Anvilbrother

President hops on air force one and cost us 3.6 million to go back to his vacation.

I've got it totally figured out.....make that bitch run on hope and change!! He's got that coming out of his ears, plenty enough to fuel two jumbo jets, and if he runs out of that, prop up a Teleprompter, and have him give some lib hair raising speech. Enough hot air they could stay afloat for another 4 years till he's gone.

I hope he doesnt even reply to your vague suggestion....

It wasn't a vague suggestion. Isn't an armed populace supposed to prevent Obama from being a threat to America?

So, if he is a threat to America, wouldn't that mean the 2nd Amendment isn't working?

Guess it is somewhat typical that first thoughts go to killing.

Presidents go on vacation. 3.6 million is the deficit amount for about 20 seconds. Bigger fish to fry than this.

EVERY dollar counts.

Is this how you run your personal finances?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Do you bend over to pick up pennies off the sidewalk? Do you walk across the street only if it's a dime?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Do you bend over to pick up pennies off the sidewalk? Do you walk across the street only if it's a dime?

Wendy P.

I absolutely do pick up pennies when I see them.

Not sure what walking across the street has to do with dimes, but if you are asking if I would cross the street if I saw a dime on the ground, the answer is yes, if I see it.

If you mind your pennies, the dollars take care of them selves.

Waste not want not.

Rather, maybe it should be waste not, Tax not.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Home budgets are crappy analogies, but the whole "go ahead and spend because that program is a tiny part" is a lot like this:

"John got laid off and money is tight. However, we still go out to restaurants 5 nights a week. It doesn't matter since the mortgage and the car payments are the biggest items and a few steaks and lobsters won't make a dent compared to them"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>"John got laid off and money is tight. However, we still go out to restaurants 5 nights
>a week. It doesn't matter since the mortgage and the car payments are the biggest
>items and a few steaks and lobsters won't make a dent compared to them"

Well, to make it a better comparison:

"John got a demotion and is making $100 less a week at his job. However, he still buys gum once a week."

Home budgets are crappy analogies, but the whole "go ahead and spend because that program is a tiny part" is a lot like this: ....

I agree with your comment.

I also think home budget analogies are also sometimes crappy because they are being applied to a situation that never occurs in a real home budget, like this one about the cost of AF1. How many people Have to travel with the level of security, and the staff, that the President does? How many people have to assume they will be targets for terrorists or disgruntled citizens every time they travel? Have the guarantee of perfect communications at all times, even in the event that someone should launch a nuclear attack while they are in the air? Plus having to keep up a level of maintenance on an old vehicle that precludes (as much as is humanly possible) the chance of a crash due to a mechanical failure?

I was also shocked to learn how much it costs to operate AF1, but it seems that cost is not materially different than it has been under previous presidents. Certainly no-one has provided evidence that Obama has demanded anything that inflated the cost. AF1 is the responsibility of the military, and they are the ones who set the budget for it. It's justifiable to ask why is the cost so high, and is there anything about it that is superfluous? But, do we as a country really want to risk some major crisis because the president was out of communication at a critical moment? Have any wacko be able to take out the President's plane due to crappy security? End up with Biden (or Pelosi!!) as president because it was too expensive to properly maintain the engines?

This isn't directed at rehmwa, but to anyone who thinks the President should have to pay out of pocket for the cost of travel.

Don

>"John got a demotion and is making $100 less a week at his job. However, he still buys gum once a week."

seems like pushing a decimal around a couple points either direction and we're talking real money

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>"John got laid off and money is tight. However, we still go out to restaurants 5 nights
>a week. It doesn't matter since the mortgage and the car payments are the biggest
>items and a few steaks and lobsters won't make a dent compared to them"

Well, to make it a better comparison:

"John got a demotion and is making $100 less a week at his job. However, he still buys gum once a week."

That bastard. I'll bet he was raised by a welfare queen.

And in an update, it's costing about a million dollars a day for Trump's secret service protection (never mind traffic disruption) and when his wife and son don't move to the White House that cost will continue.

Makes that Nancy Pelosi jet and Obama vacay seem like chicken feed.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

And in an update, it's costing about a million dollars a day for Trump's secret service protection (never mind traffic disruption) and when his wife and son don't move to the White House that cost will continue.

Makes that Nancy Pelosi jet and Obama vacay seem like chicken feed.

Wendy P.

You forget that the Obamas took two planes to Hawaii since they did not go together.

It costs what it costs but you can bet if Trump wastes money it will be a bigger story than if the Obamas did the same.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

You forget that the Obamas took two planes to Hawaii since they did not go together.

It costs what it costs but you can bet if Trump wastes money it will be a bigger story amount than if the Obamas did the same.

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

rushmc

It costs what it costs but you can bet if Trump wastes money it will be a bigger story than if the Obamas did the same.

Who gives a shit about Obama any more? Get a new argument - That story's written. You can't shout "BUT OBAMA!..." at every single thing anymore.

I love the way that during the election you were stating that you didn't approve of Clinton OR Trump, but now you're man is president elect you're just about the biggest cheerleader he has. He's the golden boy who can do no wrong...

yoink

Who gives a shit about Obama any more? Get a new argument - That story's written. You can't shout "BUT OBAMA!..." at every single thing anymore.

I love the way that during the election you were stating that you didn't approve of Clinton OR Trump, but now you're man is president elect you're just about the biggest cheerleader he has. He's the golden boy who can do no wrong...

Actually
You need to re-read my post as I said it costs what it costs.

On the other hand, we are still hearing "it's Bush's fault".

As for cheer leader?

I just point out the bull shit on this site as the libs have run most of the other conservatives out of here.

I guess they just got tired of the constant attacks
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln