rushmc

ACA

jclalor

Just out of idol curiosity, if the American way of life as we know it is about to collapse, why is the stock market at record highs?

Does that really make sense to you?

Really? You do not understand the market if yo are really asking this. I am not saying we are going to collapse but the market is and has been artifically jacked up by QE..... and that is not going to stop because the economy still sucks. All that free money pumped in to the system for companies to hoard = great company value hence the market is way up. Companies are cash rich bc they are taking in all of that free money. It cannot and will not last....
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

normiss

Well that seems to be what repeated scientific research is showing.
Believe what you will.

So . . . you didn't respond to COPD.

Which is expensive to care for.

Aren't you glad that the tax dollars are going toward that now.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Do you do ANY research at all or are you only an emotional poster?

You're not quite accurate based on what I've read on the research.

Whatever.

Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend.

B|

Surely I don't have to do YOUR homework too.:ph34r:

Here is an article I read a while ago . . .

Took me a bit to find it. Which is the reason I didn't post it earlier.

Little snatches from various articles . . .

The potential for induction of laryngeal, oropharyngeal, and possibly bronchogenic carcinoma from marijuana has been documented by several case reports and observational series.

All 14 studies that assessed long-term marijuana smoking and respiratory complications noted an association with increased respiratory symptoms, including cough, phlegm, and wheeze (eg, odds ratio, 2.00; 95% confidence interval, 1.32–3.01, for the association between marijuana smoking and cough). Studies were variable in their overall quality (eg, controlling for confounders, including tobacco smoking).

Some agree - some don't.

As a smoker (cigarettes) (ex actually:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Iago

Single mn knocks up woman, single mans health plan does not even enter into the equation. Single man responsible for medical expenses of knocked up woman.

That's not how it works now, is it? Do paternity suits roll back to before the child is born, and established as being his offspring?

Why are single men different from married men in this context? We're well past the era where we pretend that no one has sex before marriage, and no children are conceived.

Why should men subsidize pregnancies that only (directly) affect women's health? Why do women subsidize accidents, which predominantly happen to men? Or prostate cancer? Or testicular cancer? There are a number of medical costs that are heavily biased to one gender, but aside from the small number of sperm bank babies, pregnancy is a shared expense.

Smokers get slapped with the surcharge for two reasons: 1- we collectively have been attacking smoking for decades now and 2- it really does cost a shitload in extra care, and is a voluntary choice by each person. Much more so than any other big ticket, though you could correctly assert that the vast majority of the morbidly obese voluntarily got themselves there.

And the Doctor said: the government must pay me a fair amount for these Obamacare subscribers otherwise I'm not seeing them.

So it seems the doctors are a huge missing equation in all this. People might have insurance but if there's no doc that will see the patient what good is the insurance.

airdvr

***Prior to Obamacare, qualifying for Medicaid in Colorado as a single person required earning less than $100/month (as in one hundred, I did not leave off a zero).

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1251852630198&ssbinary=true Not so.

That link doesn't work for me. This one does

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/HCPF/HCPF/1246453721518.

and repeats what I said

Benefits for Adults without Dependent Children

Medicaid is accepting applications from low-income adults without dependent children (AwDC).

To be eligible for the program you must:

Earn approximately $95 or less a month for a single adult ($129 for a married couple)

People with children have a lower threshold, and as of January 1st 2014 Colorado will be expanding Medicaid to cover everyone earning up to 100% of the poverty level as encouraged by ACA.

There's also a state indigent care program although that's not insurance.

Instead of starting a new thread on Obamacare I'll just tag on and come back to the point. Mainly, we're screwed.

Palin was right about death panels, ask the Canadians. I challenge the progressive liberals here to watch the entire video.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/looks-like-sarah-palin-absolutely-correct/#wbd1coj5JJVQzgRx.01
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Palin was right about death panels, ask the Canadians. I challenge the progressive liberals here to watch the entire video.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/...#wbd1coj5JJVQzgRx.01

In 1996, Ontario's provincial legislature created the Consent and Capacity Board, a body with the power to make the final decision when doctors and families disagree on keeping a patient alive with continued treatment or pulling the plug, a conflict that can result in endless legal battles.

At issue in the Ontario case was the fate of Hassan Rasouli, a retired engineer who suffered complications following brain surgery three years ago and has been in a vegetative state in a Toronto hospital ever since. Doctors say there is no hope of recovery but the family doesn't want to turn off life support.

The court ruled that the doctors could not overrule the family's wishes, but are able to appeal to the Consent and Capacity Board, which could.

Contemplating end-of-life decisions for a loved one must be a terribly disturbing emotional undertaking for those to whom the responsibility has fallen.

This ruling only affirms that in cases of continued lengthy disagreement between the parties charged with the individuals care they have a vehicle for arbitration. It should be noted however any decision rendered by the Board can still be challenged in court.

Cost-Benefit analysis is not allowed in appeals for consideration by the Consent & Capacity Board.

If you choose however, like Ms. Palin does, to view life (and death) in monochomatic black & white, there is nothing that can be added to convince you otherwise.

Incidentally, the video blogger you linked? You might want to advise him that at 5:21, he could possibly choose less anachronistic terms for some foreign nationalities.

RonD1120

Instead of starting a new thread on Obamacare I'll just tag on and come back to the point. Mainly, we're screwed.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/looks-like-sarah-palin-absolutely-correct/#wbd1coj5JJVQzgRx.01

We have had "death panels" in the USA for decades. Run by the health insurance companies.

There will be NO CHANGE under ACA since the SAME companies are being contracted to continue do the same thing

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Instead of starting a new thread on Obamacare I'll just tag on and come back to the point. Mainly, we're screwed.

We have had "death panels" in the USA for decades. Run by the health insurance companies.

There will be NO CHANGE under ACA since the SAME companies are being contracted to continue do the same thing

How many, I wonder, people were aware of the financial justification or cost efficiency panels at all prior to Obamacare? Did folks truly understand Health Management Organizations?

I realized in 2000 that the VA will search for a terminal diagnosis and treat the patient primarily in that regard. I believed then and now that the purpose was to determine data for future budgeting. In other words, the VA wants to know when to drop you from the books and will seek to make it sooner than later.

My operational philosophy, do not seek medical help without good reason, primary criteria is broken or bleeding. Do not lose body parts unnecessarily.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Apparently you missed it the first time, so I repeat:

There will be NO CHANGE under ACA since the SAME companies are being contracted to continue do the SAME thing they have been doing all along.

Whether it's HMO's or traditional insurance companies, they're in the business of maximizing profits and minimizing costs, while producing something that people can and/or will buy. That means they all determine what treatments they cover, and if those treatments aren't covered, well, that constitutes a "death panel" if you disagree with it.

Anyone who's ever fought an insurance company to have something covered, or who knows someone who has, is aware of this.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

Apparently you missed it. I was essentially agreeing with you.

Its a hit and miss with John. His bias is so strong it tends to interfere with his reading comprehension.[:/]

turtlespeed

***Apparently you missed it. I was essentially agreeing with you.

Its a hit and miss with John. His bias is so strong it tends to interfere with his reading comprehension.[:/]

I know, it was a vain attempt at civility.

kallend

***Apparently you missed it. I was essentially agreeing with you.

Why then did you write "Palin was right about death panels, ask the Canadians."? Loss of memory?

Dog-gone-it, Canada has death panels, just as the Insurance companies have death panels.

It's the harshness of the word and the political incorrectness you are alerting on.

But its not time to be so dogged on the vernacular of what it is.

Yes, it was a phrase that was designed to make people cower.

You are really just chasing your tail on this one.

turtlespeed

******Apparently you missed it. I was essentially agreeing with you.

Why then did you write "Palin was right about death panels, ask the Canadians."? Loss of memory?

Dog-gone-it, Canada has death panels, just as the Insurance companies have death panels.

It's the harshness of the word and the political incorrectness you are alerting on.

But its not time to be so dogged on the vernacular of what it is.

Yes, it was a phrase that was designed to make people cower.

You are really just chasing your tail on this one.

Since "death panels" have existed for decades, why did Palin try to connect them with the ACA? And why did Ron emphasize that?

Pure deceit aimed at the ignorant, that's why.

RonD1120

How many, I wonder, people were aware of the financial justification or cost efficiency panels at all prior to Obamacare? Did folks truly understand Health Management Organizations?

You surely do, having worked in the mental health field, one of the most challenging to have treatments authorized and often requiring a lengthy preauthorization process and appeals.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

kallend

Since "death panels" have existed for decades, why did Palin try to connect them with the ACA? And why did Ron emphasize that?

Exactly.

In fact with Obamacare we'll have life panels figuring out how to keep the dying with us for days and hours more whatever the cost.

The rules are simple : insurance companies must spend at least 80% of what they collect on health care and preventative measures (for individual plans and small groups; for large group's it's 85%, and catastrophic plans have a lower requirement). All excess premium collections must be returned (my employer got back some tenths of a percent because our plan didn't spend enough).

To look at another way insurers are allowed to slap a 25% markup on anything they care to spend.

They can no longer make more money by spending less and pocketing the difference. To make more post ACA they must spend more.

$1,000,000 spent on end-of-life care is $250,000 more they're allowed to keep for overhead and profits than spending nothing and letting someone die.

They can make more by keeping people alive longer and must serve their fiduciary duty to share holders by doing so.

"pro-life" Republicans should be thrilled.

DrewEckhardt

Exactly.

In fact with Obamacare we'll have life panels figuring out how to keep the dying with us for days and hours more whatever the cost.

The rules are simple : insurance companies must spend at least 80% of what they collect on health care and preventative measures (for individual plans and small groups; for large group's it's 85%, and catastrophic plans have a lower requirement). All excess premium collections must be returned (my employer got back some tenths of a percent because our plan didn't spend enough).

To look at another way insurers are allowed to slap a 25% markup on anything they care to spend.

They can no longer make more money by spending less and pocketing the difference. To make more post ACA they must spend more.

$1,000,000 spent on end-of-life care is $250,000 more they're allowed to keep for overhead and profits than spending nothing and letting someone die.

They can make more by keeping people alive longer and must serve their fiduciary duty to share holders by doing so.

"pro-life" Republicans should be thrilled.

By all means . . lets close open air memorials and spend thousands unnecessarily, just so it can appear to be a shutdown.:S

Nothing different between the two.

It's no different than making the inflammatory remarks that the Republicans are anarchists.

It's disgusting, and irritating, and even though it is, if it helps turn the US against Obamacare, as it is now, it is the right thing to say.

Scare Tactics . . . that is all it is.

I don't understand what the issue is. If your insurance doesn't cover it, just pay for it yourself.

If you cannot afford it, you simply haven't worked hard enough. Why are you protecting all these lazy people? Next thing you are going to advocate for all illegals to be automatically covered too.

The US is doomed with all these lazy idiots depending on hand outs.