Gravitymaster

The "Why Republicans Lost" thread

So you think that article is a well reasoned and unbiased look at "Why Republicans Lost"?

Regardless of whether a person decides to don their Reynolds Wrap hat and assume bias in the article, its conclusions match the pre-election predictions as well as the outcome.

While this may have come as a shock to some in the Republican Party such as Turd Blossom and Rush Limbaugh, it was not a surprise to anyone who realized you can no longer insult women, blacks and latinos and have a prayer at winning. You can no longer reject out of hand 47% of the population and have a hope of winning. You can no longer represent the 1% and hope to have 50.01% show up to support you back.

Yet the Republican Party attempted to do all of the above.

Surprise . . . they lost.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

So you think that article is a well reasoned and unbiased look at "Why Republicans Lost"?

Regardless of whether a person decides to don their Reynolds Wrap hat and assume bias in the article, its conclusions match the pre-election predictions as well as the outcome.

While this may have come as a shock to some in the Republican Party such as Turd Blossom and Rush Limbaugh, it was not a surprise to anyone who realized you can no longer insult women, blacks and latinos and have a prayer at winning. You can no longer reject out of hand 47% of the population and have a hope of winning. You can no longer represent the 1% and hope to have 50.01% show up to support you back.

I would not go a far as you in claiming they attempted to discredit people. Romney simply was not that good of a candidate. OBAMA's team branded him early to the likeness of the monopolists (Rocky, Mellon Carnegie) before they became philanthropists. Rich greedy white guy the same thing Teddy Roosevelt painted them to break up the trusts. This has all been done before. This is not news. Funny but all the rich white guys finally decided to give away all their money to the tune of billions to build much of what this country is today. They built libraries, national parks etc. They spearheaded a middle class like no other fueled by innovation and hard work. They provided opportunity and a transportation system. America became strong. Now, our health care cost more than our GDP and the Russians are carrying our people to space. Good Luck loosing the rich guy.

Here is another map. Apparently a quick shot from a TV screen during a Fox news broadcast. Now we are talking secession.

49% of Americans are about to explode.

51% of Americans want Obamaphone and other free stuff.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So you actually believe that the media didn't seize upon a few noodle heads in the Republican Party and try and portray the entire party that way? You believe that and yet refer to others as having tin foil hats? Seriously?

Here is another map. Apparently a quick shot from a TV screen during a Fox news broadcast. Now we are talking secession.

Nobody's going to secede. This is just being done by a few knuckle heads and a few with an agenda.

Nobody's going to secede. This is just being done by a few knuckle heads and a few with an agenda.

I agree. This is just an example of the anger and division created by this administration and those in support of it. America is divided and so far no one is discussing unity.

They have a couple months to deal with the fiscal cliff and four years to curb Obamacare. Somehow, I don't feel a secure comfort that our Congress is going to figure that out.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>OK, if you were for OBAMA

I think that's the thing you are missing. He wasn't for Obama, he was for Johnson.

This. Some of us haven't neglected our civic duties and actually vote our conscience by choosing a candidate whose stance agrees with ours as opposed to flipping a coin and attempting to back a "winner" we disagree with on 80% of his platform and policies. Just because you happen to be sheep who cant stand the idea of being out of the herd doesn't mean we are backing either of your shepherds.

Obama and Romney can both get fucked. There is very little light between them and a vote for either is a vote for "More of the same"

>Now we are talking secession.

Would solve the deficit problem. Let the red welfare states secede. The US budget now has a surplus, and the red states have a two week honeymoon before they realize that their free government cheese has ended.

Could make them beg a bit before we take them back. But that would be mean.

I know a lot of well paid professionals who voted for Obama. They (and I) do not want free anything.

All you are doing is showing the same condescending tone that helped lose Romney the election. But that's fine - the GOP will continue to lose all the while that attitude persists.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I know a lot of well paid professionals who voted for Obama. They (and I) do not want free anything.

All you are doing is showing the same condescending tone that helped lose Romney the election. But that's fine - the GOP will continue to lose all the while that attitude persists.

I know some middle-aged, heterosexual, gainfully employed, married white guys who find the Republican platform largely undesirable. Myself for one example. This guy for another.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

< Heterosexual,White, Middle aged Veteran, 100k + career who wont vote for another Republican as long as they remain a "big government in your bedroom, why aren't you at church" party.

< Heterosexual,White, Middle aged Veteran, 100k + career who wont vote for another Republican as long as they remain a "big government in your bedroom, why aren't you at church" party.

