's own nature; apart from It was nothing whatsoever.
Rig Veda

The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.
Heisenberg

Quantum Theory thus reveals a basic oneness of the universe.
Fritjof Capra

You said " that's not it"
And then " is this God"?

Some say you would need to be on drugs to read the Book of Revelation and understand it, others say you would need to do drugs in order to believe it. In truth, witch you can say as things actualy happen,,you would need to change and then focus back your mind as you worked through it in order to do anything with it,, just like the stars are there to be had yet I'm to stupid and greedy to go out there and actualy do anything, so I'll just leave the magic on the table and let sombody else pack my reserve,

A masterbating athiest never went anywere but Hell.

Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

Bolas

***You have contradicted yourself. Anyone who would conclude that
"I do not know X, therefore X does not exist" is not thinking logically but simply believes his thoughts about the matter, which is exactly my point. Science would never jump to such conclusions. Check your dictionary. Atheism is a doctrine; agnosticism is not.

winsor

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Christopher Hitchens

It's not a matter of one not knowing as there's no proof to know.

I'm going to call you a Nazi and a cowerd,, or chickin sht:). prove me wrong

RonD1120

...Really, I don't even know if a quantum exists for certain. Much less on how to take it apart. You, and some others, say it exists but I have no evidence of it. You speak in terms that have no meaning in my world. For me the vocabulary and terminology is just the stuff of science fiction and fantasy.

Just because you don't understand something, or it doesn't have any meaning to you, it does not make it any less true. If you can come up with a better explanation for subatomic behaviour and supply lots of evidence for it, we might start taking you seriously.

Quagmirian

***...Really, I don't even know if a quantum exists for certain. Much less on how to take it apart. You, and some others, say it exists but I have no evidence of it. You speak in terms that have no meaning in my world. For me the vocabulary and terminology is just the stuff of science fiction and fantasy.

Just because you don't understand something, or it doesn't have any meaning to you, it does not make it any less true. If you can come up with a better explanation for subatomic behaviour and supply lots of evidence for it, we might start taking you seriously.

You missed the meaning of the joke.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Croc

What happened before the Big Bang?

Usually 3 other Big Bangs

but if you go early enough, it's usually a Bones rerun, or a How I Met Your Mother

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I understand exactly what you mean. My checkbook is always balanced, I regularly compute MPG for my motorcycle and maybe once a year I have to solve an equation with one or two unknowns. Outside of that, mathematics is amusing but not very relevant in my reality.

Your motorbike has an engine, instruments and electronics, right? Then you're using maths and physics when you ride it. And when you post on this website, you're using maths and physics.

When you look at your relationship with Christ, then you're using your imagination. I've never thought that a PHD in imagining was that impressive.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?