Same on all counts. If they divorce the whacko fraction of their religious base, embrace science, treat killing as a distasteful last resort, and try for some honest to goodness fiscal conservatism (without completely abandoning the truly needy), I'll be a proponent. Until then, I'll remain skeptical at best.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well, Romney did most of the work for him. He pissed off the "47% takers" enough to vote Obama, all Obama had to do was convince another 4% to vote for him! hahahaha Good game BHO, good game!
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

You need to focus on the women vote. They have to be made to feel wanted, and admired which is pretty hard to do when they're 250lbs waddling down the street with legs on backwards, arms dangling with a face like man. Have you seen the Walmart pics. OMG Asses hanging so far out and so ugly no wonder men are turning gay. How do they even have sex. It's not long enough. Jeesh. Sheep are looking good. Hey, lets push marrage with animals. That will get em' Just take the farm show to the edge as it ain't ever coming back to Ozzy and Harriot.:D:D:D

Your comparison is totally wrong. Corn in the cans are the same. DeMonte packs the store brand. And you still believe the federal gov't should pay more than it has to to feed the needy? No wonder our federal deficit is in the tank.

First of, you started this conversation with Food Stamps. WIC is completely seperate from Food Stamps.

The direct answer probably has more to do with the following requirement for eligibility (you are aware that manufacturers have to apply for eligibility right?):

Expected or current geographic and store distribution of the product (e.g., confirmation that the product is or will be available nationally or just in certain states or regions of the United States and its territories and a list of the major chain stores that will sell or currently sell the product).

Lastly, from the WIkipedia Article on WIC and sourced there:

A study of birth outcomes showed benefit-to-cost ratios ranging from $1.77 to $3.13 in Medicaid costs saved for each $1 spent on WIC

Your posts reak of the typical throwing out of talking points without any effort of research or verification.

You need to focus on the women vote. They have to be made to feel wanted, and admired which is pretty hard to do when they're 250lbs waddling down the street with legs on backwards, arms dangling with a face like man. Have you seen the Walmart pics. OMG Asses hanging so far out and so ugly no wonder men are turning gay. How do they even have sex. It's not long enough. Jeesh. Sheep are looking good. Hey, lets push marrage with animals. That will get em' Just take the farm show to the edge as it ain't ever coming back to Ozzy and Harriot.

Shah?

- Dan G

If they divorce the whacko fraction of their religious base, embrace science, treat killing as a distasteful last resort,

you say that like it's three things - I'd say that the first item covers all three

that's the PR side of the dems convincing everyone that the religious faction = the whole party. Reps tried something similar, but they jsut didn't have the PR machine to do it.

I agree with you though, the better discussion is that the republicans would be better off redefining to the original (not the hijacked) version of the tea party

1 - ditch the religious extremists
2 - go for a solely fiscally conservative stance

I think this would win hands down with a ton of people abandoning the social manipulation culture of the two entrenched parties.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Seems that GOP supporters on DZ.COM are a microcosm of the supporters in the nation as a whole: in denial that anything in their party's policy platform or leader's pronouncements had anything to do with their loss. No, the GOP's loss was entirely due to the dereliction and deficiencies of the US voting population.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Your comparison is totally wrong. Corn in the cans are the same. DeMonte packs the store brand. And you still believe the federal gov't should pay more than it has to to feed the needy? No wonder our federal deficit is in the tank.

First of, you started this conversation with Food Stamps. WIC is completely seperate from Food Stamps.

The direct answer probably has more to do with the following requirement for eligibility (you are aware that manufacturers have to apply for eligibility right?):

Expected or current geographic and store distribution of the product (e.g., confirmation that the product is or will be available nationally or just in certain states or regions of the United States and its territories and a list of the major chain stores that will sell or currently sell the product).

Lastly, from the WIkipedia Article on WIC and sourced there:

A study of birth outcomes showed benefit-to-cost ratios ranging from $1.77 to $3.13 in Medicaid costs saved for each $1 spent on WIC

Your posts reak of the typical throwing out of talking points without any effort of research or verification.

I hit the talking points: why does WIC get the $1.38 can of corn when they can get 89 cent corn saving the gov't a lot of money. What is the elgibility in that? Oh OK I'll show up with GOLD RUSH CORN at $2.50 a can/ packed by delMonte and apply for WIC status on the basis GOLD RUSH CORN WILL TURN ALL THE KIDS INTO NFL FOOTBALL STARS as the idiots would really believe that. I get approval and go to the bank at the expense of American Middle Class property owners and tax payers. What talking point am I not talking about that letting them have 89 cent corn instead of $1.38. Delmonte, denied, store brand approved. Time this by the hundreds of millions of cans of corn and you end up with a 40 billion dollar food program that could be cut in half.

>The Founding Principle, IS: Where do your rights come from... God or government?
>If they come from God, as our documents say... Then who owns your body, after God?
The Constitution does not say anything about our rights coming from God.
If you are going to go around waving the Constitution and complaining about it, you should read it first.

Quade... would you like to jump in and yet again say that the DOI has nothing to do with the Constitution.
Because you are wrong.
And I said, DocumentS.

Is your basic problem, you just don't know who you're talking to?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver